Chapter 26

One year of Taemin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kibum and Amber didn’t stay late.  Once they left it was Jonghyun, Jen and myself left in the dorm too full from all the food. 

‘I’m going to lay down, I’m in pain.’ Jonghyun moaned making his way to his room.

I was on the sofa half sitting half laid down with Jen in a similar position with her head resting on my chest.

‘What are you seeing Chanyeol again for tomorrow?’ I asked her, trying to be nonchalant, but missing completely.  She saw right through me. 

She frowned at me. ‘Is there a problem?’ she asked.

‘No, I’m just curious why.  You didn’t tell me he was coming as soon as I left earlier today.’ I countered but it came out a little more aggressive than I meant.

‘That’s because I didn’t expect him as soon as you left.’ She responded just as quick.  ‘He said he was going to come over, but he didn’t say when.  I don’t even know how he knew we were back.’ She shrugged her shoulders and went back to playing with her phone.

‘Hmm,’ I whined at her.

She rolled her eyes at me from over the top of the phone.  ‘Taemin, do you have a problem with me being friends with him?’

‘No.’ I said a little too quickly.

She raised an eyebrow at me. ‘I’m friends with Key and Jonghyun and Minho and Jinki, but you don’t complain when I see them.  I like Chanyeol.  He’s funny and I can talk to him more easily than others.’

‘It’s not the same,’ I started, then realised what she had said ‘Yah, when have you seen them without me?’ I asked confused.

‘Ah!’ she hit a pillow at my head. ‘Taemin, sometimes you’re not here, they come looking for you, or they just want to talk, hang out a little.  Sometimes they want to speak English but they’re embarrassed to say anything.  What’s the problem? Huh? I’m not having with any of them,’ Her voice was still playful but I could tell she was more than a little irritated with the conversation.

‘I know that Jagi,’ I moaned throwing my head backwards.  The conversation wasn’t going how I planned.  I felt bad she thought I was accusing her of doing something like cheat.  That hadn’t been my intention.

‘Hey!’ she poked me in the chest making me look back down at her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter