Chapter 4a - It's All Fun and Games

Stop Comparing Us

“Hey, I’m going to stay in the Yuehua dorms in a few days, so we should have fun together while we still can. Wanna follow me to the park while our moms are out shopping?” Eric asks you one hot day.

 

              “Sounds good! But maybe I should let my mom know first. She got a bit mad that I didn’t tell her we were playing Pokémon Go that day at COEX.” You remember the scolding that your mom gave you for being forgetful and fear that it will happen again while you’re still staying with Eric.

 

              “All right, you can give her a call and then we’ll head off, okay?”

 

 

              After the plan has been approved by your mom, you and Eric hop onto the nearest bus to Incheon Grand Park. On the bus, you notice a few girls behind you squeal at the sight of Eric. “So this is what it feels like to be somewhat famous, huh?” you comment, to which Eric sighs happily.

 

              “Oh yeah, I forgot to mention this to you,” Eric tells you as you walk to the park, “but I invited two of my friends to join me. They were on Produce 101 as well, and both of them are your age I believe?” Ooh, more famous boys! You were excited to meet them, and hoped they would be nice to you.

 

              The two of you walk towards a picnic mat, where two other boys are sitting, nibbling on sandwiches. The first boy has permed reddish hair, while the other boy has unruly black hair. Both of them instantly remove their sunglasses as soon as they notice you.

 

              “This is Hyunmin,” Eric points at the black-haired boy, “and this is Haknyeon,” he then refers to the reddish-haired boy. “Haknyeon-hyung, Hyunmin-ie hyung, this is (Y/N). She’s your age.”

 

              Hyunmin looks tough at first, but his face softens when he shakes your hand. “Wow, you’re pretty,” he comments. You laugh at the thought that Eric’s friends are already trying to hit on you, so you just thank him awkwardly.

 

              “I have an idea!” Haknyeon shouts with glee. “Let’s play the nametag elimination game. You know, from Running Man?” You had watched a few episodes of Running Man, so you had some idea about what Haknyeon was talking about.

 

              “That sounds like fun!” you say. “But, how am I gonna compete against all you boys? You're probably all faster than me, and don’t we have to, like, wrestle each other?”

 

              “Don’t worry about it,” Eric reassures you with a chuckle. “I’m not that strong. The one you want to watch out for is Hyunmin. He does Tae Kwon Do.” In the distance, Hyunmin is already practicing his spinning kicks. Eh, he can’t be that scary, right?  After all, he seemed nice when you met him, surely he’d hold back a bit against you.