Action speaks louder than words

The Road
Please log in to read the full chapter

Kris woke from sleep to a dark room, the usual silence of the night. But something had woken him, and if he listened closely he could hear the soft sounds of footsteps outside his room. He laid still, waiting to see what would happen.

 

The door creaked open slowly, the soft light from the hallway shining into his room.

 

"Kris?"

 

The voice was barely a whisper.

 

Before he thought of answering, the door opened more and the person walked in, closing the door behind them.

 

Kris rolled over to his back as Tao approached the bed. He smiled up at him, even though Tao probably couldn't see it.

 

Tao stopped at the side of the bed, his shoulders slumping. Kris could see in his posture that he was reluctant to come any closer, probably in case Kris didn't want him to. He'd notice that Tao often could be very insecure, especially when it came to people showing him affection and that they cared.

 

Instead of saying anything - he'd noticed actions when better than words when it came to Tao - he folded away a corner of the duvet to show that Tao could lay down.

 

Tao released a sigh and slumped into the bed. He pulled the duvet over himself and then curled up against Kris, burying his face in Kris's neck.

 

Kris turned over towards him, curling an arm around Tao's body.

 

Tao often came into his room after nightmares, wantin

Please log in to read the full chapter