The One That Got Away

MY SECRET MOBSTER BOYFRIEND
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Introducing:

Jung Yonghwa – The Dragon

Lee Jonghyun - The Chaebol

Kang Minhyuk - The Profiler

Lee Jungshin - Oppa/Mr. Explosive

 

 

The One That Got Away

 

 

 

 

Yonghwa had just finished off some business at one of their warehouses when he heard the piercing scream of a woman as he passed a close by alley, Minhyuk following right behind him.

 

It was only the two of them now. Jonghyun had big plans for tomorrow and therefore asked to go home early. Jongshin, on the other hand, had followed him to the headquarters to make a report on the meeting in the VIP area a few hours earlier.

 

Yonghwa finally found the screaming source. One look to the side showed a buff guy towering over a slim girl. Although she was held by the throat, she kept smashing something that looked like a high heel against his ugly skull.

 

Yonghwa had grown up with the mind set to never care about other people’s business. Given the life style he led, it was the only partially certain way to stay alive – or to at least reach the average age in his profession.

 

However, he had never liked violence against women. Her screams did somehow irk him the wrong way, making him stand still and watch indecisively, wondering if he should make this night an exception or not.

 

Even after the thug pulled out a knife, the girl still struggled against him, not wanting to give into her pitiful fate as she was shouting at the top of her lungs. He had to say, it was an interesting sight. Most women would have run out of strength or given up by now.

 

Yonghwa was finally able to see her face, as the guy leaned slightly sideways to avoid one of her girlish punches. Tears were running down her cheeks but her eyes showed a remarkable determination, almost as if she cared more for her integrity than about life itself.

 

It was stupid, but also impressive.

 

Now that he was paying attention, her face seemed familiar.

 

“If you are looking for an excuse, we have met this woman briefly in the club. She’s connected to Trickstar.” Minhyuk said calmly as if he could hear every single silent thought of his’. He wasn’t a man of many words but he was top of the class at observing.

 

“Contact Jonghyun and Jungshin. Someone needs to take care of the body later.” Yonghwa slowly said like it was no big deal.

 

Minhyuk nodded. “I’ll go get the car.” He stated and calmly walked off into the darkness.

 

So much for an early night, Yonghwa thought.

 

♡♠♡

 

The thug did not hear Yonghwa coming at all until it was already too late. Just before the creep could really slit the girl’s cheek he stopped the blade with his bare hand.

 

Seconds later the girl opened her eyes and stared at him, simultaneously shocked and confused. She was as pale as paper, well despite the purple marks on her delicate throat.

 

For some reason Yonghwa hated to see that.

 

He felt the warmth of his blood as it ran down his palm, shifting his attention back to where it belonged and eventually grabbed the guy by the back collar with his unharmed hand, aggressively pulling him away from his victim.

 

To cut things short, the sleaze might have been big and buff. But he was nowhere near up to par. Despite being a privileged kid, Yonghwa had basically grown up on the streets, making him a virtuous master of all different kinds of fighting techniques.

 

His opponent did not manage to even place one punch on him as Yonghwa smoothly slipped out of his way just before an attack would ever hit him. It took him barely any effort at all to send the thug flat on the street, where he could work on changing his skin colour, aiming to do the same to his facial bone structure.

 

When the first cheekbone finally gave way with a cracking sound, the girl behind him unexpectedly started to plead for him to stop.

 

Odd, he thought, seemingly unimpressed landing another punch which crushed the thug’s nose as well. Blood was sprinkling like a water fountain now.

 

One would have thought she liked what her abuser received, after all, this guy was about to and perhaps even kill her.

 

She is really too kind. Did she not realize what this waste of a human life had originally planned on doing with her?

 

“Please don’t kill him. I cannot…”, he heard her say breathlessly and something in her voice rang disturbingly in his ears.

 

He glanced to the side, looking at her directly. She started to scream again, holding her head with both hands as if she was trying to brace herself against an invisible attacker.

 

Her eyes became unfocussed as she started to hyperventilate.

 

Oh no…

 

Yonghwa immediately let go of the motionless guy beneath him. He jumped up, quickly catching the girl before she could hit the ground as unconsciousness took over her frail body.

 

♡♠♡

 

A while later they were riding back into the city.

 

Minhyuk was driving. Yonghwa had taken the backseat beside the girl, whose head was now leaning against the side window.

 

“We’ll clear the area now.” Jonghyun’s deep voice vibrated through the speakers of the hands-free car kit. “Thanks for interrupting my preparations for Sy.” He added half-seriously.

 

Jungshin could be heard laughing in the background.

 

“How is he ever gonna propose to her?” The Maknae of the team asked.

 

“Worry about yourself.” Yonghwa answered disinterestedly.

 

“Oh just like you, Hyung?” Jungshin retorted dryly, hinting at Yonghwa’s prior selfless engagement in an unplanned rescue mission.

 

He was bold now that there were a few kilometres between them.

 

“I had my reasons. It’s the girl that was with Trickstar earlier. They seemed close and we still need him occasionally. It’s good if he owes us.” Yonghwa answered, not meeting Minhyuk’s eyes. They both knew it was a stretch, but Minhyuk was no one who blabbered. He would surely keep his mouth shut about this matter, too.

 

“Which one was it?” Jonghyun suddenly sounded worried.

 

“Why would you care?” Yonghwa retorted.

 

“Because one of them is considered extended family.” Jonghyun slowly said, catching his Hyung slightly by surprise.

 

He wanted to ask more but the girl beside him finally started to move.

 

“Hang up, Minhyuk. We’ll talk about the rest later. The girl is fine. Make sure to get rid of any traces.” Yonghwa ordered.

 

It was a good thing the girl was waking up already. Dropping her off somewhere would have been big trouble otherwise.

 

“Where am I?” She asked, staring drowsily at him.

 

“In a car.” He smugly answered the obvious.

 

What a silly question.

 

Her hand flew to her forehead, as if her head was still hurting. His eyes got stuck on her assaulted neck. He felt anger rise in his stomach again.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter