You.

Shadows

Walking onto campus, he heard a familiar voice call his alias. Quickly turning around, he saw familiar faces.
"Changkyun Kyunnie, are you ready for the final this week in Professor Kyle's class?" Asked one of the girls.
"When am I ever ready for a test?" He replied with a light laugh.
"You're always ready. You always ace them,“ stated another boy.
"Please, Kihyun. I do not. I just study as much as I can, like any good student would," he said and winked.
"Hey! Are you calling me a bad student now?"
"If the shoe fits!"
"Well you don't ever study Kihyun. It's surprising you're still here at this university," said another girl.
"I'll have you know I'm doing quite well so far," Kihyun said stubbornly before laughing alongside the group of six.
"Well, I have to head off to class now. I'll see you guys in a bit!" Changkyun called out and started walking. Once he knew they could no longer see his face, his smile faded as he rolled his eyes and sighed at the stupidity he must face daily.
Classes were boring. Always the same monotone, gray day. Only fun he gets here is seeking out girls that would be worth playing with.
"And so that is why Faulkner used..." The professors’ voice trailed in and out of his head when suddenly the door creaked open and a girl slipped in. Trying hard to avoid eye contact with the professor, she quickly sat in the nearest empty seat. The professor cleared his throat and looked directly at her. She looked up at the sound and mouthed the words sorry before lowering her head again. The professor turned to the whole class. "I do not tolerate students being late." He looked at her. "What is your name?" He demanded.
"(Y/N) (Y/L/N)" she said shyly.
"Consider this your one and only warning, miss (Y/L/N)". She nodded while trying to hide her embarrassment.
Changkyun chuckled to himself as he watched her every move.
"Her," he whispered to himself. She's the one he wants to play his next game with.

----


 

"I'm going to be late. I'm going to be late. I'm going to be late!" She said as she ran out through the doors and quickly made her way to the sidewalk.
"(Y/N)! Don't forget that we have a doctor’s appointment later!!" Called out a voice.
"Yes Nana! I'll be back soon! Straight after class!" (Y/N) said as she stopped to wave goodbye to her Nanny. Her parents were never home. They traveled the world doing research and experiments. (Y/N)'s nanny had raised her all her life. They were the closest thing to family to each other. They only had each other.
Struggling to walk quickly, she faced the facts and sighed as she looked at her watch.
"There's no way around it, I'm going to be late.”
She walked through the seemingly empty halls before she reached the door to her class. She took a deep breath and opened the door as quietly as possible. After taking a seat, the professor made the dreaded sound and she sighed. She looked up at the professor and whispered "sorry." She was also forced to state her name. The embarrassment was real. After hiding in her notes for a few minutes, she looked around at her classmates and made eye contact with a boy across the room. His eyes were a soft hazel, bordered by a gorgeous green. His milk chocolate colored hair framed his face perfectly. The way his lips curled into a soft smile made her heart skip a beat. He was beautiful.
She quickly looked away.
"That is all for today," said the professor as he slammed a book shut. She jumped at the sound, causing her attention to snap back into class. She sat for a moment as people got up and walked out before she realized she learned nothing and came for nothing. She slowly got up and put her supplies away. She stepped towards the door to better organize her stuff when suddenly someone bumped into her.
"I am so sorry," they said in unison. She ly to see that it was the boy with the light brown hair. He smiled at her and she smiled back shyly.
"Do you need help with that?" He asked sweetly.
"No, no. I got it. Thank you though," she replied as she put some items into her backpack. He chuckled at her response and extended out a hand. She looked up at him before reaching out to shake.
"I'm Changkyun," he smiled.
"(Y/N)," she said.
"I know," he chuckles. "I'm sorry about this. Let me make it up to you. "
She smiled. “It was my fault. “
"Please. I want to make it up to you. “He said as he took a step closer. She didn't reply. "How about some coffee?" He suggested.
She thought for a moment before nodding with a soft smile on her face.
"But not today. I have somewhere to be,” she continued.
"Where to? I'll take you,” he offered.
"Oh, no. It's okay. Thank you. “
"You sure?"
She nodded. He smiled at her, not wanting to push his luck.
"Well, okay. Coffee some other time then. Here, I'll give you my number and you can text me when you want that cup of coffee," he said with a wink as he took out a small piece of paper and wrote down the seven digits. She took it from him as she put on her backpack.
"Thank you. I'll be sure to do that," she said as she headed for the door.
He placed his hands in his pockets and smiled as he watched her leave the class. Her long, soft hair intrigued him. Her eyes glistened in the light perfectly. She was beautiful.