Meet the Grandparents

His Beautiful Intruder
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Jiyong's POV

 

 

After everyone became aware that the Royal Couple of Bellea is going to spend a night at Muhan, Dongwook and I received a lot of calls and emails since then. And still even a hot topic from social media sites and broadcasting companies until now.

 

"Is everyone ready for the arrival of our special guests tomorrow?" I asked as I look to each person that is with me at the meeting room.

 

"Yes." Dongwook answered while others just nodded.

 

I inhale deeply. "Let's all do well."

 

After the meeting is adjourned, I went back to my room and smiled automatically upon seeing Dara at the couch. She seems busy on whatever she's doing at her laptop and my heart thumped wildly when she lifted her head up then thumped more when she smiled too. "How's the meeting?"

 

"Everyone is nervous."

 

She giggled. "Including you."

 

I chuckled. "Can't help it." Then I glanced at the wall clock. "Let's have our lunch now."

 

She nodded then closed her laptop and stretched her arms. "Let's go."

 

As we walked hand in hand at the lobby, I could feel the stares towards us. It seems that the staffs are still overwhelmed by the fact that Dara is coming with me every day. "What do you want to do tomorrow?" Since her grandparents will arrive late, I wanted to spend some alone time with her during the early hours of her birthday.

 

"Nothing in particular. Spending time with you is more than enough for me."

 

Darn. I felt like it's my birthday instead. I squeezed her hand. "Let's elope then."

 

She giggled. "Sure but let's do that after you meet my grandparents."

 

I chuckled. "Your grandparents kind of scare me."

 

"Oh don't be. They will love you. I'm pretty sure of that."

 

"You surely know how to calm my nerves."

 

"Of course!"

 

After we had our lunch, I return to my room while she roams around the hotel. She'll probably visit the team she used to be with. She definitely felt some connection with them. I focused on work until Dara returned and I chuckled to see her looking happy. She's holding a small paper gift. "They gave you a birthday gift."

 

She nodded as she smiled giddily. "It's a photo album."

 

I frowned. "You don't have a photo album at the palace?"

 

She pout. "I have lots. Grandma loves to take photos of me especially whenever I meet them. It's just that I realized that I should have a photo album of you."

 

I chuckled. "You have lots of it on your phone."

 

She smiled widely. "Yep! But I wanted more photos of you."

 

"It's not for free anymore."

 

"Even if I kiss you?"

 

"Let me think about it." Then I smiled when she laugh. It's contagious.

 

"By the way, boss sent me a message. They need to see me for a meeting. There's some development with the other's investigation so we need to do some brainstorming." She checked the time. "They'll be here in about thirty minutes."

 

"I'll go with you."

 

She got startled. "No need. They'll bring me home afterwards."

 

"I should always be with you, that's what you said to your grandparents."

 

She walks towards me and lean on the table. "I'll be fine and I don't know until what time the meeting will be finished. You'll just get bored."

 

"Maybe I can give some inputs. After all, it has something to do with that old man."

 

She smiled in amusement. "The team probably knew it as well."

 

I snorted. "You really don't want me to go."

 

She giggled. "Don't get mad. I'll get home safe and sound."

 

I only sigh. After she left, I focused on working until Dongwook knocked on my room. "What is it?"

 

He walk towards my table and placed a paper bag. "Before Dara left, she told me about buying your dinner."

 

I got startled then checked the time. It's almost seven in the evening already. "Thanks."

 

He grinned. "You seem still pissed off that she left early today." Then he frowned. "Where did she go by the way? She seems in a hurry."

 

I inhale deeply. "She meet some friends."

 

"Guy friends?"

 

I glared at him. "Don't start."

 

He laugh. "Anyway, eat now before the food gets cold."

 

When he left, I started to eat then my phone rings and immediately answers the call to see Dara's name on the screen. "Is the meeting finished already?"

 

She chuckled. "Not yet. I just quickly excused myself. Did Dongwook already buy you dinner?"

 

"Yeah."

 

"And you're eating now?"

 

"Yeah. What time you'll go home?"

 

"Maybe after three to four hours."

 

Darn. "Did they know that tomorrow is your birthday? They are keeping you too long."

 

She giggled. "It's unavoidable." Then she paused for a second. "I have to go back to the meeting now. See you later. I love you." But before I could even react, the call ended already. Damn.

 

An hour passed, Dongwook bid goodnight. "Still not going home?"

 

I shake my head. "I need to finalize one more proposal."

 

"Alright. I'll see you tomorrow afternoon then."

 

"Yes."

 

Then I continue working until I felt heaviness in my head. Well, it's almost ten in the evening already. I inhale deeply then decided to go home. Upon reaching my apartment, I played for a while with the pets and take a shower afterwards. When I'm done, I heard the door closes so I hurriedly went out of the room and see the most beautiful woman I know. She smiled. "Hey."

 

I chuckled and quickly walk towards her then hugged her so tight. "I missed you."

 

She cupped my face. "I missed you too."

 

"How's the meeting?"

 

"Tiring but very productive. We really have progress with the case."

 

"That's good to know but why do I feel that you'll leave me again?"

 

She smiled apologetically. "Yeah. I am going overseas again after three days."

 

I sigh. "I thought your task is to be with me?"

 

"Boss said that it is no longer necessary but the bodyguards will stay."

 

"I don't need them."

 

"You need them until everything has been sorted out."

 

I snorted. "How long you will be gone?"

 

"Possibly a month but I'll definitely return before Christmas."

 

. "Why it's so long?"

 

She inhales deeply. "We need to close the case already whether we solve it or not but we are hoping we could."

 

I hugged her again. As much as I wanted to rant about her job, I know it's useless. This is how her job works. "Be careful."

 

"I will." Then she cupped my face again and stared at me with warm eyes. "I love you, Jiyong."

 

"I love you too." Then I bent my head towards her and claim her lips. "Happy Birthday, Dara."

 

She checked the time and giggled. "It's not yet my birthday."

 

I smirked then she laugh as I carry her and bring her to our room. "Do you really think that your grandparents will like me?"

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter