Insulin

Sugar [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Insulin - "sugar-burner", a hormone made by the pancreas that allows a body to use sugars from carbohydrates for energy or to store glucose for future use.

Insulin helps keeps the blood sugar level from getting too high (hyperglycemia) or too low (hypoglycemia).

 

+

 

 

DAY 148


 


 

Apparently Jimin did not say a word about the happenings at the Inkigayo backstage – at least for now.

Yoongi knew he was doomed anyway as the dancer kept on smirking at him from behind linked fingers, like some sick villain he was at the moment.

What a nonsense.

“Guys, focus!” Mrs. Lee, one of BigHit's creatives, clapped her hands. She was a very substantial figure, always getting to the point and never willing to waste more time than necessary (and bless her for that, Yoongi thought) “I know you're tired of practicing, but you need to know the concept we have for an upcoming video”

True, none of them was actually paying attention to the meeting whatsoever, finding their phones, pens, ceiling and dozing off because of a certain 4D rookie visual queen more interesting.

“So, as I was saying, we need a girl lead for the video but this time, instead of hiring our trainee we will go for someone famous already!”

Yoongi felt his ears perking automatically.

“Do you know whom Mrs. Lee?” Namjoon asked, being probably the only member focused from the very start.

“We've been thinking about some other idol-”

“How about Kim Jisoo?”

The room went silent as everyone looked at Jimin and his sudden question with the mixture of interest, shock and brilliancy. Well, almost everyone, since Yoongi paled and felt a clog forming inside his throat.

“Wha-” he never asked, being drowned by the rest.

“HOLY YES GOD IS REAL!” Taehyung jumped from his seat.

“We'll make 'em whistle like a missile!” Jungkook joined.

“Are you certain, I mean she looks like my twin? Isn't that too much for one video?” Jin enviously grimaced.

“This will give us the enormous amount of views and the unbearable hype, just imagine all the gossips and-” Hoseok stated.

“Yes, from the promotional side it makes sense” Namjoon nodded.

“BLACKPINK's Jisoo?” Mrs. Lee put a finger to her chin and then grinned widely “That's the awesome idea! We need to contact YG's staff as soon as possible with the offer!”

“We should contact Jisoo-sshi as well” Jimin pushed, getting way too relaxed on his damn chair “You know, to make sure if she's fine with that instead of being forced”

“That's true” Mrs. Kim stared at Jimin with curiosity “Do you know her personally? You two had a broadcast together yesterday...”

“Yes, but I don't know her that well” with that Jimin gazed directly at Yoongi, winging his eyebrows teasingly “But I know someone who does”

Yoongi felt like exploding but before he could they got interrupted by an office assistant entering with a package from the nearest cafe.

“Guys, special breakfast treat from the CEO, donuts with sug-”

“For 's sake!” suddenly Yoongi stood up and stormed out from the conference room, being as red as a tomato.


 


 

LATER


 


 

“Were you dating Bobby?”

“Eww, never, no way. We're like siblings, fights included” Jisoo frowned from behind her pint “Now my turn...You were a trainee years before the group debuted?”

Yoongi did not know how come he ended up here playing '21 questions' based on the information and gossips they were now browsing about each other on the internet.

Neither did he know how he got convinced by Jimin to text Winner's Song Mino earlier that day to ask for Jisoo's number. Additionally he did not know why the YG rapper was more than happy to give it to him. Later he did not know what made him dial the number right away and ask her plans for the late evening. And lastly, he did now know it was possible for her to give him exact address, hour and a quick reminder about the disguise for their upcoming meeting in the middle of the night.

They were sitting in one of the Hongdae's bars busy with the second round of beers. Jisoo recommended this place as safe and idol-friendly. How did she know? He decided to skip the question for the sake of his overthinking and growing paranoia.

“False” Yoongi finally answered and smirked “I really got scouted just 2 years before the debut. Originally they never planned to have me in the lineup”

“Whoa, impressive as hell” her eyes sparkled with admiration and then she went silent, looking around awkwardly “I know it's your turn now, but I have another...That's been actually bothering me since a while now”

Yoongi tensed by looking at her concerned face but managed to show no sign of it.

“Come on, you can ask” he assured and saw her taking a deeper breath.

“Depression?”

That caught him off guard a little.

“How-”

“Gosh, I'm so sorry!” Jisoo hid her face in palms “I'm super sorry, I just-”

“True” he crossed his arms and leaned more in his seat “But it's fine, really, don't be sorry for asking about it...I'm just surprised you know”

“Are you serious?” her eyebrow went up “You're pretty obvious about it on your mixtape”

Now he nearly spat on his beer.

“What?!” Yoongi cried in a high-pitched voice, still trying to recover from the small choke “You listened to my mixtape?”

Jisoo nodded.

“Really?”

She nodded again.

“Why?”

“I googled you many times before, not just today”

He coughed on the drink again.

“What?!”

“What?”

Was she teasing him?

“Sugar, are you ok?” Jisoo got up from her seat to sit right beside Yoongi, patting his back “Are you sure you can handle alcohol well?”

Beer? Yes. Her being so freaking close? Not that much.

Yoongi stopped in his tracks realizing that he could easily count the amount of her eyelashes or the barely visible freckles on the bridge of her nose.

And then she looked up to meet his eyes so then Yoongi knew.

He was doomed, trapped, speechless, mindless, empty, full, everything and nothing and oh, so much in love.

“You are red, Sugar” Jisoo practically whispered, her breath softly tickling his upper lip and chin “Are you sure you're ok?”

No, he was not ok since his skull, chest and every limb were about to explode. All he could do was blinking. Really? Oh for God's sake, he was Min Yoongi and Suga and Agust D, sitting very closely to the girl who was able to, somehow, turn him into a cinnamon roll and seriously, that was all he could do?

No.

“I'm pretty great, you see” he gathered all the force within himself to form a smirk and lean even closer to her “Having beers in such a lovely company”

For a nanosecond he could swear she smirked back, that challenging fire flashing back in her giant orbs.

“Oh really?” Jisoo, very softly and almost invisibly, bit her lip.

.

“Stop that” Yoongi did not know how come his voice became so raspy all of the sudden, his vision focused on nothing but her subtle movements “Really, stop that or-”

“Or what?”

“Or I'm not responsible for any further action”

They were literally inches apart and Yoongi could hardly hold it. All he wanted to do was to bury his hands in her hair and close the space between them completely, kissing her like there was no tomorrow. He would also pick her by the waist and sat her on the table, before smashing the remaining glasses off it and then biting on her pale neck and- wait, was he even sane?

Probably not.

But did he actually care?

Yoongi smirked again and leaned down, feeling their lips brushing lightly before another voice interrupted them.

“Any glasses to collect?”

Yoongi and Jisoo jumped away from each other and looked at the clueless waiter knowingly. The poor guy suddenly stopped smiling upon seeing Yoongi's glare and gulped.

“I'll come back later”

He ran away to the back of the bar and Yoongi felt like punching something. Such a perfect plan and moment ruined! He took a deep breath and reached for his beer, taking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter