Fructose

Sugar [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fructose -  a sugar found naturally in many fruits and vegetables, and added to various beverages such as soda and fruit-flavored drinks.

However, it is very different from other sugars because it has a different metabolic pathway and is not the preferred energy source for muscles or the brain.

 

+

 

DAY 3

 


Yoongi should have known better than this, really. What was he getting himself into? He could not afford that, no way.

He knew very well what was going on with him - he was becoming interested. Even better - he was becoming interested in BLACKPINK's Kim Jisoo.

The realization hit him just recently - firstly he began recalling her face, then her voice, then even the fabric of that damn dress he brushed by chance but when he found himself remembering her scent somehow he got genuinely scared. How did that happen? And was that not a little creepy?

Yoongi's conversation, or rather argument, with Jisoo took maybe two minutes and for the last few days that was all he could think about.

Then he became pretty giddy, constantly dropping things, colliding with walls and forgetting lines to his own songs.

The worst part was that he really needed to focus now and somehow put her out from his head. BTS was supposed to perform in few minutes at the University Festival in Seoul and the whole band was currently waiting at the backstage with many other artists and the whole production crew. Events like that were always a mess and this one was not different. He really needed to concentrate.

But that challenging fire in her eyes...God.

Yoongi dropped his head and sighed deeply, trying to think of any calming Buddhist chant or something. Just then he felt a presence on his right side. Afterwards there was a subtle brush against his thigh.

He stiffened and looked up, seeing Kim Jisoo near him.

"Oops, I'm so not sorry" she quickly said in that husky voice of hers "Sugar"

Then she quickly ran after her members but not before winking and grinning widely at him.

Yoongi looked after her until she disappeared from the backstage area with YG staff.

He let the massive grin escape his lips as well and then Min 'Suga' Yoongi carried probably the best performance in his entire career.

 


DAY 4

 


Namjoon crossed his arms, sighing loudly.

"Ok, talk"

Yoongi said nothing but reached for paper towels after spilling about 15th coffee in the past few days.

"Dude, I'm serious" the leader continued "Are you sick? Need to see a doctor?"

"No, I feel fine" he lied "Seriously"

That earned him a glare and Yoongi knew he was doomed. Seriously, will he ever learn that tricking Namjoon was simply pointless?

"I don't know what's up but it's nothing worth a doctor" he stated "I'm just distracted, that's all"

"And why is that?"

Namjoon was sincere and worried. The fellow rapper was incredibly clumsy lately and it was not the case of spilling drinks - almost everything was dropping from his hands, he got that weird blank expression and barely paid attention to anything, constantly dazing off. Three days ago he had problems with remembering the choreo and two days ago he could not hit a single tone, his trademark growl-rap somehow gone for some time. Still, yesterday he performed flawlessly during the University Festival, like he had at least five cans of Redbull all of the sudden.

Just when the leader was about to speak Jin entered the kitchen.

"Jeez, again?" he commented while looking at Yoongi still cleaning the remaining smudges "Here, I'll make you another coffee. You clearly need some energy, so I'll add lots of sugar-"

"No!" suddenly Yoongi snapped for the first time since last Inkigayo recordings, making the other two look at him and then themselves questionably. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes "Just...Just don't use that word"

Now Namjoon and Jin frowned.

"Which word? Sugar? Well, we can start using saccharose if that's the source of what's up your as-"

Again today Namjoon got interrupted as Taehyung came casually to the kitchen, going straight to the fridge and whistling BLACKPINK's 'Whistle' under his nose. The trio went silent for some reason and Yoongi took a series of deep breaths this time, observing the vocalist's back with widened eyes and suddenly red face.

"I. Can't. ing. Believe. This" he said to himself and then raised his voice before storming off to his room "Stop whistling!"

Then Taehyung stood still and looked after him before turning to Namjoon and Jin, but they seemed to be as shocked as him.

"What the hell was that?" he asked, but the answer was nowhere to be found.

 


Yoongi collapsed on his bed groaning loudly.

 


Of course he knew why he was disturbed but really, how come he could just confess that?

BLACKPINK's Kim-freaking-Jisoo held some almighty power over him, that was certain and mind-blowing.

He did not see her – he felt ty.

He saw her – he felt infinite.

Just how?!

Jisoo was way different than other girls he knew, especially idols. She was not afraid of him, hell, she was even being sassy and a bit cocky, constantly challenging him with her nicknames, witty remarks and never ending teasing. She was far from bowing, oppa-ing, acting clueless or lost but she also clearly knew where and how to stop, allowing to take control from time to time and not being embarrassed about it. He liked that balance a little too much.

The most bothering part was that he did not know how to handle that - how he was supposed to reach out to her? Their busy and different schedules, companies, YG artists being overly protected and super closed towards everyone but themselves, Jisoo being the damn beauty queen with the army of fanboys, Jesus, that was overwhelming. The logistics were not on his side, period.

Yoongi vs the world or not one thing was certain – he was on his best way to fall madly in love with her.

Well, .

 


DAY 22

 


Yoongi calmed down a bit.

For the last 3 weeks he did not see Jisoo even for a second, like her face was suddenly absent from the internet, magazines and generally whole world.

He was back on his track – busy and focused and absolutely over her.

Currently, on his way to the studio for a new photoshoot, he was occupied with his notebook and the lyrics for the upcoming mixtape he was working on. When they arrived on the location they were greeted by a nervous staff member – probably an assistant of the photographer.

“I am so sorry!” the employee said and bowed to one of the Bangtan's managers who stood in the front “But you need to wait for a bit! We have other group still working on the final shot...”

“No worries, we'll get some tea in the meantime” Namjoon said with a smile from behind the manager's back, causing the assistant to nearly faint from gratitude.

Seriously, a little delay never killed nobody.

“Oh, thank you!” he continued “I will bring you teas right away! Once again, I am truly sorry, but this hot new girl-group is here and the photographer loved them so-”

Something made Yoongi's ears suddenly very attentive and his intuition was practically screaming at him now.

He looked inside the studio to spot that the 'hot new girl-group' was BLACKPINK indeed.

Eyes betrayed him as they found the way to her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter