oo3

Tight Bonds
Please log in to read the full chapter

"You should know your place, ugly," a boy wearing a middle school uniform arrogantly said while slapping a chubby boy's cheeks.

"How dare you step on my new shoes, huh?" The arrogant boy scoffed and grabbed the poor boy's collar. "B-But I a-apol-logized," the poor boy tried to say. The arrogant boy laughed, his group of friends laughed, but Jaerin didn't laugh. She was mad, very mad. She hated herself that she couldn't defend the poor boy because she was afraid everyone would leave her and be like him. She was selfish.

The arrogant boy beat the poor boy up and Jaerin gasped silently. The poor boy's eyes were screaming for help from her but Jaerin didn't do anything to stop her friend. She looked away from his eyes and left the class.

When she got back to the class where the poor boy was beaten up, she was surprised to see he was still there. She silently walked in and saw he was covering his eyes with his left arm. She swallowed an invisible lump when she saw bruises all over him. 

Panic rushed through her when he was about to open his eyes because he noticed someone's presence. "No, don't open your eyes!" Jaerin begged, desperation evident on her voice. 

"Why? And who are you?" The poor boy asked back but did as she told. "Please, just don't," Jaerin begged more. 

"Fine," the poor boy gave up. "I'm looking very pathetic right now, right? I'm Jimin, by the way."

Jaerin let out a small smile. "No, you're not. Let me take care of the bruises," she said. 

"You shouldn't do that. I can drag you to the mess I've made," Jimin replied, still closing his eyes. He was dying to know who the girl was.

"Everyone's gone home. Come on," Jaerin insisted and opened the first aid kit she'd brought. Jimin sighed and nodded.

"I didn't catch your name," Jimin said when Jaerin was treating his bruises. The girl giggled softly. "It's a secret," she said.

Jimin grumbled in annoyance. "Why is it a secret? It's just a name," he said.

"I like secrets," Jaerin said, blowing softly at the bruises she just gave ointment to. 

"I will call you Secret Angel then," Jimin said out of the blue. Jaerin's heart skipped a beat. He just called her a secret angel when she didn't deserve the title he gave her. 

"Why Secret Angel?" She asked as she put bandaids on the bruises. 

"Because you came out of nowhere when I need a companion and your name is unknown," he replied with a smile playing on his lips. 

Jaerin laughed. "My name isn't unknown."

"What time is it? I couldn't check because you told me to close my eyes," he asked. Jaerin checked her watch, 5 PM it read.

"It's 5. I should probably go now. See you when I see you," Jaerin said and grabbed her things.

"Wait," Jimin called just as she was about to stand. "When can I see you again?"

Jaerin thought for a second. Oh! 

She took one of her pendants off her neck and gave it to Jimin. "Take this," she said as she placed it on his right palm. "I have two of these. Mine has a light pink stone while the one I give you has a light blue stone." 

"Why are you giving me this?" Jimin asked with his eyes still closed.

"Wait for me at the rooftop on lunch time every Wednesday and Friday. Please close your eyes. I will come 10 minutes after you," she said. "I have two, can't I be generous and give you one?"

And then she left.

Jimin opened his eyes and saw no one in the class. He took a look at the pendant the girl gave him and smiled.

 

He thought he just found his first love.

 

 

The next day, Jimin found no girls wearing the same pendant as he was. Of course he would found no one.

Jaerin kept it on her pocket instead of wearing it so that Jimin wouldn't know who she was.

 

 


Jaerin was surprised to see Jimin arrive before her. But that wasn't the one shocked her. What shocked her the most was the pendants Jimin were staring at. 

 

How on earth did he get my pendant?

 

No wonder it went gone since the last three weeks. Jimin cleared his throat and pocketed them back when he caught Jaerin staring at them too.

"Hi, Chimchim!" Taehyung appeared from nowhere and greeted him with a headlock. He saw Jaerin but acted like she didn't exist.

"Hi to you too, Taehyung," Jimin grumbled and removed his friend's hand off his neck. 

"Oh yes," Taehyung started as he took his seat. Apparently, his seat was near to Jimin's so Jimin could still hear his talk. "I forgot to tell you."

"Tell me what?" Jimin asked. Jaerin froze on her seat. Is he going to tell him...

"Me and Namjoon hyung went to your favorite cafe yesterday night and guess what I found out," Taehyung gave Jaerin a sinister smile as he said that.

Jimin's eyes widened in hope. "Do you possibly find her?" He asked gleefully.

Taehyung shook his head. "Nope, but I found out something better."

Jimin rolled his eyes. "That doesn't concern me anymore."

Jaerin shifted uncomfortably on her seat. She really wanted to strangle Taehyung. He's been getting on her nerve lately. 

"Your number one fan works there," Taehyung cackled as he pointed at Jaerin. The girl bit her lip nervously and avoided them by pretending to be immersed in her TOEFL book. 

Jimin turned his head to the said girl, rather uninterested. "So? Anybody could work there. Go get your books out, Tae. The bell will ring in a few seconds," he replied coolly. Ouch. Jaerin thought he co

Please log in to read the full chapter