Supermarket Flowers

Divide
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'll recommend for you to listen to Supermarket Flowers while reading this. And pls don't hate me. 

Pairing: Bobhi (not really focus tho, sorry)
Setting: July 2039, Sosa-gu, Bucheon-si, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea
Prompt: “Dad always told me don’t you cry when you’re down, but mom, there’s a tear every time that I blink.” – Ed Sheeran, Supermarket Flowers
Word Count: 2707
Warning: character death (so lots of angst I guess, prepare your heart)
Summary: “I often believe that my first love was my dad. But then, I realized that no, it was not appa, it was omma. No offense appa.”

 

Kim Jieun. A lot of ramification was connected with her name. She was one of the youngest achiever from GD Stage. She’s their money-maker when it comes to acting. She got her first award on her rookie year, ‘Best New Actress’. She remembered how proud her dad was. She was just 15 that time but she got her first acting award. And then, just like that, awards came pouring down on her. She got a cabinet full of trophies at her apartment in Hongdae. Jieun remembered how her mom’s eyes widen when she visited Jieun last year and saw those trophies.

 

“You’ve got so much more than my trophies and your dad’s combined.”

 

Kim Jieun. Who was she? To put it simply, she’s the only daughter of iKON’s main rapper, Bobby and YG’s former songstress, Lee Hi. She’s the younger sister of the well-known 24-year-old singer-songwriter, Kim Haneul and a noona to her 15-year-old younger brother, an infamous young underground rapper, Kim Joongi. Many people said she was a headstrong person, just like her mom. She actually looked so much alike with her mom, except for her eyes, since it was so small like her dad’s.

 

She sniffed as she opened a door on their home in Bucheon. Her parents’ house. Their home. She smiled as she looked around the room. Nothing changes. It was like these for the past months. Jieun could still clearly remember her mom lying on the queen-sized bed on the middle of the room. How her mom complained and whined that she hated just lying there. That she wanted to walked around and pick fresh flowers.

 

And that’s the reason why Kim Jiwon would bring supermarket flowers home after he went to the groceries. Jieun picked up the already withered flowers on the vase situated on the bedside table. She took a deep breathe before removing all the get well soon cards beside the flowers. She noticed a personalized card with a lengthy message. She didn’t have to guess who it was from. She was betting her career that it was from her Auntie Suhyun. She also picked up some stuff toys scattered on the floor beside the table. It was mostly from her dad’s best friends. iKON. They would often come in Bucheon and would always tell her mom fun stories which would always made her laugh.

 

She put all the things away on a case. She chocked a sob when she saw a scrapbook. It was made by their youngest, Joongi. It was all the pictures of their mother when she was still active in the music industry. She didn’t even realized she was crying until she noticed that the photo album was already being damp. She quickly wiped her tears away, knowing how her dad told her to always smile, especially when around her mom.

 

She inhaled deeply and sat on the bed, softly caressing the mattress, as if her mom was still there. She already missed Lee Hayi. Her witty remarks, how she would always joked that Jieun should be a singer or a rapper, not an actress. How she support Jieun’s decisions in life. How she would always watch Jieun’s drama on repeat. How she watch Jieun accepting her awards, usually live on TV. Her ever-ready smile when Jieun came home. Her homemade cookies Jieun loved to eat, to hell with diet. The love Jieun saw between her parents, that’s the kind of love she was also wishing to experience.

 

“Jieun-ah.” She looked up and saw her older brother by the door, looking gloomily at her. She smiled and nodded at him before standing up and walking towards him. “You can fool everyone with that smile, but not me, Eun-ah,” he whispered and cupped her cheeks, wiping the side of her face.

 

“I just don’t want you to be infected with my depressing emotions and also cry, seeing as you’re such a cry-baby, oppa,” she answered and rolled her eyes, trying to uplift the sad atmosphere around them. Kim Haneul also smiled and playfully patted her head. He would often think that Jieun was actually the older one between them, with the way she would always consider first her brothers’ feelings before herself.

 

“Yeah, right. Let’s go. Appa and Joongi are already on the car,” he said and offered his hand which she gladly accepted. Haneul also offered her a sunglasses which made her brows creased.

 

“You’re eyes looked like a rotten tomato. Hide it or else your fans would be horrified,” he playfully said and Jieun rolled her eyes again but still wear it, remembering that paparazzi and Dispatch were always lurking around them.

 

They walked the short pathway towards their gate and Jieun couldn’t help but felt a strong pain in her heart, looking around their small but beautiful garden, full of roses and orchids. Their mother took interest in gardening and decided to experiment in their garden when she had free time (which was most of the time). Hayi would often say that she wanted their garden to be the most beautiful in Bucheon, and it actually was. Jieun remembered one summer day, when she helped her mom cut off the grass and rearranged Hayi’s collection of orchids. She tighten her grip on his brother’s hand, feeling her eyes burning, an indication that her tears would come. She felt him squeezing her hand back, obviously also feeling the melancholy she was feeling.

 

And everything went by like a blur. The trip to the funeral pyre, Kim Jiwon’s short but emotional message about his soulmate, and Lee Suhyun, her mother’s best friend, also gave a message. She felt a hand held hers and looked beside her to see Kim Joongi, looking at her with concern.

 

“Hmm? What’s wrong, Joongi-yah?” she softly asked and Joongi remained seriously staring at her.

 

“Noona, if you can’t do it, I would always be here to do it for you,” he said, acting so mature, it made Jieun smiled. It was rare to see Joongi be so serious and talk like a grown-up. He was always a naugthy and often annoying teenager.

 

“Don’t worry. Noona will do this. We actually decided that it’s me who would do this since oppa would probably just cry and cry and we know you. You would just probably rapped out there and would make us astonished,” she explained, receiving a smirk from Joongi and a protest to the already crying Haneul on her other side.

 

Jieun smiled and t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter