oo2

Tight Bonds
Please log in to read the full chapter

A month has passed since the sitting arrangement. Jaerin and Jimin still hasn't talked to each other. It was Arts class and they happened to have the same class at the subject too. 

"Do you guys bring the sketchbook I told you to bring last week?" Mr. Jang asked as he placed his things on his table.

"," Jimin cursed and face-palmed himself. How could he forget about that? He looked around his class and found out that everyone brought the sketchbook, only him who did not. Jaerin noticed this but remained silent. She had two sketchbooks actually, but she was afraid to give him one. What if he got mad?

Jimin's face went pale as Mr. Jang went to check their tables one by one. , , ! He cursed in his head. 

Jaerin looked at him anxiously and decided to give him her sketchbook. She wrote hastily on her stickynote and stuck it on the first page of the sketchbook.  She took a deep breath and gave him the sketchbook without a word.

Jimin was very surprised. Did she just... And for the first time, he finally looked at her in the eyes without hatred but surprised.

Jaerin nervously doodled on her own sketchbook, acting as if it never happened. Jimin cleared his throat and opened the sketchbook and found a note inside. 

Use mine instead. You don't need to give it back to me.

Had a habit of scratching his head when nervous, Jimin scratched his head and muttered, "Thanks."

It was very simple. But that sent Jaerin to Cloud 9. In reality, Jaerin only nodded and continued with her work.

Honestly, her action got Jimin catch off guard. He got help from the person he hated the most. This wasn't what he expected. Groaning softly, he shook his head and did his work, attempting to forget about it. 

School was over, Jaerin was on her way to her part-time job. She wasn't in need of money actually. Her parents supported her financially from Busan even though they never visited her here in Seoul. She wanted to have people to talk to. That was why she took the part-time job in the coffee shop near her apartment. 

"Annyeong, Jaerin-ah!" Dahyun, one of the workers, greeted her brightly. Jaerin gave her a small smile back. "Annyeong, Dahyun," she said and went to change her uniform.

Dahyun was a 12 grader student like Jaerin. They didn't attend the same school, although it'd be great for Jaerin if they did. Jaerin attended Hanseong High School while Dahyun went to School of Performing Arts or mostly known as SOPA.

Jaerin was always jealous of Dahyun. Her friend already knew what she wanted to do with her life, unlike her. Dahyun has always wanted to be a dancer ever since she was little. Unfortunately, she failed every audition that was held by popular entertainments. But nevertheless, she never gave up. She even had an audition coming up this Saturday.

"Jaerin, can you take Geurin's shift for tonight?" The manager of the coffee shop suddenly asked her just when she finished changing. 

"Geurin eonni's? Why is that, Mr. Kim?" She asked, furrowing her eyebrows. 

"Today is her 3rd anniversary," Mr. Kim said, smiling apologetically at her. Jaerin nodded in understanding. She had nothing to do either since school's has just started. 

"Okay, then, Mr. Kim," she said and smiled. "Thank you, Jaerin-ah," Mr. Kim said and ruffled her hair. "I'll give you extra tip later."

Jaerin only nodded and went to work, glancing at her watch briefly. 4.36 PM, it read. She sighed softly. 5 and a half hours to go. Fighting, Jaerin!

Standing behind the counter, she put a smile on her face and asked the customer what he wanted to have.

The coffeeshop seemed very busy today as Jaerin didn't realize it was already half past eight. When there weren't any customers needed to serve, she sat at a random chair and stretched her body a little. Dahyun joined her a while later.

"Damn, today was a blast," Dahyun groaned as she pulled her pink ombre hair. Jaerin laughed at her sillyness. "Aren't you going home yet?" Jaerin asked because at this time, Dahyun already went home. 

"Jeez, can't you let me rest? I just went through a tsunami today," the latter complained while patting her own back. But then she suddenly got excited which Jaerin raised her brow at.

"Ah, right. How was your school?" She asked, exicted to know. "Did you have a talk with anyone?"

Jaerin shifted uncomfortably and Dahyun immediately knew the answer. The pink haired girl sighed loudly. "You know you won't get any friends if you don't initiate it first," she said seriously.

"I know it, Dahyun. But how can I possibly talk to them if they see me as a garbage? Who wants to be friends with an ex-bully?" Jaerin answered her, rolling her eyes. She had told her story to Dahyun. Strangely but thankfully, Dahyun understood her and even said it was not all her fault that Jimin and the rest of the school hated her. They didn't know her side of story, so who were they to judge?

"I wish I were in your school so I could slap them one by one," Dahyun grumbled with a pout on her lips. "So, how are you and Jimin?" She asked teasingly. 

Jaerin suddenly turned pink which made Dahyun grinned evilly before laughing so hard t

Please log in to read the full chapter