003

House of Cards

MINAH POV

'What are you doing here...again?' I asked Jungkook as he came to the rooftop again.

'What? Can't I have lunch with a friend?'

Is he calling me... his friend? I just didn't expect it from such a popular guy like him since I can be considered the most unpopular person as I don't talk to anyone.

'Sure..?' I said as he smiled and came to sit next to me.

'Your food is good so I want to be friends with you.' He grinned and looked at my lunch, it was kimchi with rice and beef today. I couldn't help but smile myself as he looked so happy. He looked at me with puppy eyes and I pushed the lunchbox closer to him, saying he could have some.

'Don't you like the school lunch?'

'Hmmm it's alright, I have a packed lunch as well, my maid made it and it's quite good, but I prefer your food.'

'Thanks...?'

His maid made it, right he's rich so he has a maid. It must be so good to be him, he's rich, good looking, clever and popular. I wonder why he works at the club when he already has so much money. He doesn't seem like a playboy either since I stole his first kiss...

He's definitely a mysterious person.

'Here you can try some.' He said and showed me his filled lunch boxes with expensive looking food.

'Woah...'

'What?'

'That looks better than my food.'

'I'm really picky with my food, I just prefer the flavour of your food I guess.'

I felt flustered as no one had ever liked my food so much, except for Chanyeol who begs me to make him food all the time.

'Wait, what happened to your face?' He said as he saw my left cheek for the first time as I turned my head to face him. 

'Emmm...'

 

[A few hours ago]

'Yah you , get up.' Tiffany said after she pushed me down in the alley behind school. Again, I clenched my fist to prevent myself from hitting her and got up, staring at the floor.

'Useless people like you should go die now, you don't deserve to be in this world, to breathe the same air as me. You're polluting the air.' She said. I then looked up at her with a poker face, the urge to punch her was so tempting.

'What you looking at ?' She said and pushed my face. I kept staring at her.

'Go yourself.' She said and slapped me before turning around to leave. After the footsteps were gone, I noticed Yoona was still standing there, looking at me. She then kneeled down and tried to look at my face.

'You're bleeding...' She said and and tried to wipe it off but I pushed her hand away.

'Don't touch me.' I said and glared at her.

'But you're-'

' off.' I said calmly and left. She has no right to act all nice to me after she betrayed me. 

[End of flashback]

 

JUNGKOOK POV

'I just got scratched by the cat in my street...'

Why did she lie?

I saw the whole thing.

 

[A few hours ago]

'Jungkook please can you empty the bin it's already filled from earlier on in the week.' Mrs Bae said.

'Yes miss.' I said and took the bin to the back alley of the school when I heard some girl screaming. I hid behind the wall and peeked to see Tiffany slapping... Minah.

'Go yourself.' She said and walked off.

Yoona stayed behind and seemed like she was trying to help Minah but Minah pushed her hand away, i could' really hear what they were saying. I looked again and Mina's face was bleeding from a cut.

I'm assuming her ankle wasn't caused by falling down, but Tiffany as well.

Why didn't she just tell me the truth? Is she like one of them? Who just lie to me...? She must have her reasons i guess... but at least she's not trying to act fake to make me like her.

It was a white lie.

I keep telling myself.

I knew she was hurt so I took some cream with me before coming to the rooftop.

'Here.' I said and put some on her face.

'Do you always keep it in your pocket or something?' She asked and I chuckled.

'Yea.'

'Weird.'

'Coming from the person who can't use chopsticks.'

'What? It's hard.'

'Yea but everyone knows how to use them, which makes you weird.'

'I'm just special, in a bad way.' She said which made me laugh as she was quite cute.

'We're all special in different ways.'

'You're special? You're just one of those basic good at everything guys.'

I was slightly surprised by her saying that.

'True true.' I couldn't deny, she was right, I am one of those good at everything guys, 'Well I can't deny I am goo at everything.' I said jokingly in a confident way.

She laughed and hit me lightly. I looked at her and she was really pretty when she laughed, I wish I could see more of her laughing, she always has a poker face.

'There's one thing you're not good at though.' She said.

'What?'

'Flirting with girls.'

'What?! I'm really good at that!'

'Well judging by how awkward you were with girls at the club your'e quite bad at flirting.'

'Em excuse me I'm just a beginning okay not like you.'

'Oh so your'e saying I'm an expect?'

'Yep.'

'It's called acting, not flirting.' 

'Well I'm at acting not flirting then.'

'Your'e at both.'

'Yah!'

----

I ate lunch with Minah for a few days and we get on so well that I felt like we are already really good friends. Our friendship just felt... real. Except for the guys (BTS) I feel like everyone just approach me because I'm popular with girls. All the girls approach me because I'm good looking.

But Minah's just different, she's genuinely really nice and she hasn't told a lie to make herself sound good.

'You know I love your kimbaps the most.'

'I'll make them less often then.'

'Yah!' I said and chuckled.

'So this is where you've been having lunch.' Taehyung suddenly surprised us both  and making us jump.'

'Ah gumjagya!' Minah said cutely while I accidentally slapped Taehyung as he made me jump which made Minah laugh. She's so pretty when she laughs I can hardly control myself.

'Yah Kim Taehyung I nearly choked because of you.'

Oh yea Taehyung works at the club as well so they're close. I didn't know Taehyung worked at the club until I met him there on my second day.

'You know you love me.' Taehyung said and made a face. Minah then flicked his forehead.

'Serves you right.' She then chuckled.

I can suddenly feel a sense of jealousy. Do I... like her? Although we've only met each other for quite a few days I feel like our friendship is turning into something more.

'How was cleaning up on Sunday?' Taehyung asked me.

'It was horrible.'

'Why?'

'Cuz I had to clean up with Minah.'

'Yah!' She chuckled and hit me.

'Say that again and next time you'll be cleaning up on your own.'

 

MINAH POV

Jungkook had been companying me at lunch time and not gonna lie he's a really nice guy. I can't help but feel happy and safe when he's with me.

But the more I am with him, the more I feel like it's wrong since we're such different people.

He's rich, popular, and nice.

I'm nothing, ugly and worthless.

'Yah .' 

I really wasn't in the mood to deal with her.

'YAH I'm talking to you!' Tiffany said and grabbed my collar. We were by the girl's bathroom and most people were eating lunch.

'You .' She said and lifted me up but then a hand grabbed her wrist.

'Stop calling her a .' 

It was Jungkook.