Chapter 28 Flashback.

One year of Taemin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The concert finished and Chanyeol was hungry.  He had arranged to leave in one of the first cars so as to get back to the hotel quickly.  He wanted to tell Jen how he felt without anyone around and for some reason he decided tonight was the right time.  Whether or not it was the right time was yet to be seen.  He knew she was with Taemin, he also knew she loved Taemin but he couldn’t help that he had feelings for her.  Since he met her she had intrigued him.  There was no doubt she was beautiful, but she was also kind, and the time they spent together while she was painstakingly helping him improve his English made him realize just how sweet she was.  As they spent more time together they found they had a very similar personality.  He laughed with her like he didn’t laugh with anyone else, and he found himself wanting to make her laugh more and more. 

He found Jen and motioned for them to go and grab the car so they could get going.  Unexpectedly Baekhyun, Xuimin, and Junmyeon all jumped in, claiming their hunger was the reason.  They filled into Baekhyuns room he shared with Xuimin and ordered so much food.  Jen was comfortable with all the boys here, having had one on one sessions in English with them.  She felt closest to Chanyeol and Baekhyun but she had a soft spot for Junmyeon since he was so sweet and Xuimn despite his shyness around her.

Chanyeol knew that she had told Taemin and the rest of Shinee were she was going so he knew she had the time to spend with them.  Unfortunately, the rest of the guys following them wasn’t part of his plan, so he had to come up with a new plan and quick.

They had put on a movie to try and help them relax while eating their way through all the food, but it was hard to concentrate as Baekhyun continually impersonated the people on the screen making the room explode with laughter. 

Chanyeol, who was unusually quiet sat in the corner of the bed next to Jen plotting.  She leaned over to him and asked him what was wrong why was he so quiet.  He told her he was just tired.  He then put his plan into action.

‘I have something for you in my room.  I got it yesterday when I went for a walk with Kyungsoo and Jongin, do you want to come down and get it once we’ve finished eating?’

She smiled at him warmly, totally innocent to his plan. ‘Sure, I’ll get it on my way back to my room.  What is it?’ her eyes lit up like a kid on Christmas.

Chanyeol chuckled to himself.  ‘Come on Chany, what did you get me?’ she .

‘Yah, where’s the mystery? You’ll find out soon.’ He ruffled her hair across her face, the only way he could really touch her. She grinned widely at him through the messiness causing him to grin back, and his heart ached.  As he turned his head away from her he caught Baekhyuns eye.  Baekhyun had his eye on Chanyeol for a while now.  He knew he was playing with fire.  Baekhyun was quick to notice things, usually, he teased his fellow members when he noticed this sort of thing, but he decided to keep quiet with Chanyeol.  He had not failed to notice Chanyeol running off to see Taemin’s girlfriend whenever he could.  He didn’t fail to notice how Chanyeol brought her to the studio with him and gave the excuse she was learning to play the piano from him.  He didn’t fail to notice that Chanyeol was constantly on his phone and waiting for her to reply to him. 

He hadn’t said anything to Chanyeol, although several times he thought he should.  He was fond of Jen, he thought she was sweet and funny, but he didn’t see her being in love with Chanyeol.  He saw how she spoke about Taemin, he witnessed her eyes lit up whenever Taemin walked into the room.  He was sure Chanyeol was going to get himself into trouble, and worse get his heart broken.  But he stayed out of it.

‘Yah Jen, when is your sister coming here’ Baekhyun asked her teasingly.

‘For the seventh hundred-time Baek, I don’t know yet.’ She whined at him.  He asked her this question every single time he saw her, he thought it was funny and he wanted someone new to meet.  Plus, he knew her sister had a big crush on Kyungsoo and he just wanted to wind Soo up about it.

‘Leave her alone,’ Xuimin threw sushi at his head.

‘Yeah, it’s getting boring hearing you ask that again’ said Junmyeon, but then he turned to Jen and asked, ‘But seriously, you need to get her over soon, she sounds fun.’ He winked.

‘Burgh, Jun please don’t do that.’ She cried at him. 

Junmyeon had a soft spot for Jen.  It’s true he wouldn’t have looked at her twice on the street if he didn’t know her, but she made him feel relaxed, and the more he looked the more he thought she was attractive.  He, however, was very aware of Taemin’s presence and decided not to get too close to her even as a friend.  There were several times he had warned Chanyeol over his relationship with their friend’s girlfriend.  He warned him not to get too close, and think about Taemin.  He warned him if he did have more than friendly feelings to keep them to himself and hide them away.  Chanyeol always refused to admit he had more than friendly feelings for her and it was all completely innocent.  He did not heed the advice to not get too close though.

‘Anyway Baek, she probably won’t speak to you. You’re second on her list.’ She grinned at him causin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter