Hospitals

Shadows

As she approached her house, Nana was already waiting for her at the door. (Y/N) quickly skipped up the porch stairs. 
"Hellooo," she sang. 
"My my. Someone's happy," nana stated. (Y/N) giggled before walking into her room and placing down her stuff. 
"Alright. Let's go," she said before turning to Nana. 

As Nana drove to the hospital, (Y/N) couldn't help but smile in the seat beside her. "So are you going to tell me?" Nana asked. 
"Tell what. There's nothing to tell," she replied. 
"Please, anyone can see from a mile away that you have some good news. So tell me. What is on your mind?”
"Well there was this boy an-"
"Ooh La la. A boy, you say." 
"Yeah. A boy. With hair and eyes and a face. You know, the one with the nose and ears. He's also got eyebrows." They both laughed as (Y/N) adjusted her seatbelt.
"His name is Changkyun," (Y/N) continued. "Brown eyes and soft brown hair. He's pretty cute, I have to admit. "
"Admitting defeat already hm?" Nana teased. 
"Of course not. He has to go through all my super-secret tests that tests his good human genes first before I decide to date him. "
"Oh? You're going to date him? What makes you so sure he will date you?"
(Y/N) pulled out the slip of paper out of the front pocket of her shorts. "Thanks for reminding me!" She said as she waved the paper in the air. "I have his number," she said with a giggle. 
"What would your parents say about you having a boyfriend? My, you have grown so much," Nana said. (Y/N)'s face turned solemn. 
"They wouldn't care. They have never cared for the thing that held them back from bigger and better things,” (Y/N) said quietly. 
"Nonsense! You know they love you. Just the don't have the time to-"
"They don't want someone like me. Someone who ends up at the doctors so often that the nurses know her by a first name basis. Someone who's not even really theirs. "
"W-what do you mean, dear."
"I know they 'adopted' me. I know Aunt Haeun was my real mother before she died but didn't want me since she didn't know the father-- MY father-- and she was fifteen when she had me. I know it all. I overheard mother and father speak."
"Then you know they saved you and tried their best to raise you. "
"They didn't raise me. You did. They left me here and never looked back. They send us pity money because they have to. "
They sat in silence as they approached the familiar white buildings. 
Nana looked at her with a sad smile as they pulled into the parking lot. 
"I'll always be here for you, (Y/N). Till the day I die. Remember that," Nana said as she pulled (Y/N) close and hugged her tight. 
They walked into the hospital and sat down in the familiar waiting room. Time seemed to stand still, like it was not daring to tick another second. 
"(Y/N) (Y/L/N)?" Said a nurse as she opened the doors. 
(Y/N) quickly stood up out of habit. 
"Follow me, Miss (Y/L/N). It should be a quick check up today," the nurse smiled. She nodded and followed her in.