Chapter 4b - Fluff

Stop Comparing Us

(because why not, I love Running Man and I love the nametag elimination game. Plus, the thought of trying to wrestle Hyunmin and Euiwoong makes for very interesting relationship building.)

 

With all of you spread out across the park, the game begins. You stand back and watch the action at first to avoid getting attacked by three boys at once. Eric keeps to his word to not target you initially and teams up with Hyunmin to eliminate Haknyeon, the tallest boy (but not by much), first. “Aww man, you guys planned this, didn’t you?!” Haknyeon whines after his nametag is the first to get ripped off, plopping himself on the grass with a pout.

 

              You decide now is the time to step into action, but at that moment, Hyunmin runs towards you, pressing his hands against yours. “Dude, Euiwoong was right, you’re crazy strong!” was all you could muster in response as you attempt to wrestle Hyunmin away from you. But it’s no use, as Hyunmin manages to pin you to the ground. Your legs wrapped around his torso in defense, you prepare yourself for the worst…

 

              And then a RIIIIIP. You wonder whether you’ve been eliminated, but Eric stands behind Hyunmin, holding up his nametag.

 

              “Dude, thanks for saving me there!” you gasp. Then you look up at Hyunmin, who pats your back in good sportsmanship. He looks pleasantly shocked that a girl like you was able to tussle with him like that. “Good fight there, Hyunmin.”

 

              But then it hits you. It’s only you and Eric left in this game. You’ll have to fight each other. “So… this means it’s just us two now, right?”

 

              “No prob. You did pretty good there. But I’m really sorry about this. Only one of us can win.” Eric apologizes before offering to pull you up, only to lunge his arm around your back with a mischievous grin on his face. Ohh boy. You do the same, unintentionally tripping Eric in the process, and the two of you collapse on the grass together. 

 

              After a long, fun struggle, you feel Eric’s nametag in your hand. At the same time, he’s got his hand on your back, ready to rip off your nametag. Both of you swipe your hands in a ripping motion…

 

             

              You and Eric, both with each other’s nametags in your hands, need a moment to lie down and recover from all that action. Breathing heavily, Eric smiles at the sky, not having enough energy to turn to look at you. “Are you all right there, (Y/N)?”

 

              You’re heaving as well. You’ve gotta admit, the two of you were very evenly matched there. “I’m fine. That was really fun, by the way. Sorry for knocking you to the ground. I got a little carried away.” Both of you giggle. “So we got each other at the same time, huh?”

 

              “Nahh, I’ll let you win that one. I’m pretty sure you got me first.”

 

              “Ohh, okay. Thanks.” You decide to stand up and hug Eric tightly. “I’ll never forget this.”

 

 

              “Whoo! I’m so hot after that.” Eric remarks, sweat dripping all over his face. In a swift motion, he lifts his arms and takes his shirt off, revealing a set of six-pack abs. Naturally, you reel backwards with surprise. Who knew your friend had such a good body? You don’t dare think anything else, because Eric is too young for you, and besides, you strictly consider him as a friend only. Haknyeon is thinking the same thing, because he exclaims, rolling his eyes, “Ho ho, if it isn’t our hot friend Euiwoong and his hot abs.”

 

              “Oh shut up, Haknyeon,” Eric jokes.

 

 

              “It’s getting pretty late,” Hyunmin comments as the sun begins to set. “I’m gonna head off now.”

 

              “(Y/N) and I will probably head off soon too,” Eric explains. “But before we go, you guys wanna take a selfie to commemorate this day?” All of you agree to it, and Eric sets up his selfie stick.

 

              “Hana, deul, set…” The four of you grin ear to ear as the phone camera clicks.