Chapter 49

One year of Taemin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We didn’t have to go back to Japan until the end of March, so we all had our own projects to work on until then.  A few weeks later I had to change my hair again, to shoot the video for my upcoming solo single. 

It was shot in private and mostly shot against a green screen, so it was no necessary to go outside anywhere. 

Sarah had come back from America with Exo a few days before and so Jen was not going to come with me for the shoot.  I also had photoshoots and things, so I would be pretty busy that day anyway. 

I planned to go and see Jen the next day, and as usual I let myself into the apartment. 

Jen was in the living room with Sarah, both drinking coffee.  I got myself a cup and joined them. 

‘How was America with the boys?’ I asked her.

‘Amazing!’ she said grinning. 

I grinned back knowingly. ‘And how is Soo?’ I asked playfully. 

She got embarrassed as she answered.  ‘He’s fine.’ She didn’t elaborate, so I started to laugh.  Jen joined in.  Even Sarah began to laugh too. 

‘Ok ok, so he’s ok.  I don’t know what this is, but it’s just cool to be with them.’

‘Uhuh’ said Jen sarcastically.

I gave her a look and smirked at Sarah.  ‘So, you guys haven’t . . .?’ I asked.

Sarah went very red and embarrassed.  She didn’t need to speak. 

‘OH MY GOD!’ I Exclaimed, jumping up and almost spilling my coffee. 

‘Sarah! You didn’t!’ Jen asked.

Sarah got up fully embarrassed and said, ‘Uh I’m going out, I can’t deal with telling you guys anything.’

I laughed with Jen as she left the apartment. 

‘So next week’ Jen started.  I looked up at her, unaware there were any plans going on next week.

‘What about next week?’ I asked her. 

‘You know Exo are going to be in Jakarta, they asked Sarah to go, and me, and I thought well, since I haven’t seen my sisters-in-law since I left, I would meet up with them there.’

I was taken aback, I hadn’t realised that Exo had asked Jen to go with them as well.  I expected Sarah maybe to go, and I knew there was only two people who would have asked Jen to tag along.  No wonder Jongin didn’t tell me anything, he probably didn’t know.

She looked at me with apprehension.  ‘If you’re not comfortable with me going with them, it’s ok’ she said quietly. 

‘No of course it’s ok.  You want to see your sisters-in-law, they’re still family I get it.’ I lied.  I strained a smile back at her, but she was still looking at me suspiciously. 

‘I’ll only be gone two days, um, Chanyeol managed to get them both tickets to come to the show too, so I’ll meet them, go to the show like a regular fan, not backstage, and then spend the next day with them and come back.’

I nodded not feeling very good about the whole situation but knowing I was the biggest if I stopped her from going. I thought to myself, of course Chanyeol got her sisters the tickets, anything to get her to go with them. 

I rocked back and forth on my feet and nodded again ‘It’s only two days right.’ I smiled.

‘Are you sure you’re ok?’ She crawled down on the floor next to me looking deep into my eyes.

‘Yeah, I’m fine.  Are you hungry now?’ I asked changing the subject. 

 

The next week I wasn’t particularly in a good mood waiting for her to go with Exo to Indonesia.  They had arranged a hotel room for Jen to stay in, in the same hotel as them, but she was staying with her two sisters-in-law, Sarah was staying in Kyungsoo’s room having admitted they have been something of a couple.  Sarah was going with them, Jen was going on a later flight so she would meet her sisters in the airport and they would all go to the hotel together, then then next night they would go to the concert together. 

Jinki was staying with me in the dorms and he knew I was upset about the situation.  He kept telling me to be calm and not to worry. 

The night before they left Jongin came to visit me in my room.

‘You’re not cool with her coming are you?’ He asked me seeing straight through me. 

I huffed not real

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter