...

Quit You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

This is a one-shot thing we got goin’ on here.

It’s nobody’s business but ours.

- Ennis Del Mar; Jack Twist

 

 

The other Nams and Jackson know nothing about how uncomfortable Minho is as they are invited (and forced) to dinner by the family. Jackson, defending that he’s beyond starving, agreed with delight in his eyes, without asking Minho of anything.

If Minho wanted, he could excuse himself with a sudden meeting or work call or anything along those lines. But a bigger part of him wanted to stay and look at Taehyun as he fidgets uncomfortably as Minho gazes at him.  

Every now and then, Taehyun would have the courage to look up and meet Minho’s eyes, but he will look away just as fast.

Is he guilty? Minho wonders. He is troubled by the fact that instead of him being mad at Taehyun for suddenly disappearing, he is now actually elated at Taehyun suddenly being here, in front of him again.

 “Taehyun, pass Mr. Song the bowl of rice.”

Minho smiles sheepishly at Mrs. Nam. “Minho is all right, auntie.”

Mrs. Nam visibly blushes. Minho wonders if calling her auntie so casually is okay, and her smiling wider proves it is.

An arm crosses Minho’s view and he watches as Taehyun slowly reaches for the bowl to give it to him. Midair,         Minho meets Taehyun’s hands and he places his own over them, taking the bowl as he pulls away, but his touch lingering.

Taehyun finally meets Minho’s eyes as he shots them up without thought. This time, he did not look away.

Years may pass but the electricity between them is as fresh as it was four years ago.

 

 

When dinner ended and Minho is about to leave as well, Mrs. Nam invites them to have a light drink to celebrate. Minho refused, saying it’s bad to drink if they are to drive (and it’s bad for his heart if he is to stay within meters from Taehyun). But of course, Jackson assured Minho that it wouldn’t be a problem since he already called Jaebum and he will drive them home safely.

So Minho was forced (yet again) to stay.

This time though, Minho actually wants to stay.

He finds himself waiting for the others on the complex rooftop, with the idea of catching some fresh air from the thumping of his heart.

T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter