Part 1

The Final Crescendo

 

10 years ago

“Daddy ! Take me with you.” you said extending your arms towards him wanting to be carried. 

“(Y/n) not today honey, I have an important meeting.” He saw the frown on my face “ How about next week? and we’ll even get ice cream.” He put his fingers on the corner of your lips and pushed them up turning the frown upside down. 

 You gave him the large toothy grin you had been holding in.  

7 years ago 

“Dad, why are we moving ? I like our house” you pouted 

“Baby girl, I’m a boss now and I need to be as close to the office as possible in case of an emergency. Don’t worry ! it means you can come visit daddy more often.” He flashed the same tired smile, he’s been giving you for the past few months. 

After he became CEO of SMtown. 

3 years ago

You heard the faint sounds of someone singing echo through the empty hallway, while you were taking your usual stroll waiting for father to finish his meeting. Unintentionally you followed the trail, your heart beating louder as you got closer to the source, you placed your hand on the doorknob, however the singing stopped and so did your heart for a second there, the door flung opened. Standing before you was a boy no older than yourself in a hoodie that reached his mid thighs, fluffy black hair and crescent eyes as he gave you a smile. 

“I’m Baekhyun, nice to meet you. “ He said reaching his hand out for a handshake “I’m new here” he added. 

“I’m (y/n).” you felt butterflies in your stomach. 

2 years ago 

“(y/n) I’m going to debut next year !! Can you believ-” he started coughing “believe it?” 

“Yea…that’s great Baek!” Trying to sound as genuinely happy as I possible could for the sake of not hurting your best friend’s feelings. “Are you alright ?” concerned of the seriousness of the cough. 

“I’m fine (y/n), why aren’t you excited ? it’s only been a year and I’m going to debut that’s like insane! ” He could read you like an open book and you hated it. 

“I am excited!” You tried convincing yourself, but you knew this just meant less time to spend with Baekhyun who’ll be so busy and broken from the amount of work and pressure there is, you saw this with many idols during your time in SM (basically your whole pre-adult years) 

He pursed his lips into a thin line, then continued by running his fingers through his now champaign pink hair. You couldn’t take your eyes off him, well you never were able to, honestly. He looked drained already and it hurt you that you had to see him that way, maybe you should have a word to your father about Baekhyun, maybe not. 

“Let’s go for some food (y/n).” He fingers wrapped around your wrist, you could see the small mole on his thumb, it made your heart flutter, goosebumps forming on your forearm. He was your kryptonite, his touch drove you crazy, your name rolling off his tongue made your knees weak, you didn’t want to admit it, you suppressed your feelings since the first day he opened that door. 

You had already fallen in love with Byun Baekhyun. 

“(y/n)?” Baekhyun snapped his finger infront of your face until you came back to reality. “Ah sorry let’s go Baek!” you apologised for your sudden trance, but like a broken record the word ‘love’ repeated in your head and you sighed as you realised there were no brakes on this ‘feelings train’ . 

1.5 years ago

You two had decided to have a Hunger Games marathon at Baekhyun’s house, because the boy had apparently never heard of the trilogy before, outrageous! 

You sat at one end of the couch while he sat at the other, the bowl of popcorn acting as a barrier between you two. You were grateful at how distracted he was, allowing you to steal glances of his through the corner of your eye, and how he was unphased when your hands had bumped when reaching for the popcorn, while you felt the blush creep up your cheeks. 

They had managed to watch the first part of the movie in silence since you didn’t want to spoil anything for baekhyun, however it reached the scene were ‘Katniss had kissed Peeta in the cave, while they were both hiding and treating Peeta’s wounds’ and somewhere deep within you, without even thinking, your conscious deciding to momentarily abandon you, 

“I like you.” you blurted out softly. 

You shut your eyes so hard, that your face was so scrunched up, praying that Baekhyun had not heard your unplanned confession. There was no sound from the other side of the couch, therefore you gather every ounce of courage you had left and decided to peak at Baekhyun.

Wrong move. 

His dark orbs were staring at you in disbelief, his mouth slightly hung open. “You like me ?” He asked still in shock and you nodded sheepishly avoiding eye contact with him. You were met with another silence. 

“Do you like me in a friend way-” Baekhyun had spoke again. 

“Please just forget about it Baek, pretend I didn’t say anything okay? Your my best friend and that’s enough for-” Before you could finish your sentence, you felt a pair of soft lips pressing against yours, “or like this?” Baekhyun finishing the question you had previously interrupted. 

Your brain was shutting off, it couldn’t quite comprehend what had happened, until it happened again. Those lips somehow ended up against yours again, releasing those feelings you had tried so hard to keep deep within yourself. 

Screw it, it’s now or never. You thought to yourself.

You kissed back, tilting your head to find a better angle, deepening the kiss as your right hand s around his nape while your left hand gripping onto his sleeves. There was a loud crash, you pulled away frightened by the sound, eyeing the bowl of popcorn now spilled on the floor. 

The room was filled with the sounds of short breaths and soft panting, his lips were now plump and pink, while his shirt was almost pulled off his shoulder (your fault by the way).

“When?W-When did you feel like this towards me?” You managed to stutter the question. 

“Since the day you shook my hand.” The corners of his lips were pulled up slightly. 

“Why didn’t you say anything about it?!” Baffled by his confession. 

“I was waiting for you to say it, I didn’t want you thinking I liked you because of your connections (her father) .” He admitted, his hand scratching the back of his head. 

You felt so happy, he was the first one who had not liked you in order to abuse your connections, it’d happened so many times over the years that you’ve learned to tread lightly around love. 

You got up from your seat and stepped over the bowl, standing between Baekhyun’s stretched out legs. 

Throwing away every last drop of dignity, you sat yourself on his lap, wrapping your arm around his broad shoulder before leaning in, forehead touching his, for the long, passionate kiss you imagined and longed for every night before you slept, but this time you had the hardness of Baekhyun’s chest under your palm instead of your soft pillow. 

To be continued…