oo1

Tight Bonds
Please log in to read the full chapter

"I shouldn't have been a coward. I should have talked to him like a normal girl would do. Not like this..."

 

-----

 

Looking at herself one last time in the mirror, Jaerin fixed her hair and sighed softly. Just one more year, Jaerin. You can do this. And then she left her apartment.

While waiting for the bus to arrive, Jaerin put her headphones on, some R&B music softly blasting on her ears. She checked her watch and sighed again. 7.10 AM it read. She had been 10 minutes later than her usual time going to school. This is gonna be bad, she thought. I hope nobody takes my usual seat at the back.

When she arrived at her class 45 minutes later, she sighed in relief as nobody sat on her usual place. As she walked to her place, people stopped short to look at her then began whispering. Jaerin fought the urge to roll her eyes at them but she realized not messing with them in this last year sounded better.

This Busan girl this, this Busan girl that. She heard them almost every damn time she walked. It's been freaking three years. Haven't they got bored of talking about her?

She was about to put her headphones on but stopped when one of the girls at her class mentioned someone's name.

"I heard Park Jimin and his friends are going to be in this class," she said, eyes twinkling as she mentioned their names. "No sherlock!" Her friend gasped. "You mean the BTS? How lucky we are!" Then they started squealing.

 

Jimin.

Park Jimin.

 

Jaerin let out a secret small smile on her face. She was happy to know he was going to be in the same class as her, but she knew it was the other way around to him.

"But," the girl continued as she sent Jaerin a disgusted look. "His used-to-be bully is there. Don't you think this year is gonna be awesome?" Her group of friends snickered at that. Jaerin averts her eyes from the girl's and gulps. She hated it. She really hated it when people said that in front of her face. She knew it herself, why did they like to rub it on her face?

She and Jimin went to the same school in Busan. The first time Jaerin met Jimin, she knew he would be bullied for the whole three years by the popular group of people. She was one of them, unfortunately. She didn't bully him. She was never into bullying in the first place. Until now, she still regrets the times when she only stood still and watched Jimin got bullied by her group of popular 'friends' just because of his weird spectacles and chubby cheeks. She found them really cute then for a 13-year-old boy. I mean, puberty hasn't really hit you at that age, right?

It was stupid of her to think that she would have no friends if she helped Jimin or befriended him. She has always had trouble making friends since she was in elementary school. So, having these many friends really blinded Jaerin that time. In the end, for the whole three years, she just watched him with her pitiful eyes.

And Jimin hated those eyes the most.

Jimin always looked at her with hatred in his eyes just like how he was looking at her now. Jaerin only swallowed hard and pretended to focus on the view from the window. He indeed is the same class as me.

The girls in her class started squealing quietly as two boys entered the class. Jimin took a seat two horizontal rows from her as that was the only seat available. Well, aside from beside Jaerin. His best friend, Taehyung, smirked when he saw Jaerin sitting near Jimin.

"Isn't this a reunion?" He teased Jimin. The latter only grunted in response. "You're finally in the same class as her after 2 years," Taehyung continued to tease.

"I dont think I ever looked forward to being in the same class as her," Jimin replied and smacked his friend's head. Taehyung wailed like a baby—he's crazy like that— and rubbed his head.

"Damn man, why a

Please log in to read the full chapter