Sucrose

Sugar [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sucrose - common table sugar. It is a disaccharide, a molecule composed of two monosaccharides: glucose and fructose. 

 

+

 

 

DAY 153

 

 

 

Yoongi did not have time to properly confront Jisoo as the shoot had to be continued ASAP, following the director’s orders.

Apparently the decided kissing scene was not involving the actual kiss – Taehyung and Jisoo were supposed to close their eyes while getting their faces closer to each other and that was it. Phew.

Still, as other scenes were already recorded Yoongi found himself, together with the rest of the crew and BTS, watching the last cut from behind the camera. It had to be awkward but fortunately both Taehyung and Jisoo were not really bothered by that – or was that actually pretty unfortunate that they were not?

Yoongi gritted his teeth and linked his arms, the vein automatically popping on the side of his forehead.

„Jealous?” Jimin winged his eyebrows.

„Shut up” Yoongi growled, his eyes never leaving the actors. Were they having fun? Looked like it, as Taehyung and Jisoo were laughing. Laughing!

Jimin’s suggestion was not taken out of the blue as Yoongi was actually boiling with jealousy and anger and-

“Cut!” the director’s voice filled the area “Guys I know you’re both 4D but please, restrain yourself! It’s supposed to be emotional and romantic, not funny and clumsy!”

“Why not, sounds like a better idea” suddenly Taehyung grinned at the director “Maybe we should balance something on our heads as well?”

And with that he laughed again, followed by Jisoo. They were almost literally laughing their asses off, being all smiley and catching their breaths, and oh, like Taehyung suddenly said the funniest thing in the world.

Yoongi scoffed and his feet.

“And where are you going?” Namjoon blinked his eyes.

“As far away as I can, maybe I’ll make it to Japan!” Yoongi answered and waved his hand nonchalantly, honestly without any idea where to go and what to do.

One thing was certain – he was not about to watch how Jisoo was having fun with Tae-ing-hyung, no way.

 

 

 

LATER

 

 

 

“Hey, are you he-“

“I said I’m ing fine and splendid” Yoongi snapped while turning around just to see Jisoo standing in the doors. She jumped at his reaction so Yoongi automatically loosen up, his shoulders and frown dropping “Sorry, I thought it’s Jimin”

“Yeah I know…He told me to come”

“Oh, how nice” Yoongi smiled sweetly, the sarcasm practically exploding from every pore in his body “You wouldn’t have come up by yourself I see?”

He was mad, probably crossing the line, he knew it but he was not expecting her reaction to that. Jisoo simply rolled her eyes and crossed her arms what took Yoongi by surprise. This girl, really.

“Stop being an , of course I would have but after the shoot…It’s still on-going” she stated “I had to come up with some lame excuse to come here and see you now”

“Yeah, cool, here I am, so what now?” he mirrored her posture and Jisoo rolled her eyes again.

“You’re jealous”

“What’s with this word today?!” Yoongi threw his arms up “Damn straight I am! You’re here because I asked you to, then the crew comes up with the ing kissing scene idea and you’re fine with it! What more, you’re all giggly and giddy with that tall moron and- Wait, why are you grinning?”

“You like me”

Yoongi paled and blinked his eyes, additionally he started to open and close his mouth, most probably impersonating a fish.

“Wha-I…Umm…Well…Wait, what?” now he felt the blood coming to his cheeks “The hell Jisoo, stop with this wide grin!”

Jisoo was chuckling under her nose and Yoongi was truly at the dead end.

Well, honestly he thought that the fact stating that he liked her was rather obvious at this point. They already hugged, had a kind-of date, almost kissed, held hands slash pinkies and he was literally eating from her freaking hand, of course he liked her and of course she had to be aware of that.

The question was : does Jisoo like him back?

Maybe he was hoping for it but after today’s revelations his confidence simply faded.

Jisoo was the rookie visual queen, apparently as self-confident and witty as Suga was portrayed to be, maybe not yet as popular as BTS but surely on the way there, being under the wing of YG Entertainment.

Was there a place for Yoongi?

He was moody, a workaholic, definitely not a knight in shining armor type, with no looks like Jin’s or Taehyung’s, with no bright personality like Hoseok’s and just then he felt so small and anxious and it was driving him crazy. What a girl like Jisoo could probably see in him? What more - what he actually had to offer to a girl like Jisoo? Damn insecurities and passive aggression?

His head dropped.

“Of course I like you” he said, practically whispering “And I’m sorry, it’s just that-“

Yoongi never finished as Jisoo bravely stepped closer and tipped on her toes, successively whispering into his ear.

“Good” she smiled, breaking the silence “Because in case you haven’t noticed - I like you too”

And then something very strange happened because Min Yoongi, Suga and Agust D felt like the walls around all three of them fell down with a loud smash.

He grinned and enjoyed the feeling, finally getting the taste of sweetness.

 

 

 

DAY 200

 

 

 

The last few weeks were crazy – if not insane.

Apparently the video they shot with Jisoo was postponed until the ‘further notice’ thanks to the Steve Aoki’s remix of ‘Mic Drop’. And that’s when it started.

Yoongi was incredibly busy since he could remember but he never recalled being that busy. Seriously, he barely had time to brush his teeth and a decent meal was currently nothing but a mare fantasy. Interviews, photoshoots, concerts, constant schedule abroad, the Ellen Show?

Jesus.

“Can you please meet up with Jisoo so you can stop being in the grumpy mode? It’s getting tireso-“ Namjoon never finished as Yoongi jumped from his seat to dramatically cover the leader’s lips.

“Shhh…Don’t say her name out loud! The rest can’t find out!”

Namjoon just rolled his eyes but stayed quiet – at least for a moment.

The whole group was gathered in their dorm and waiting for the van to take them to the airport.

“So…What’s with you two anyway? Any progress?” Namjoon continued, seeing that no one was really around them.

“How?” Yoongi sighed “It’s impossible right now, you know that. We’re just texting…Sometimes…And when we do I feel like an idiot”

“Why?” Namjoon’s eyebrow perked “She’s not texting back or what?”

“She does, but…Ugh” the other rapper massaged his temples “I haven’t seen her in over a month thanks to what’s going on with BTS now…Don’t get me wrong, I’m thankful but also tired as so literally the only content she gets from me is how drained and mad and whiny I am. What if she will lose any kind of interest in me because, well, I present myself as a ty person I kind of am? And then I won’t be able to take it back because we will be constantly in the US or somewhere? Oh god why…The timing is not on my side…I’m blabbing, am I?”

With that Yoongi collapsed on his previous spot, covering his face and Namjoon had to fight an urge to laugh out loud.

Well, Yoongi in love was a new but truly entertaining view.

“Hyung, listen, I doubt Jisoo will lose interest in you because of your grumpy messages…I mean that’s part of your charm she has liked in the first place, right?”

Namjoon patted his shoulder and Yoongi felt a little better, thinking that maybe he is exaggerating again. But how could anyone blame him?

He was so close to probably getting together with BLACKPINK’s Kim-freaking-Jisoo and now what he was left with? Overthinking, jetlag and desperate attempts to hold this whatever-they-had via text messages because that was the only way possible.

Not to mention he was never a texter and the whole art of wooing girls was unknown to him, too.

“Hyung, you’re overthinking again”

“Right, you’re ri--“

He never finished as Hoseok’s voice called them all to the main room. Suddenly they all were gathered around a big box.

“What the hell is that?” Jin asked.

“Dunno, the door security just got it here” Hoseok shrugged and came closer to the package, poking it softly “Looks like it’s full and heavy”

“Don’t open that!” Taehyung cried theatrically from behind Jimin’s arm “What if that’s another bat crazy present for our dear maknae from sasaengs?!”

Everyone just rolled their eyes.

“The security is checking our mail twice since then hyung” Jungkook nodded and came back to the box “Hey, a card!”

Indeed, there was a card attached to the strange delivery and Namjoon took a brave step to claim it, opening the envelope and reading it out loud.

 

“Here’s some help in case sugar will run out of sugar - I’d hate to see that…xoxo, KJS”

 

Upon hearing that Yoongi got to the box within nanoseconds, opening it with one solid move. And suddenly thousands of small sugar packets fell down on the floor, practically absolutely covering his feet.

The silence and concertation filled the room but Yoongi did not care as his face broke into big grin.

This girl, really.

Just then the main doors opened and manager Choi enter the dorm.

“Guys are you read-What the hell is all that sugar?!”

 

 

 

DAY 204

 

 

 

Jisoo got a new hobby – longboarding, what resulted in few minor accidents and bruised knees to the point where BLACKPINK’s photoshoot for Elle was postponed.

“I hate that you’re hurt but I love the free day” Jennie smiled from behind the said board the girls decided to decorate with stickers “Thanks unnie”

“Always” Jisoo laughed, not really believing her clumsiness striking once again.

“Too bad you didn’t run over sajangnim” Lisa pouted “You know…For the delay”

“You pure satan…” Chaeyoung rolled her eyes and then got up upon hearing the doorbell “I’ll get it!”

After few moments she was back with a box in her hands.

“What is it?” Jennie’s eyebrow perked and the other vocalist just shook her head.

“DHL…From the States?” Chaeyoung read the receipt “Addressed to Jisoo”

The trio looked at Jisoo questionably but she just smi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter