Chapter Two: Not Suprised

Hunters

I've been a bounty hunter after the council decided for me to start my Night Activities, those who are appointed to the field are students that are on the job training before we graduate and finally take on real jobs. 

 

 

The first of my friends to go out the field was Hoseok, on my family was Namjoon, and then me. 

 

 

Back at Bighit academy there are things I would usually find difficult to understand, I find occurrences that are peculiar and often see it as something humans might find interesting, scary or just down right wierd. 

 

 

Usually it was back in the academy library every night time study hours I took, most are on my way walking around the combat field feeling strange whenever I felt eyes watching me practice my shooting and knife work. 

 

 

Of all three years back at the said academy, I've seen things that are hair raising, things that only I find and only to me. 

 

 

Which makes me wonder if I may be cursed, I thought I only seen strange things there only but how damn well I am wrong. 

 

 

The stranger, sitting inside my kitchen, bullet shot in his head with no sign of blood gushing on his face is now clearly pissed at me for pulling the trigger. His not dead and just neglect the laws of physics, oh . 

 

 

" How? " 

 

 

" Did you just try to shot me?! How dare you--"

 

 

" I shot you! why are you still alive?! " 

 

 

"Mortals, what a pain in the , every ing one of them " the bullet was surely in his head until he open his hand and suddenly it was rested in his palm. The bullet hole was nowhere on his forehead, no hole, no scar not even a sign of anything. It was somewhere between eleven am to one o'clock pm, I haven't eaten anything since last night, I must be dreaming, this must be some kind of weird dream. 

 

 

I took a step towards him, pressed a single finger on his arm and felt him cold. He looks at me weirdly as I pinch my own arm and felt the pain. I blink my eyes, look at him gaping and found his smug smile back on his lips

 

 

So it's not a dream. 

 

 

" You just shot me with a silver bullet, you know that only works on mortals and vampires? " he stands from his seat, grabs the angry kettle, shut the stove off and went back on his seat and poured the hot water on the styro-cup and closed the plastic lid. Waiting for the noodles to be ready. 

 

 

" okay so your not human and not a vampire, great info, so what are you then? " I had my fair share of weird encounters back in the academy before and he doesn't look dangerous, my head is saying he wouldn't kill me, his shorter than me too. Even Goliath was defeated by a kid with only a stone, don't let your guard down. Seokjin, I should really stop visiting Hoseok, I could still hear his voice even now. 

 

 

" A Demon " He smirks and waited for my reaction but all I did was give a long sigh, letting out a groan, maybe I should even bang my head on the nearest wall to show him how i find this interesting.

" Great. Just great, I already got two rough housing maniacs, a cousin who destroy what he touches, his boyfriend who screams like a banshee, a person that acts like a demon and now an actual demon! " I massage my temples and sat across the table, the demon in front of me surprised on my actions. 

 

 

" What I didn't get your name " I asked

 

 

" It's Suga " he replied, blinking at me and look a bit bewildered, he shook his head and looks at me with a resting face. 

 

 

" alright Suga, I need you to leave since I'm gonna head out and hunt some criminal that I should have been tracking down an hour ago and now Namjoon is gonna throw my on his hunter dogs that I think are wolfs. I don't know why I'm explaining this to you, it's probably because I hadn't eaten anything since last night and you are gonna eat my last source of food---"

 

 

He looks at me with a brow raised and pushed the cup noodles in front of me before leaning back on the chair. 

 

 

" I'm a demon Seokjin, I don't eat low life's meal " 

 

 

" you just drank my beer " I said in a matter of fact tone. " does demons drinks our cheap low life mortals beer then--wait how did you know my name? "

 

 

My eyes widen, I swear I didn't gave out my name, does he read minds too? 

 

 

" Good stuff, the only sht I'll ever take from you mortals. " he leans back in, his face suddenly near me. 

 

 

I open the plastic lid from the fasten chopsticks and started to eat, Suga was busy looking around the kitchen, his eyes cautiously roaming on every corner of the room and his pale hands rested inside the pocket of his jacket. After eating my brunch and throwing the cup on the trash, I walked towards my bathroom before turning around and realizing the demon has been following me. 

 

 

" Hey, didn't I said you need to leave? "

 

 

" to be honest with you hun, even if you tell me to leave I think I'm gonna be stuck with you for a long time judging that I'm summoned here " 

 

 

" Alright alright, just go away, I'm gonna take a shower " he looks at me mischievously, I swear I saw his eyes flashes red and returning back to normal.

 

 

" Babe, demons don't really need permission to welcome themselves in "

 

 

This is bad, I wasn't informed demons have pheromones or is that cologne I smell coming from him. His grumpy, swears a lot, hates mortals and generally handsome at the same time, eyes that looks like it seen your soul, lips that looks kissable and body that fit perfectly in his black jacket, figure showing visibly, do I see six packs? 

 

 

" Do you want me to kick you out myself or are you going to walk your demon out of here? " he gave me one last amused smirk before turning his his heels and walked out of the bedroom. 

 

 

" alright, call me if you feel lonely " and he disappears out of my sight, i was about to throw my vase at his head when he said that.

 

 

I took a quick shower after securely locking the bedroom and bathroom door, dressed up casually and head out of the room and out of the apartment with Suga.

 

 

I thought he was gonna go walk to the other side of the the driveway and hopefully disappear but the Suga's footsteps are loud enough to hear as it follows behind me.

 

 

" Why are you following me?! " I glared at him, it was cold outside but his clothes are thin yet he looks unbothered by the november cold. 

 

 

Suga look at me unamused and shrug

 

 

" Just tagging along? "

 

 

" What are you, a five year old kid or a demon? " he shrugs again, not really the reaction I'm looking for.

 

 

" I was summoned here Seokjin and judging on why i was summoned in your apartment, it might have to do with you, so maybe i should help you with your job cause it seems like it's also connected to-" he suddenly paused " what? " 

 

 

I gave him a side glare before opening the door, my eyes looking straight into his. His lips suddenly curve upwards, turning into a smirk.

 

 

" Your a demon, aren't you guys supposed to be all evil and bloody terrifying? Maybe also dressed in a black cloak and also have horns? And dont you guys feed on souls, im not really a fan of that, so im not sure if i trusted you a hundred percent "

 

 

" Baby even if you dont trust me, I'll be useful on any ways, so i'll confidently say that you need me "

 

 

" You know, " he starts opening his mouth as we both sat inside the vehicle and i turned th engine on " it's gonna be christmas soon, and i realized the other front doors in the building except yours have been decorated like some unicorn pooped rainbows out of them "

 

 

Suga looks at the criminal files Namjoon gave me three days ago. I was about to ask him about unicorns but he look at me with another resting face.

 

 

" and yes they are true " he said in a matter of fact tone

 

 

" do they also pop out of nowhere and drop the ' Hi, I'm not human ' bomb without a heads up? " he ignores my sarcasam and i got see him shrug.

 

 

" I dont know, we dont casually talk with their species, they tend to irritate the out of us, thank underlord they dont seem to exist here " i glances at him, trying to see his expression that turned to disgust " you guys are lucky, those s are actually crazy and pooped crayons out of the sky, who the hell even likes that? "

 

 

the files has been on his hands, the demon sitting comfortably on my side had been talking trash about unicorn and if i was to tell him the truth, I'd rather have a demon talking next to me than a horse with a horn, that would be creepy. Well, this guy beside also is.

 

 

He turns to look back at the file, pale hands flipping the pages and checking the information written in black and white, I revive the engine and hopefully the drive wont last long.

 

 

" Kris Wu, registered name in america is Kevin Wu and Mandarin name is Wu Yifan. Charges pressed againts the man-- a dude who believes his dragon that decends from the heavens, kidnapped children and men, practices black magic and multiple damaged property. Yikes, this guy is the real "

 

 

I listened and tries not to roll my eyes out its sockets.

 

 

" Don't tell me his a real dragon, " i could sense his gazed directed at me " that could be insane, maybe his just somekind of crazy sci-fi fan "

 

 

" within a year, he had burned down twenty two houses in Seoul and more than fifty in th entire nation. " he reads borely, trying to direct his point.

 

 

" he could have just burned it with gas and fire, had some people to do stuff for him." i tried to sound logical.

 

 

" babe, you just shot me straight in the head with a damn silver bullet and still you don't believe dragon exist? " his voice was slurred, deep and husky, a familiar accent that made me think he might be someone from Daegu, the way he speaks made me remember Taehyung whose from the said place and i would lie if i said i hate the way he just called me babe. Ugh

 

 

The drive took only twenty minutes, usually it would take only ten minutes to get to the office building but since christmast is just days away, traffic and busy bodies where everywhere.

 

 

I parked car and got out of the vehicle as Suga followed and walked next to me, his pale skin radiated as he walks next to me and cat like eyes gazing at the building, the demon looked like he sensed something by the way he suddenly glares in the window alarmingly on top of the Kims Bail Bond.

 

 

" This is where you work? "

 

 

" well i'm still in training, is something wrong? " i look at him worriedly, his a demon after all. His dark orbs had turned into red, and soft features now exchanged with a hard one. There weren't a lot of people around the parking lot and the streets, only vehicles passing by and police officers in patrol. He suddenly took my wrist swiftly and my first reaction was flinching on his cold hands and stepping back cautiously.

 

 

" S-Suga? " 

 

 

And suddenly there was a huge explosion coming from the top of the building, I look up and saw falling debris coming towards us accompanied by flames and smoke. I let out a shriek, Namjoons twenty story building had became fifteen or less as the top parts is heading towards us like a drop of water. 

 

 

I heard Suga clicking his tongue before enveloping me into an embrace, the next thing i knew we were suddenly on top of the building across Kim Namjoon's office, unharmed and not yet dead. Upon realizing that I'm still alive and not squished like bug, my legs gave up Suga grabs hold of my waist.

 

 

" Whats just happened? " I look at him, eyes still red yet his gazed directed below. I heard another huge explosion and looked down to the parking lot.

 

 

" My car! "

 

 

-------

 

 

Namjoon was a funny kid, younger than me by three years, his smart and charismatic about his passion of his job. My cousin isn't like any other kids, his curious, philosophical at times and easy break things via existence and for the first time in his life, he isnt the one who made something explode.

 

 

" Mr.Kim we will contact you when we finally find evidences, for now, it is not safe to enter this building " the polices had started drawing out the yellow tapes and investigating on the incident. The whole palce was full of police car and ambulance, the loud noise of sirens blared in the block causing a lot of people to gather and see what is happening.

 

 

" Seokjin hyung, " Namjoon looks at me as soon as he turns and found me outside the yellow line, he gets out of that and joined me with Suga. Namjoon didn't even bother looking at the demon beside me, as his eyes trailed worries upon seeing me, he suddenly lets out a sound of relief. " thank god, you dont know how worried i was when they told me a Honda Civic gut crushed and it burned into flames "

 

 

" I'm fine, Suga saved me " i turn to look at the demon beside me who caughts Namjoons attention and my cousin immediately bowed and shook hands with him.

 

 

" Suga huh, is that somekind of stage name or what--" the demon suddenly smirk at his direction when their hands touch for a shake and Namjoon retrieving it like he had just touched fire. I look at Namjoons bewildered expression, gaping at Suga while the demon takes his hand back and stood closer next to me.

 

 

I was about to ask him what was wrong when he suddenly threw his fist, hard, and punch the black haired demon

 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 

to be honest, i can't sleep peacefully at night knowing i have two unfinished stories and plenty of ideas for a new book that i wanted to type but I'm super tired ans just shut down, the next morning? Regret since I'll forget lmao 

Thanks for reading this chapter!!