Memory 6 : Heaven and Hell...

I Need Memory...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

RAVI'S POV :

Flashback ~
Gangwon Province, 2007.

I could barely feel my own skin as I kept pulling the hem of the sweater to cover my exposed fingers. The winter wind of the mountain was way too crueler than I expected and I was freezing out in the cold by myself. Slowly, I began to resent myself for taking off on my own in a fit of rage. I should have grabbed a thicker winter coat at least.

"Gwenchana... Kim Wonshik. Your anger is justifiable. I mean, who on earth would visit mountains in this freezing winter? Appa's sense of vacation is seriously awful... When I become famous and start making money, I should send him on a proper vacation... Ah... Cold! Cold!"

I kept walking ahead without a proper direction in that freezing winter when I heard the frosty wind carry her faint voice from afar. Recognizing the song immediately, I rushed to the source of it and shortly, I found myself at the foot of that giant mountain range. In front of the hollow road which I believed might lead to the mountain top, there was a girl.

She was dressed up in all white except for her black boots as she sat on that snow covered bench unaffected by the frost with her legs dangling happily. She continued singing without even noticing my presence and she definitely wasn't bothered by the cold either. And the serenity of her voice was too dreamy and delicate, as it felt completely otherworldly.

"Take all, even the good memories
Because without you, it'll only be a burden for me
It'll only increase my yearning if I keep opening them
It stops my footsteps on the road back

Memory resembles love and I'll keep looking back
Because you're still there and that's why it must hurt
At least once, maybe at least once, in case you will look at me

I wait again today..."

"You've got a seriously serene voice there."

I finally spoke through my shivering lips as the girl instantly stopped singing and whipped in my direction. Her already big eyes, widened more in shock as a slight shade of red highlighted her pale skin beautifully. Frankly, I am the type of person who does not believe in things that I can't rationalize, such as afterlife or even the existence of heaven and hell. However, the divine beauty and heavenly voice of the girl standing before me, proved all my theories wrong and for the first time, I felt happy about it.

If heaven did really exist, then she was definitely an angel.

"Sorry to interrupt but who are you waiting for on a cold day like this, anyway?" I strolled towards her as she simply stood there staring at my face while I waited for her to speak or at least sing something again. After a long pause, she finally spoke.

"It wasn't meant for anyone actually. I was simply singing the lines that popped in my head." She began to grab her stuffs as she answered, preparing to leave already. A sudden urge to make her stay for a while or longer surfaced in my heart as I went after her like a lost puppy.

"You're leaving already? Let me come with you. It's not safe for a girl to wander in these winter woods alone." I offered in the most casual manner but she saw the motive right through me as she smiled a little.

"That's very nice of you but I'm too used to these winter woods because I live up in the mountain's temple and I'm not afraid of going alone either." She folded her fingers one by one as she stopped to think before finally realizing. "But then... I've never seen you around before. Who... are you?" She asked in the most calming tone ever as I politely greeted her like I was taught, at an instant.

"Annyeong haseyo. I'm Kim Wonshik-imnida and I'm very happy to meet you." She began to laugh at my sudden politeness as I felt my heartbeat race wildly at the addictive sound of it.

"Are you sure that you are really happy? Even in this numbing cold?" She giggled once again before bowing back politely.

"Anyways, my name is Choi Mira and I believe you have lost your way in the woods. If you tell me where you were staying, I can bring you there myself. Now, hurry up before you get frostbites, Kim Wonshik-shi."

★★★

I wiped away the never ending stream of teardrops with the back of my hand for who knows how many times now. I slowly lost count of it as my heart kept weeping out all the bottled memories from five long years at once. On the night of that tragedy, I remember making a wish under the bloodshot stormy sky, to see her one more time. Since then, that has been my only prayer and having her stand before my eyes like that again, shattered all my beliefs in a blink. If she had really descended from heaven to grant my only wish, then I felt rather content to throw myself in the fiery flames of hell as the price for it.

But... What if it isn't her at all?

What if Kang Gia wasn't my Mira?
What if this was all another nightmare?
What if I'm stuck in my own fantasy of wanting her back?

Overwhelming despair choked my soul as I felt helpless once again. Recomposing my scattered senses, I slowly rose to my feet. It felt as though my burnt and black heaven has now seen a spark of light. My love that grew from the sadness of Mira's lost felt stronger in Gia's presence. If I wanted answers for my questions, I'll have to be brave enough to withstand the fatal pain of whatever fate that's awaiting me. With that optimism, I headed back to where I initially ran from. 

As soon as I stepped closer to the waiting lounge, the sound of her heavenly voice reached me right away. Although it shook all the strength that was left in me, I still braced myself to enter that room. At once, everyone in the room looked in my direction as an awkward silence spread in the atmosphere. Ignoring all the nervousness and fear that was throbbing in me, I walked towards where she was with the rest of my VIXX members.

"Yah! Kim Wonshik! Where the hell did you go?" Hongbin instantly reached for me in concern.

"Oh... I just stepped out a little to get some air... Sorry if I worried all of you. Hyung...", all three of them glanced in unison upon my call, and I smiled unknowingly before saying, "...Mian-haeyo!"

"Mian? MIAN? Did you really think saying sorry will suffice?" Our ever so cute Jyani hyung stood up as he raised his voice in annoyance at me, causing the room to fall into a tensed silence again. Looking at how I'd angered even the loveliest one in the group, made me feel really guilty and that's when I began regretting. I opened my mouth to apologize one more time, but his anger overtook me again.

"Yah! Answer me! If saying sorry would suffice... Then, why do we have law and police?" He finished his favorite line from his Musical 'Boys Over Flowers' in his cutest accent while laughing adorably like he always did and hugged me immediately. The awkward silence broke and everyone began laughing at his addictive adorableness.

"Ah! Jyani hyung... I thought you were really mad at me!" I whined, trying to break out of his embrace but he held me tighter and giggled. Among all the laughs that filled the room at the moment, my heart heard hers the loudest. I held onto Jyani hyung in attempt of covering my lack of confidence as I finally went to stand before her.

"I'm sorry about just now, Kang Gia-shi. Let me introduce myself properly. Annyeong haseyo, I'm VIXX's rapper Ravi-imnida and I'm glad to meet you."

I spoke, half worried of giving away the shakiness of my voice but luckily, Hyuk and Jyani hyung decided to rescue me obliviously. They began imitating me right away like usual, and for the first time since debut, I felt grateful about it. She smiled nervously as I found myself trying harder to stay unswayed by the beauty of it.

"It's okay, Ravi-shi. I hope we could get along well." Her captivating gaze pierced straight into my eyes as she spoke and I couldn't help but wonder her reason behind doing so.

"That's quite hard actually, noona. You see, Ravi hyung is the next hardest member to get through after Leo hyung. Our LR unit is rather boring than the rest of us, to be honest." Hyuk stated casually while Taekwoon hyung gave him a death glare to which our maknae simply grinned like the devil he was.

"Well... I think I've already gotten through Taekwoon oppa though. Have I not, oppa?" Hearing her address him oppa shocked me a little, but my smart brain immediately recalled Hyuk calling her noona and Hongbin's informality with her, and that eased my tension a little. Taekwoon hyung nodded at her smilingly while she turned towards me with a proud grin.

"Since, I've already gotten through the hardest one, second hardest shouldn't be a problem. Don't you think so too, Ravi-shi?"

She was looking at me expectantly while I felt dumbstruck by her boldness. It reminded me of the courage I saw in the beautiful eyes of that dreamy girl in the snowy mountain ten years ago. As though reading my wavering thoughts, N hyung stepped in, in order to help me with my hopeless conversation skills.

"Well... I think you don't have much of a choice, Gia-yah. Our Wonshikie is the best composer and producer you can ever find, and he'll be the one you'll need to work mostly with for your thesis. So, Wonshik-ah... make sure to guide Gia properly. She must get full score for her thesis. Algesseo?" He touched my shoulder slightly, as I nodded at him in response.

"Joh-a, geuleom! What about you two have a little start while we're still free because it will be crazily hectic once the concerts begin?" He suggested out of the blue, causing the rest of them to sigh at our leader hyung's weird timing.

"Ah, this weird hyung! There is still time for her to start... Why must you... Ouch!" N hyung began neck slicing Hongbin repeatedly when he began to complain out of habit and that made

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter