Memory 11 : Because That is Love...

I Need Memory...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

RAVI'S POV:

"OH MY GOD! OPPA! You were amazing out there! All of you were!" She was jumping up and down as she cooed eagerly.

"Ah, noona! Then what about me?" Our maknae expressed disappointment at the lack of attention he received as she rushed to his side and patted his taller shoulder with her widest grin.

"Uli Sanghyukkie! Of course, you did absolutely well too. Awesome job everyone!"

The members greeted her one by one as they walked past her to their own spots until I was the only one left behind. Her starry eyes sparkled the moment they met mine and I couldn't hide the stupid grin that surfaced on my face right then. She ran towards me with her most breathtaking smile while my feet froze in stun by the bewitching beauty of it. The moment her arms reached out and wrapped around my neck, I forgot every single conflict that was clumped in my catastrophic head.

My brain stopped working.
My eyes stopped blinking.
My heart stopped beating.

The only thought that filled my heart and head at that moment was her alone.

Mira...

I breathed in her ever so intoxicating fragrance and embraced her back with all my will. The longing image of her was smeared all over me as I closed my eyes to imprint the long awaited moment with my whole existence. However, the realization of our bond's bitter reality crept into my head and my grip lost strength without my consent but she noticed it right away. I felt her detaching herself from me as I could picture her concerned face searching mine for an explanation but I can't see her. And I can't even touch her. Though I know it would cause more damage to my sanity than self, I was still preparing for what's yet to happen sooner or later.

"Won-ah... Gwenchana? Is something wrong?" Her soft touch brushed against my skin as it sent harmless jolts down my nerves. After all these years, she still had such conquer over me and I was selfishly loving every bit of it. I opened my eyes to find her exquisite ones whelming with tears of concern and all my senses alarmed at once.

"Mira-yah... don't cry now, please. I'm fine, I really am." I grabbed her wrists tenderly while she had her head hung low in silence. Pulling her vulnerable figure closer, I hugged her with all my heart and soul as her tiny arms wrapped around my torso loosely.

"Mian-hae..." I whispered into her hair.

"For what?" She asked in a low voice after a few seconds. Breaking the embrace, I held her delicate hands in mine and took in her calm face for a while as she stood still.

"I was just... a little overwhelmed. Ever since debut, I have always imagined this very moment in my head over a million times. To have you waiting for me like this... And when I saw you running towards me laughing like that just now, I swear my heart fell right out of my chest. But..." I swallowed the lump in my throat and managed to smile through the pain that was gnawing me on the inside.

"But what, Won-ah?" Her elegant eyes examined mine.

"It was too breathtaking for me to take in and that broke my heart a little. Mian-hae, Mira-yah..."

I fought back the urge to cry and smiled at her from the depth of my despaired heart. Her concerned eyes calmed down a little as she caressed my face with so much care. And I found myself leaning in to her touch with eyes closed as I covered her delicate hand with mine. Rising on her toes, she reached up a little to level our heights and shortly, I felt the lushness of her lips gently grazing over my cheeks.

"Gwenchana, Won-ah... I'm here now..." She whispered softly.

"OH MY GOD! What did I just see? Wonshik hyung, jebal!" Hyukkie broke the intense intimacy of our moment with his impeccable timing as he yelled dramatically while cringing. His fingers were all curled and he seemed seriously horrified.

"Ah wae, Sanghyuk-ah! They look so lovely..." Hakyeon hyung was gazing at us with his contented motherly smile while the youngest only cringed more.

"Exactly. They're being too lovely. Don't you think you should take this to somewhere private, hyung? Because these are all still too new for me to accept." The boy exclaimed while the rest of them simply laughed at his adorable outburst.

"Yah, Han Sanghyuk! You're just jealous." I stated proudly while pulling Mira closer and the boy practically sighed out loud, throwing his hands in the air.

"Yah, dang-yeonhaji! And that's exactly why you both need your time alone from the crowd. Weren't you planning on taking Gia (Mira) out tonight, Wonshik-ah?" Hongbin casually threw the topic in like we planned earlier and it evidently caught her attention. Her serene eyes were sparkling in excitements but somehow, she managed to stand still without giving the elation away.

"Mwo? You're both going out tonight as well? Now, I am jealous..." Jyani hyung began pouting adorably. Taekwoon hyung who was seated beside him was instantly awed by his adorableness, as he crushed him in a bear hug right away. But before I could proceed to comfort our cutest member, N hyung clasped his hands loudly as he got up at once.

"Joh-ah! Then you both go have your date and the rest of us will hangout after dinner. Good job today, yaedeul-ah! Now let's go! Our Starlights must be waiting!" Our leader hyung began to pull the members one by one as he prompted us to vacate the waiting room instantly and we followed him without another word.

"Won-ah, jamkkanman... Where are we going again?" The girl was obviously losing her patience as she insisted me to answer her right away. Just like she did for the last two dates.

"That, my dear, is a secret. Itta-bwa!" I placed a quick kiss on her cheek and hurried out before she could hold me back any longer.

As I got farther from the waiting room, my steps automatically slowed down and habitually came to a halt. I stole a brief glance at her from afar and all I could feel was my heart breaking in guilt. She was hopping around in joy, oblivion about what's next. She was dancing in the calm before the catastrophic storm. In my eyes, she seemed like a flower petal that was waiting to fall. She seemed like the moon, waiting for the sun to set. Even though it was suffocating to even think about the end of us, I was still sane enough to see past my selfishness and realize that the more I try to hold on, the more I will lose her.

So, I am going to cherish every single moment I have left with her before our end approaches because that is for her best, because that... is my love for her.

★★★ 

MIRA'S POV:

"Loving you is like having a beautiful wound
I look at your pretty smile also
But I cannot laugh with you
I'm thinking about you so much everyday
My heart is hurting in all these sad days

'I want to see you' is playing on my lips
Alone once again, crying for you
Alone once again, missing for you
Baby, I love you, I'm waiting for you"

I hummed along with the popular chorus of that evergreen K-pop hit song of all time as I put on a little makeup. Won's playlist of my favorite songs from back then has been playing on shuffle for a while now and I found myself singing along with most of it involuntarily. It felt as though my heart managed to remember the lyrics that my brain couldn't. Just like how I knew it was him even when I had no solid memory of us, let alone my own name. I recognized his voice and even his eyes with nothing but my instincts because that is love.

That is when I realized something. Even when you've gone blind and lost your way, your heart will always find its way back to that one person whose arms you call home, because that is love.

"Bye bye, never say goodbye
Even though I cannot hold you like this
I need you, I cannot say anything more,
I want you, I keep on hoping too, I'll keep hoping....

I really want to see the day
I'm withstanding the pain each day
"I love you" is playing on my lips..."

"Honja dasi ddo crying for you (Alone once again, crying for you)..." I stopped to ponder over the lyrics as that particular line caught my attention. And a million thoughts began scampering through my brain in no time.

Just then, a familiar fragrance and a pair of firm arms embraced me from behind as his warm breath tingled the nape of my neck.

"Who are you crying for?" He whispered huskily, burying his chin on my shoulders and a silent tear left my eyes.

"Wae? What can you do if I name the person?" I glanced at our reflection on the mirror and the gorgeous man flashed a devilish grin as I waited for another one of his whimsical responses.

"Geuga neol ullin mankeun naega da ullyeojulge (The tears he made you cry, I'll cry them for you)..." He buried his face in my hair as he sang the intense line in a playful tone. However, its meaning marred my heart as I replied in a serious tone, staggering him in the process.

"Aniya! Don't cry for me, Won-ah! Don't ever cry for me! I was... Just... It was the lyrics... They reminded me of you..." I spoke my mind slowly as his grip tightened around my waist.

"Me? Wae...?" He murmured softly as I took a deep breath and turned around to meet his eyes. However, they were covered by one of his caps as usual and this one had SAVAGE sewed like the king he is on the front of it.

"I was too happy to have found you again that I forgot how hard it must have been for you all this while. I didn't remember us but you... you did. You've always did. You've had these memories of us for all these years and I can't even imagine the pain you must have suffered in my absence. I'm sorry, Won-ah... I'm really sorry I didn't come any sooner... I shouldn't have stalled..."

I felt my breathing pick up pace erratically and my hands were shaking with cold sweats. It took me a minute before I recognized the upcoming panic attack and that only made me worst. The next moment, I was pulled into a deadlock hug and once again, his intoxicating scent engulfed me tranquilly from every side, like the chilly sea breeze on a hot summer day. He was gently my hair in complete silence and slowly, I felt my breathing return to its normal pace.

At the same time, I also managed to recall how this wasn't the first, or the second time, where he had saved me from panic attacks. He stood still holding me in his protective embrace like that, until the song ended. Silence settled in the air for a while before he placed a soft peck on my forehead and gently lifted my chin up to meet his ardent gaze.

"It wasn't your fault, Mira-yah. Even when I knew that I won't be in your days or in your memories either... I could only look at you. I could only think of you because that's how much you mean to me, because that is my love for you. I am sorry I didn't try harder Mira-yah, I was..."

He began to apologize for what was not his fault in the first place like he'd been doing all this while. As I was well aware of his next choice of words, I chose to steal them from him instead. Tugging the drawstring of his hoodie lower, I reached up and kissed his quivering lips with care. Though it took him a solid moment to respond, he still kissed me back like his whole life depended on it. Right then, I wished for all of his pain and guilt from our past to vanish like the long shed teardrops.

Now that I was here with him, I wanted the moment to reassure him that this time, I'm not leaving him ever again.

Like habit, my hands worked their way up his body and found their place around his neck while his wrapped territorially around my waist. Drawing in closer, I buried my fingers in his velvety hair and pulled slightly as he murmured a mild moan amidst the kiss. His fingers gently ran up and down my spine, coaxing shivers out of me while both of us leaned in to deepen the kiss at the same time. And the taste of that intimacy felt worth all the tormenting yearning that we suffered before.

I opened my eyes for a brief moment when we broke the kiss to breathe and his seraphic eyes met mine momentarily. However, I failed to read the faint emotion that was whelming in his ethereal orbs and that bothered me badly. As though reading my mind, one side of his perfect lips parted as he presented a sappy smile. Caressing my face dearly, he leaned in and pressed his lips over mine again but this time, there was a different emotion. One I wasn't familiar with and before I could recognize it, he drew back.

"Gaja, Mira-yah... We have to get away before this night comes to an end."

★ 

Just like the previous two nights following the fan meets at KL (Malaysia) and Jakarta (Indonesia) I was kept in dark with only questions left about his secret date plans. However, this time my eyes were blindfolded and I was thoughtlessly following his lead to wherever this surprise he said was. Since we were at the last stop of his fan meeting tour, he went a little overboard with it, I guessed.

"Are we there yet? We have climbed like ten flights of stairs already..." I whined while attempting to peek beneath the blindfold but he caught me right away.

"Yah, hajima! We only climbed three flights and there weren't even more than four steps in each, you drama queen. It is just a little further, so stay calm and don't peek Choi Mira!" He knocked my head slightly and covered my eyes with his hands as well while we walked in silence. And honestly, it was kind of making me anxious.

"It's too dark and quiet... I'm actually a little scared, Won-ah..." I whispered underneath my breath and he stopped at once. Shortly, I felt my body being pulled from behind as my back crashed against his firm chest and his warm breath was caressing the back of my neck in no time.

"Don't be scared, Mira-yah. Just listen to my voice... I'll protect you... Arasseo?" I nodded slowly and we began to advance forward in a slower pace as his ever so addictive voice caught my breath effortlessly for the millionth time. He was humming a familiar melody but my brain was too busy swaying to the seraphic sound of his subterranean vocal chords, as I failed to recognize the s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter