The Unveil

Antidote
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Oh my God, Your Highness!”

 

Krystal’s personal attendant scrambled into the room and instantly locked the door when she saw that the princess was lying flat on the floor, panting heavily as she tried to reach for the spilled pills that were scattered onto the floor.

 

“No, Your Highness; I brought more.” The girl pulled out more painkillers from her small pouch and a small thermos flask from it as well. Slowly, she pulled the princess to lean against her shoulders as she opened up two pills for her highness to consume.

 

“Give me… one more…” Krystal panted, her lips were blue and face as pale as a blank sheet. “Two won’t make an impact anymore”

 

Nodding, the girl opened up one more pill and handed all three to the princess for her to swallow; together with the forsythia tea she brought in. Krystal slowly downed the drink and sighed in relief when she felt the affect kicking in rapidly.

 

“Thank you, Wendy.” The princess expressed her gratitude to her attendant before turning her head to her bed. “Can you help me up to my bed please, and tell my family I’m not well today because of… migraine.”

 

Wendy sighed wistfully but complied to the princess’ wishes. She wasn’t in any place to tell any member of the court, or any soul in particular, that Krystal too was suffering from letalis. It was unfortunate that the princess was amongst those who had to face real time and physical pain because of the epidemic. She could admit that at this moment, Luhan was far luckier than Krystal.

 

At least he didn’t have to feel any sort of pain.

 

“Aren’t you… going to tell them about—”

 

“I told you Wendy, my father’s worried enough about Luhan.” Krystal snapped, instantly regretting when the pounding in her head worsened. “Besides, the impact and signs on me as compared to Luhan, are different. Mine’s far more burdensome to be concerned about.”

 

Wendy didn’t utter a single word but the look in her eyes were enough to tell Krystal what she held in her heart. Krystal rolled her eyes in response and turned her back towards Wendy. She didn’t want to seem weak but at the same time, she was immensely appreciative that at least someone knew and cared for other than Kai.

 

Ah…

 

She scoffed inwardly, she doubted Kai still would care for her though.

 

When she finally heard footsteps moving away from her bed to the door, Krystal knew that Wendy was going to leave and yet again, she would be left alone in her room.

 

“Don’t forget to get me foundation.” Krystal reminded before Wendy could close the door behind her. “Get the well pigmented ones, they cover them up well.”

 

 

 

~”~

 

 

 

Kai flipped the books in the library regarding the petals from the forsythia flowers, wondering if there were anything that was able to treat the disease in the meantime while Baekhyun was still seeking for supplies in China. His eyes were scanning each page, but nothing went into his mind. He kept thinking about the look on Victoria and Shixun’s face the day before; when they were talking about the mission.

 

There was this, look that the both of them gave to each other.

 

“Then, what about your—”

 

“Ugh, what about her what?” Kai had the thought held and stored in his mind ever since he left the house. Shixun was definitely hiding something from him, and he bet it had something to do with the antidote perhaps. If not the antidote, maybe about letalis itself?

 

He shook his head and narrowed his eyes, whatever it was, he needed to go back to see Victoria; without Shixun’s knowledge.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

Kai his lips in nervousness when Victoria finally settled down after placing the tea on the table. He found it weird that the latter wasn’t surprised to see him dropping by, but instead she welcomed him in without questions.

 

“So, Kai,” the woman started after Kai swallowed his first sip of the strawberry tea. “What brings you here?”

 

The man gave an awkward smile and put his cup down, clasping his hands as he tried to think of the many reasons why he was here. Heck— he thought, knowing that he might as well cut to the chase to avoid wasting more time.

 

“I wanted to ask, if you might… know anything about the antidote.”

 

Victoria let out a hearty chortle, swatting her hand across her face as if knowing that Kai was going to ask such a question.

 

“Boy did you dive straight to the point,” she continued to giggle and shook her head. “Much like how you always were when you were younger.”

 

Kai’s eyebrows furrowed in confusion, he never remembered seeing Victoria all his life before.

 

“You’re the gardener’s son, aren’t you.” Victoria continued, not letting Kai intervene; she doubted he would be able to anyway at this point. “I’ve seen you several times before when my mother and I visited my uncle Kris in the palace.”

 

Kai’s eyes finally lit up, now realising why Victoria’s face seemed a tad bit familiar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter