New Man

Divide
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pairing: Chanwoo and Yeri (ChanRi??) 
Setting: 2035
Prompt: "I guess if you were Louis Lane, I wasn't Superman.” - Ed Sheeran, New Man
Word Count: 1174
Warning: rare-ship I guess and angst (so much angst) as usual
Summary: "I'm not your Superman, Yerim-ah. I'm not always gonna be there to save you. You can save yourself." 

"Chanu-yah! Chanu-yah!!" 

 

Jung Chanwoo buried his face deeper into his pillows. He's still so sleepy and tired. He just finished filming the new movie he's casted with and he's so exhausted. But the voice of his hyung is so loud. 

 

As he sat up his bed, his bedroom door opened, revealing an excited and hyper Kim Donghyuk. 

 

"Yah! Have you heard? Yah!" Donghyuk yelled, jumping to his bed and even slightly shoving him in the process. Maybe it's a bad thing that Donghyuk knew the passcode to Chanwoo's apartment. 

 

"Hyung it's so early. I just finished filming The Great King this morning," Chanwoo mumbled, his eyes still closed. Really, they packed up like at 3am and it's barely 6am.

 

"Oh really? Anyway, look," Donghyuk said, pushing his phone towards Chanwoo who groaned and accepted the phone just to stop Donghyuk. 

 

He yawned as his eyes tried to focus on what Donghyuk was showing him. 

 

Huh. 

 

He gave back the phone to his friend, and shrugged his shoulders, obviously not the reaction Donghyuk wanted because he started to shake him. 

 

"Yah, what kind of reaction is that?" Donghyuk whined, still shaking him. 

 

"What do you want me to do? Cry?" Chanwoo answered, laughing a little by the way Donghyuk's eyes widen. 

 

"You wanna cry?!" Donghyuk shouted, making Chanwoo flinched and shook his head. 

 

"No. I mean, ugh, it's fine, Donghyuk-ah. We both moved on already. It's been months. Move on, too," Chanwoo said and smiled. Donghyuk frowned at their maknae. 

 

"Yah, I know you're a great actor but you're not gonna fool me with that smile. Move on, my a*s. You're obviously not moving on. You're burrowing yourself at work, filming movies and series, come on," Donghyuk stated, eyeing Chanwoo who sighed. 

 

"She's moving on. I think I also need to move on," Chanwoo said, sadly smiling. It's been months, more than 5 months already, he really need to move on. 

 

 

It was Park Sooyoung' s birthday, a rather intimate one, only her close friends were invited and it's happening in a private villa but of course, Kim Donghyuk still fuss for it to be perfect. And thankfully, it turned out well. 

 

"Good work, Dong. Joy-noona looks so happy," June commented, smiling as he sip his drink. 

 

"Yeah, thank you for helping me, Chanu-yah, June-yah," Donghyuk said, smiling at his two friends. But his smile faded upon seeing something. He quickly turned and looked at Chanu, and their maknae seemed oblivious so he exhaled in relief. 

 

Donghyuk motioned for June who didn't really understand because the said man looked around and suddenly elbowed Chanwoo who was busy at his phone. 

 

"Yah, look, Yeri is with her new boyfriend," June remarked and Donghyuk mentally face-palmed. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter