...

Quit You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"I'm gonna tell you this one time, Jack in' Twist, an' I ain't foolin'. What I don't know - all them things that I don't know - could get you killed if I come to know them. I ain't jokin'."

-    Ennis Del Mar

 

 

“I hope we have good artists to watch today.” 

“Potentials, potentials, potentials.”

Minho laughed at the exchange between the JYP representatives he’s going to share the rest of the day with. “I hope so too.” He adds to their conversation and smiles at them. “Song Minho, YG Entertainment.”

The two men waiting on the grand table stands up and returns Minho’s smile. The one on the left, with champagne-colored hair extends his hand and shakes Minho’s. “Wang Jackson, JYP.” He then gestures to his side. “This here is my secretary, Mr. Im.”

The other man nods at Minho and adjusts his glasses. “Im Jaebum.”

Minho nods back, “Nice meeting you both.”

Jackson’s claps his hands together, mumbling about what a great day it would be as he grins at Minho right after. Minho finds this amusing and asks the reason behind the smirk, “You’re one of the newest heirs in the industry too.” Jackson replies, referring to himself as well. “It’s our first year, and the world will know of us some months from now. You nervous or something?”

“You can say that,” Minho answers honestly, taking his seat. “But I try not to think about it.” He jokes, hoping it will ease the troubled feeling that never subsided inside him. He knows just how much pressure everyone is putting him under. And that he should use that pressure to push him forward. He promised his uncle to keep the company as well as he can, and he’s not about to throw all that away. He tries not to sigh so obviously so he keeps his eyes forward on the big white screen in front of them. Thinking too much about it never actually helps. “So how many applicants do we have now?”

“Around 150 maybe.” Jackson shows everyone a certain type of remote, “These are videos so we can skip through the ones we don’t like. Right, JB?”

Jaebum hums in agreement and hands both men folders filled with necessary lists regarding the applicants. He then briefs them about necessary notes and other related agendas, and that’s when their evaluation starts.

 

A few minutes before they are to leave the office for lunch, they start a video with a Korean male singing a cover of a foreign song. 

“He’s good.” Jackson comments as he plays with the cap of his water bottle.

“He is,” Minho affirms, noticing the man’s almost perfect English accent and the timbre of his voice.

He then opens the folder and marks the applicant’s information.

 

 

*
They are visiting the houses of the applicants that passed their judgments. Jackson convinced the management team that in order to assess the soon-to-be-tr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter