The Parks and Others

THE CURSED BRIDE

*Please go back to the last  chapter. It's a double update*

***The quest for mysteries  begins now... 

 

 

"What do you want to know more, Lady? I thought you've heard everything." Mandu asks in a hesitant voice.

"Tell me everything from the beginning! And I am not talking about the parts Miko asked you to reveal." Yerin states her in a stern voice but softens up when she sees the younger girl to gulp.

"Listen Mandu, I know you really respect and care about us. And that's why I'm asking you to tell me what you've known for years. The rest of the staff members stay aloof on purpose.As if they want to speak out but they are scared. I know they are scared of Miko and Butler Min. It feels like they are keeping an eye of me all the freaking time! They appear whenever I am trying to have any conversation with them! So, please help me out. They won't come here. I feel that the things are not as it looks here. I promise Miko won't get a hint of anything." She assures.

Mandu sits a little straight,"You are right, Lady. Mrs. Miko did forbid me. To be honest I am not sure if I actually know everything."

Yerin presses her hand," Please go on."

That night, Yerin learns some more informations about the Parks. 

 

 

 

Chanyeol's mother died when he was a toddler of 15 months. His parents had a great relationship and his father tried to brought him up with the qualities of his deceased mother. She was a marvellous lady! Mandu's mother was her handmaid. Everything was fine until Chanyeol's 8th birthday when his halmoni got ill for the first time. It became very difficult for the former Master Park to take care of his son, sick mother, the household and his vast business. So after his associates' persuations, he reluctantly agreed to remarry.

He married a young widow. Along with whom came her younger brother and her son who was of Chanyeol's age. Uncle Kim and Do Kyungsoo. Chanyeol, being the kind and understanding, accepted his new stepfamily. The lady was nice to him. To such an extent that she gradually began to compare the two boys and favoured Chanyeol more.

Kyungsoo was always completely opposite to Chanyeol's nature. Always upto something bad and awful. His mother tried her best to mend his ways but failed.

They lived together uneventfully for 2 years until that fateful day. Kyungsoo, out of jealousy, broke all the wax dolls made by Chanyeol's mom. He was scolded badly by his mother and was locked in his room. Chanyeol didn't react much just to save his brother though Mr. Park was heart-broken. So out of remorse, The Lady planned to go out on a dinner. Just the three of them. They went out and met such disastrous endings.

The trauma was too much for Chanyeol to handle. Mr. Park had willed Uncle Kim to be the next of kin to the young boys and temporary caretaker of his business. As much as Mandu knows, Chanyeol will become the head of the companies and properties, and his wife, as in Yerin, has some role in that.

 

 

"I'm sorry I don't know the details of the property and stuffs."

"Oh no. Obviously you are not supposed to. Please continue."

 

 

 

Halmoni was still there and tried to brought them up. Due to Chanyeol's mental situation, he was home schooled and was doing a great job. Kyungsoo got even more spoiled and acquired all the bad habits. He began to spend money as water from the deposits his stepfather and his own father had fixed for him. He and The old Lady Park used to argue every day but he never listened. This went for years until one day she died due to heart attack. It happened 3 years ago and Chanyeol was all alone.

He always has only one friend, Byun Baekhyun. He is a bit senior to him and  the son of Mr. Park's most trusted employee. He used to visit and would always fight with Kyungsoo for his misdeeds.

Then came Inhee as the nanny of Chanyeol. An orphan who never even had a surname. She was employed to take care of him. She has always been a gem of a person and loves Chanyeol as her own little brother. 

She could not escape that older man's lecherous eyes. Uncle Kim had always been known for his flamboyant and playboy ways. He persued her! He also made some uncomfortable advances towards her but she could not do much due to being powerless and alone.

By that time, Baekhyun had already joined the company and visited sometimes. He met Inhee and fell for her. He understood she was not safe here and no one could help her. He proposed. They had to run away and did not even inform Chanyeol in fear that Uncle Kim might get the news. 

When they came back, Chanyeol was mad but not for long.

Uncle Kim cannot do or say much because it "should be none of his business" but he has been giving Baekhyun a hard time at work. He has even tried to get him fired but failed. He has no reason to do so. Baekhyun is also Mr. Park's foster son. Besides he cannot risk the accusations by Inhee of ual harrasment, if her husband is harmed.

The Byuns may not come everyday to meet Chanyeol but they regularly try to keep contact.

 

 

 

Yerin feels disgusted to know about Uncle Kim. She, from the first day, did not like him much. But this is disgusting. She can relate to her unnie even more now. Their situation was the same. They took the same route to escape. And they have been lucky to make the right decision. Baek oppa loves unnie very much.

Does my Yeol love her too?

"Thank you so much Mandu." Yerin says." But I will need some more help."

"Yes, Lady. Tell me."

"I've not yet met your mother. I would like to meet her soon."