The Heavy Crown Of The ‘Royal’ Family

MY SECRET MOBSTER BOYFRIEND
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The Heavy Crown Of The ‘Royal’ Family

 

 

 

 

“So… did you ask her yet?” Jungshin wanted to know from Jonghyun as they were driving back to the headquarters.

 

They had just landed an hour ago after attending to some important business matters on behalf of the Blue Dragon Gang for the past few days. Now they had a moment to relax on their way home.

 

Minhyuk had his eyes closed, probably trying to catch up on some missed out sleep and Yonghwa was typing something on his phone. The Maknae, on the other hand, was obviously bored and looking for a topic to chat about.

 

Jonghyun sighed.

 

“Nah… Our schedules always clash. When I wanted to do it last time she was suddenly called to come back to the hospital because of an emergency. Then we went to China on her next off day and as you know we only got back today. She’s busy preparing for some super awesome operation this week so she doesn’t even want me to come over later. She told me she has some time off a few days from now but I won’t be here either, because we already have another appointment in Jeju with the gang leaders of The Alliance. I dunno man… the process of even getting engaged starts to seem very tiresome to me. If our parents wouldn’t kill me I’d rather just elope and sign the damn papers somewhere.” He stated with furrowed eye brows, his eyes fixed on the hustle and bustle on the road in front of them. It was rush hour after all.

 

“You guys are so annoying. You’ve been dating for years. How can she still not be my official sister in law? Our statistical life expectancy isn’t that long, you know? Better hurry up and seal the deal so you can start a family.” Jungshin pouted at his elder brother.

 

“Why do you care so much about Sy?” Jonghyun wanted to know.

 

“Just because… I like her family.” The Maknae replied mysteriously.

 

“1.000 bucks it’s the younger one he’s interested in. Once the elder sister is married and out of the house he can toughen up his game.” Yonghwa mentioned disinterestedly without even looking up from his phone.

 

Suddenly Jonghyun stepped on the brakes, almost causing Jungshin to hit his nose on the back of the front seat.

 

“YAH!” The Maknae whined. “What was that about?!”

 

But Jonghyun just shot him a frightening stare through the rear-view mirror.

 

“Touch her sister and I make sure you suffer from your very own collection of lethal weapons. If you up my precious relationship with any of your childish games I promise you’ll never see a blink of sunlight ever again.” Jonghyun threatened, referring to Jungshin’s position in the CNBLUE Squad as the explosives and weapon specialist.

 

 

 

CN actually stood for Code Name and BLUE was a reference to the Blue Dragon Gang. The CNBLUE Squad was famous as they were a special task force known to make the impossible possible – no matter what it was. Their name was feared even amongst The Alliance, a mobster conglomerate which ruled the underground scene and, by doing so, basically the entire country as well.

 

However, only a handful of people knew the actual identities of the members. Everyone else thought that leader Jung Yonghwa, vice leader Lee Jonghyun as well as Kang Minhyuk and Lee Jungshin were simply highly ranked clan members who coordinated the important business for the Head of the Blue Dragon Gang.

 

Within their clan the boss of the Blue Dragon Gang was referred to as the Dragon Head while the official gang members were considered the Body. The acquaintances who were not officially initiated in the gang (or connected by marriage) but indirectly worked under the BDG were called the Tail.

 

“He’s been really on edge lately.” Jungshin eventually murmured half-seriously towards Yonghwa behind his hand, causually talking about Jonghyun’s patience wearing thin. “I bet he’s jealous of that surgeon Sy is always working with nowadays.”

 

“JUNGSHIN-AH!” His older brother snarled from the front seat. The Maknae was really not good at whispering at all.

 

“HYUNG” Jungshin dramatically exclaimed in return. “JUST FREAKING GET MARRIED ALREADY IF YOU’RE WORRIED!”

 

“Are you sure you’re even gonna be happier afterwards, Jonghyun-ah?” Yonghwa drawled the question he was curious about all along. “Won’t this relationship just tie you down a lot? How long will it last? You know that things will just get problematic...”

 

“Hyung, it doesn’t bother you to be tied down if you actually like the person who’s doing it. It has a different feel to it. Besides, you know Sy. She is really pretty and one day we are going to have really pretty babies, too! It’s gonna be awesome!” Jonghyun explained cornily in a disturbing sing-sang voice, causing the rest of the group to flinch at his remark from second hand embarrassment.

 

“Yah, Jonghyun-ah, get a grip, will you?! Sometimes I wonder who of you two the girl in your relationship is…” Yonghwa retorted and shook his head in disbelief. His second in command was giving him the chills. “You’re meant to display authority as the chosen representative of the Lee-family. But you sound like a totally whipped fool instead.”

 

“Wait for it, Hyung. When the right woman comes, you’ll fall hard. And then you’ll sound just as crazy as I do now.” Jonghyun lectured unfazed. The playful tone had vanished from his voice and he seemed quite certain about it.

 

Yonghwa was having serious doubts though. He strongly believed he wasn’t someone to fall for such a mundane human idiocy. Love was a dangerous emotion given their lifestyle. It almost always came hand in hand with tragedy. Therefore he aimed to stay as far away from it as possible. Besides, why should he jeopardise his uncomplicated life if he could have all the fun he wanted with one of his mistresses instead?

 

“I highly doubt it.” Yonghwa therefore said. But the vice leader didn’t want to give up just yet.

 

“Hyung, once you fall in love you’ll barely be able to notice or think about other girls. It’s not like you’ll have a rational choice. That’s why love is called a feeling after all. Your mind will literally be occupied by that one person. You’ll end up moving towards her, even if you don’t want to. It’s a very clever trick of mother nature.” Jonghyun added when he saw Yonghwa’s unimpressed face. Somehow it sounded like a friendly warning, too.

 

“OH FREAKIN HELL! JUST SHUT UP AND LET ME SLEEP, WILL YOU?! Enough with the dime novel declarations! If you must ask her to marry you just ing do it already and get it over and done with the very next time you see her. But for God’s sake, just do it quietly! If I have to hear another Dr. Love lesson again soon I’ll definitely throw up!” The ever silent Minhyuk suddenly erupted, causing everyone to first stare then chuckle at his outbreak. 

 

“Language, Minhyuk-ah. Language!” The leader of the CNBLUE Squad commented dryly. However, he didn’t manage to give his voice its usual serious tone.

 

Watching Minhyuk getting all riled up was quite an amusing sight. It wasn’t easy to give the stoic mind reader a mental break down but Jonghyun’s cheesiness was surely enough for anyone to handle.

 

Yonghwa looked out of the window. The headquarter was quickly coming to closer now. The car in front of them pulled over. So did theirs as well as the cars that were tailing them from behind.

 

Despite the usual seriousness of their lives it was always fun to hang out alone with the guys, Yonghwa thought. He was an only child by paper but he considered them as his brothers nonetheless and so did they.

 

 

♡♠♡

 

 

Instead of going to their office, Yonghwa bid the guys goodbye and went to the big boss of the Blue Dragon Gang instead.

 

“Hello father.” Yonghwa said as he entered the spacious Dragon Head’s office and greeted him with a slight bow.

Jung Yongsun looked up from the heavy mahogany table upon his son’s arrival. He nodded towards him and signed him to come closer as he sent his body guards and the secretary out so they could speak alone.

 

Yonghwa slightly raised his eye brows seeing this as it usually meant that a serious discussion w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter