oo4

Tight Bonds
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

"You have 10 minutes to change into you PE clothes," coach Lee instructed. "Meet you guys in the field. Those who are late, I have a 3-lap run for you."

 

Jaerin hated PE so much. And her having her period wasn't helping at all. With heavy steps, she headed to the girl's changing room and got change.

 

"Girls, you play volley today. Make two teams! Boys, you play basketball and make two teams also!" Coach Lee yelled and blew the whistle. Jaerin exhaled softly.

 

She raised her hand and coach Lee immediately knew what she meant. "No team again? Join team A, Jaerin." He said.

 

Jaerin nodded and nervously went to team A. By the looks that were given to her, she knew she was unwelcomed there. She ignored their looks and looked at where the boys were playing.

 

As if on cue, she saw Jimin holding the ball, attempting to put it in the basket. He got Suga and Hoseok blocking his way but he got out of it and made 3 points. He smiled brightly as he did a parade with his teammates, showing off his eyesmile which Jaerin loved. Without her realizing, she smiled adoringly at the scene. But it soon got cut off when her teammates coughed to have her attention. "What are you doing? Get in your position. The game's almost on," JeeA, the tallest in her class, said in annoyance, clicking her tongue in the process.

 

After 10 minutes of playing, Jaerin started to think that her opponents and her own teammates were ganging up on hitting her with the volleyball because it kept on hitting her head and body. She was truly exhausted as she was avoiding the strong hits given by her opponents. She swore she already had bruises all over her body because of them.

 

Jaerin wiped her sweat using a towel which she hung on her neck. She was wiping so seriously that she didn't notice two balls were coming at her. A volleyball and a basketball.

 

"Jaerin, watch out!" Someone shouted but it was already too late. The balls had hit her square on her head.

 

THUD.

 

Jaerin practically saw Jimin's apologetic face before blackness consumed her fully.

 

Jimin ran up to her like lightning. He didn't care whether she was his bully or not, it didn't matter to him at the moment. He had just hit someone with a basketball in the head. Not to mention, she got hit by two balls at a time. Yoongi was in a daze, it happened so quickly that he needed some time to process what had just happened and trailed after Jimin to the infirmary.

 

"Jaerin," he called as he softly jerked her body to wake her up. "Jaerin, can you hear me?" But he got no response from her. "," he cursed under his breath.

 

He quickly carried her bridal style to the infirmary and had the school doctor check her up.

 

Back in the field, coach Lee was burning with fire. "This is not something funny to be pranked on!" He yelled at the girls. "What will you do if she gets a serious injury on her head? What if she is in a comatose state? What if she dies on the spot? Who's going to take the responsibility for that?! Me! Do you want me to lose my job forever?! God damn it!"

 

The girls hung their head low in shame, having no words to say.

 

 

"She doesn't have any crack on her head, fortunately. Just a bruise. I guess she just fainted from the shock and fatigue. Well, who wouldn't if they got two balls hit on their head at the same time?" Dr. Yun chuckled and Jimin let out a sigh of relief.

 

Dr. Yun finished wrapping her head and turned to the worried looking boy. "I thought she was your ex-bully?" she asked, meaning to .

 

Jimin widened his eyes. How could she know that?

 

"Don't give that look, Mr. Park," she smiled. "Apparently, the whole school knows about it. Even teachers and doctors."

 

"Well, yeah. Sort of," he answered, fiddling his fingers nervously.

 

"Sort of?"

 

Jimin nodded. "You see, she didn't physically bully me in middle school. She just happened to be a part of the group who beat me up. She just watched."

 

"What do you mean she just watched?" The doctor asked, confused. "Rumor has it that she was the one who made fun of your looks and beat you up."

 

The boy looked at the doctor strangely. "No, she almost never touched me. Who came up with that stupid rumor?"

 

Dr. Yun shrugged. "Everyone believes it that way. Anyways, I have a meeting to catch on. You're staying here until she wakes up, right?"

 

"Yeah, I think so," he replied.

 

"Tell her that it's normal for her head to hurt when she wakes up. I'll be going now," dr. Yun took her stuff and left the infirmary, not forgetting to smile at the boy. Jimin bowed at her briefly then took a chair to sit beside her bed which she was lying on.

 

He watched her sleep as he replayed dr. Yun's words.

 

Rumor has it that she was the one who made fun of your looks and beat you up.

 

Jimin had no idea about that rumor going around her. He thought he already made it clear that she didn't physically harm him.

 

He sighed. Did she even have friends?

 

Why do I care? He thought again. Come to think of it, she's really similar to me in the past. Well, she deserves this anyway. She has to know how it feels having no one around her.

 

A knock pushed away his thoughts and Jimin looked up to see Yoongi entering the infirmary.

 

"Is she okay?" The older asked as he took another chair to sit beside Jimin. The latter nodded and sighed deeply.

 

Yoongi felt relieved because it was partially his fault to pass the ball to Jimin. Sighing, he took the chance to take a good look at the sleeping Jaerin; she looked oddly familiar to him, but he couldn't put a finger to who she was.

 

"What should I say to her when she wakes up?" Jimin asked suddenly.

 

Yoongi rolled his eyes and replied, "Apologize to her, you head. She could've died there, Jimin."

 

Of course I should apologize, Jimin thought, mentally scoffing to himself. Why did I ask that stupid question?

 

Yoongi sighed and turned to the younger. "Hey, I know you're still very bitter about your past. But you can't hate her forever, can you? Your can't forget your past if you don't learn how to forgive, Jimin."

 

"She never apologized," argued Jimin. "She could come to me anytime she wanted but she never did. I hate her even more for that. She's always just like that, with her eyes only watching me but never once did she help or talk to me!"

 

Oh, she always tried, Jimin. Yoongi sighed and remained silent. He still believed she had a reason to do that. Based on his observation on the rooftop almost everyday, he knew Jaerin was not what Jimin claimed she was.

 

He didn't want to argue with Jimin anymore and instead, he patted his back. "Fine, whatever you say, but when she wakes up, you still have to apologize." Then he left the infirmary.

 

Sighing, Jimin looked at the sleeping figure and closed his eyes. Feeling a little drowsy, he couldn't help but fell asleep beside her.

 

 

"Secret Angel, is that you?" Jimin asked as he heard someon

Please log in to read the full chapter