Playlist One

The Breakup Playlist

TRACK 1: LONELY - SISTAR

He's a certified .

Lu Han thought as much as he trekked his way to their humble high school. The spring morning was freezing, a clear remembrance of the winter that had passed by together with the still puffing of his breath in the air. Lu Han wrapped his jacket tighter around his form when a gust of wind passed him, almost as if telling him that he was indeed an and he should just freeze to death.

Not like he needed more assurance of that fact in all honesty.

That has been proven last winter break when he kissed that girl, or when he purposely ignored a certain person's messages and didn't even greeted a simple Merry Christmass! or Happy New Year! or not even getting him a present in exchange for the scarf that that person so carefully hand picked for him. And the fact that he feel not an ounce of guilt from doing so really do confirms his status. It was like he just woke up realizing that he doesn't love him anymore.

And he's about to push that status to a whole new level that day. On the day that finally marks the start of their Sophomore year.

Lu Han halted on his tracks once he finally caught sight of the person leaning beside the school gate. Minseok was looking on the ground, face scrunched up as he appears to be deep in thought, and orange hair combed neatly. As always, his uniform was still two sizes larger and nearly engulfed his form. Minseok likes it that way because it keeps him from getting cold, he told Lu Han once. His tiny fingers were holding onto his back pack's straps and the younger noted that he was slightly shaking.

Inhaling one deep breath, Lu Han made his way to the older.

Minseok blinked when a pair of very familiar sneakers came into his view. He reluctantly looked up, noting that the excited grin that usually maned its owner's face was none existent. Instead, what he saw was indifference and the boy suddenly regretted going to school. He wanted to turn around and prolong this painful event that was about to happen. 

He wasn't dumb. 

He got the hint from the younger boy's uncharistic coldness, his ignorance, his short and brief responses and his mood's sudden change for the worst when Minseok was around. He know it was bound to happen sooner or later. Honestly, it surprised him more that Lu Han managed to stick around for a year and half. But that doesn't mean that it still didn't hurt.

"Let's talk." Were his words before walking inside the school premises without even waiting for Minseok.

his lips, the elder followed the boy closely. As painful as it might be, he wanted to savour the remaining moments where he could still stand beside him like this. He wanted to savour the feeling of Lu Han near him for the last time. And it took his all to not let the impending tears form.

Lu Han brought him to the school rooftop. The wind was cold. It still managed to gave him the chills despite of the layers of the clothes he's wearing. But it wasn't as cold as Lu Han's eyes. Those same eyes that used to look at him with pure affection and adoration. Those same eyes that used to crinkle happily with the sight of Minseok. Those same eyes that used to tell a thousand words, words that screams his love for him.

Now, all he see was nothing.

"Let's breakup."

He was expecting it. Really, he was.

But the painful tug in his heart as the words left the younger boy's lips made breathing suddenly hard. Those very same lips that used to kiss him senseless. Those lips that used to whisper how he was so perfect in the midst of tangled limbs and tangled sheets. Those same lips that used to kiss his tears goodbye.

Minseok swallowed thickly.

He know that those happy moments weren't going to last. But why does it still hurt so bad? Why does it feel like there's a knife that was continously stabbing his heart?

Why does it still ing hurts?

"O-Of course." Minseok blinked his tears away and gave Lu Han a weak smile. "O-okay..." He breath out. "Okay." He murmured.

Lu Han continued to stand motionless as Minseok slowly crumbled before him. Minseok doesn't cry. Not in front of the crowd anyway and he was trying his hardest to not cry in front of Lu Han. He had already lost the privilege of crying his heart out toward the person that ever mattered next to his family. He had already lost the privilege of owning this beautiful being called Lu Han.

But even still, Minseok couldn't help but to think of how beautiful he was still.

Lu Han still looked unworldly like this. Despite of the painful words he had spoke. Despite of his cold expression, despite of everything, Lu Han was still so beautiful like this. He was still so beautiful with his red hair, dark eyes, button nose, small lips. He was still so beautiful despite brushing pass Minseok and finally leaving the memories they had shared behind.

But then he realized he just can't let him go.

Not like this.

"Wait!" He whirled around before Lu Han could leave. The younger gave him a questioning look but Minseok only opened his arms wide, a sad smile stretched onto his lips. "C-can I hug you?" He asked, uncertain. "For the last time." The last part was nothing more than a strained whisper and he was afraid that Lu Han didn't heard and would turn away instead. Relief washed over him when the younger nodded and walked over to him, stopping only until he was within Minseok's reach.

He was only within reach but he was slowly slipping away. Minseok continued to break in pieces as he wrapped his arms around the boy with hesitation. He pulled him closer, burying his face on the crook of Lu Han's neck, drinking his scent for the last time. The tears threatened to spill but Minseok coaxed his self to stay strong and not burden Lu Han even further. Doing this was already too much. So he closed his eyes and uttered the words he was dreading to say from the very beginning: "Goodbye." He whispered onto the younger boy's neck before letting go and taking a step back.

Lu Han has a unreadable expression on his face but it gone as fast as it came. He merely gave the older a curt nod before turning around and finally leaving.

It was at this moment when the younger was gone that the tears started to spill from his eyes. Minseok fell down to his knees and cried his heart out with nothing but the small bird on top of the fence as his witness.

[with time everything will be forgotten. and so will you. that's what's really sad.]

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TRACK 2: WE BELONG TOGETHER - MARIAH CAREY

Lu Han is an .

His friends told him so. Baekhyun, especially, punched him on the face after learning that he broke up with Minseok. Eventually wanting to claw his eyes out upon learning why. It took all of Chanyeol's strength to pull him away and stop him from killing Lu Han on the spot. Kyungsoo was calmer than he had anticipated but his eyes tells him he wanted to do the same thing that Baekhyun did. The boy ended up shaking his head and growling a 'don't wanna see your face again' before leaving. Jongin gave him one last helpless look, but Lu Han could also see the disappointment in his face, before following the older. Yifan kept quiet and so did Joonmyun.

They were all disappointed but Lu Han don't really care at this point. To his defence, he was going to hurt Minseok more if he prolonged the break up.

That's what he kept on telling himself as he downed another bottle of alcohol. The music was loud, deafening even, but Lu Han didn't mind as he swayed his body to the rhythm. He was underage. He was perfectly aware of that but sneaking inside a bar was no big deal when you have money and connection. Two things that Lu Han have. The boy laughed gleefully when a girl, probably three years older than him, started to dance with him. He grinned wider when she started to grind into him. Lu Han wasted no time in wrapping his arms around his petite figure and kissing her neck.

He went home with a girl in his arms, had the best he ever had then woke up with the worst hangover known to mankind.

But Lu Han didn't really cared. He was having fun. He wasn't tied anymore. He could do whatever he want because he was perfectly single and there's no one to nag at him in the morning when he had too much to drink.


He party nearly three times a week despite of still having school in the morning. Bring random strangers, girls and boys alike, to his luxurious pad his parents bought him when he refused to return back to China and do this over and over again. This continued to happen for three months.

Yifan and Joonmyun were the only ones who tolerated him at this point. Chanyeol stopped hanging around him prior to Baekhyun's threat that he was going to break up with him if he continue to do so. Kyungsoo acted like he never knew him and Jongin was too whipped to not do the same. And Minseok...

Well...

Minseok transferred schools a month or so after their breakup. It was his parents decision, Yifan told him to which Lu Han only responded with a uninterested shrug. Whatever Minseok does was not his concern anymore.

Minseok left.

Lu Han continued to live his life to the fullest.

Lu Han continued to party and fool around. He continued to wake up to strangers on mornings then grumbling all day because of his headache. He continued to do things that he couldn't do so when Minseok was around. He remember the times where he couldn't go to clubs because Minseok hated the loud noise. He remembered how bland their life was because Minseok likes it nice and slow while Lu Han likes it rough and extreme. He remembered the alcohol he moderated because Minseok was sure to nag at him if he whines about his headache.

He remembered everything Minseok did and it hit him like a ing truck.

It was so sudden.

The weather was particularly unforgiving that day which rendered Lu Han from going out. It was then he found himself stuck in his pad, sitting on the floor while half of his arms and chin were on top of his unruly bed. The television was on and playing some variety show he had long lost interest to. He was scrolling through his instagram feed without much enthusiasm, thinking that it would be nice if he was out and not trapped in his place. He lost track of how far he had been scrolling when his eyes landed on a picture.

It was uploaded by Yixing, a friend of his in China.

A selfie.

But Yixing's dimpled smile wasn't what caught his attention. It was the object his friend had pressed beside his cheek:

A meat bun.

A Baozi.

Lu Han felt a painful tug on his chest as he was reminded of a certain person's round cheeks and crooked smile. His heart continued to constrict in his chest as he remembered how soft those cheeks were. He remembered how he loved to kiss them, how happy he always felt when their owner would quietly giggle at his antics. He remembered how he would ask a  'What are you doing?' to which Lu Han would respond by kissing him more and murmuring a 'Kissing you. Which is something that I love to do'. To which the person would only roll his eyes and Lu Han would grin cheekily.

Lu Han swallowed thickly at the memory before turning his phone off. He didn't like how he was feeling. For one object to make him feel like this proves that he really do need a drink and possibly get laid but the loud thunder and nearly deafening sound of the rain outside told him that he wasn't going get out any minute now. Huffing, he got up from his position and ventured toward the kitchen. He opened his fridge, only to be greeted by a very disappointing sight. Aside from the box of pizza and a few bottled water, his fridge was devoid of anything. He remembered when it used to be so full during the time Minseok was around.

Lu Han ruffled his hair in frustration and closed it shut. The boy walked back to his room with the plan of watching a movie until he falls asleep. That until he caught sight of his living room. Or what's supposed to be the living room. Clothes were all around, from the couch to the carpeted floor. There was even a boxer hanging for its dear life on the edge of his flat screen television. 

"Minseok would get a heart attack if he sees this." The words were out of his mouth before he realized it. When he did so, he frowned and hastily entered his room.

Lu Han jumped on top of his bed in frustration. He groaned and scolded himself for thinking of Minseok so suddenly. ", this is all Yixing's fault." He grumbled as he sat on his bed. His phone caught his eyes and Lu Han mindlessly took it. He went to the gallery with no particular reason aside from the fact that he was bored. He scrolled through the pictures without much interest, laughing at the faces of his fellow club goers. He nearly forgot what happened earlier that until he lose track of the pictures and found himself looking at the older ones.

Instinctively, he paused at one picture.

It wasn't a selfie but more of a candid picture.

It was Minseok.

If he recalled it correctly, it was taken a few weeks after the start of their freshman year. Minseok was looking up toward one of the branches of a cherry blossom. He was grinning wide, gums and all, with the petals falling around him like snow and Lu Han didn't resisted the urge to take a picture because he was just so breathtakingly beautiful. Of course, Minseok wasn't particularly amused after he caught him. He remembered the elder chasing him down the pavement while screaming empty threats. He remembered him laughing loudly as he ran away from the raging Baozi. He remembered when they finally stopped in front of the elder's house all still refusing to give his phone to him. Lu Han made fun of his height, raising his hand higher as Minseok stood on tippy toes and reached out. He thought that Minseok finally gave up when he huffed and leaned back on his feet.

So imagine his shock when the shorter boy grasped his collar and slammed his lips on his. Lu Han's eyes widened at the sudden display of affection but as he caught sight of Minseok's reddened cheeks, he grinned into the kiss and closed his eyes.

Of course, Minseok successfully took his phone but was unable to delete the picture all thanks to Lu Han's pouting.

Lu Han wasn't sure if it was the picture or the memory that came with it, but he didn't realized the tears until it hit his forearm.

Lu Han frowned at first. Not fully understanding the reason behind his tears until he put his phone down and inhaled a breath. The memories rushed to him in a speed that nearly knock him to his feet. With the memories came the feelings.

He remembered Minseok.

He remembered the boy as he would sit in the middle of the bed, his small hands on Lu Han's face while the younger cries for whatever reason. He remembered the small figure that he would hug whenever he was sad. He remembered the breath on his neck, the soft lips, the brightest smile that he had ever lay his eyes upon.

He remembered Minseok.

A loud sob left his lips as he remembered Minseok that day on the rooftop. He remembered how hard he was holding back the tears, how he bit his lips and tried his hardest to smile through the pain. He remembered that one last embrace, he remembered the shaking voice that told him good bye. He remembered the pained cry that followed when he finally closed the door. He remembered everything.

He remembered his Minseok.

And in the midst of the ragging storm, Lu Han curled on his bed and whispered the following words:

"I'm so stupid."

[ i didn't mean it when i said i didn't love you so. i should have held on tight i never should've let you go. i didn't know nothing. i was stupid, i was foolish, i was lying to myself ]

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TRACK 3: FOOL - WINNER

Not only was Lu Han an but he was also ing stupid.

Baekhyun had told him so.

And he now realized the accuracy of his words. Baekhyun had every right to turn his back against him. He also know that he deserve the punch that he got. Frankly, now he wished Baekhyun had done more and he also wished that Kyungsoo joined him so they could set him straight. He wished they had punched him good enough for him to realized sooner that Minseok was one of the best thing that had ever happened to him.

But they didn't. That's why he was currently feeling miserable and thinking of all the wrong things he had done.

That's why he was in the secluded corner of the library, leaning on the wall while he scroll through his and Minseok's memory. It hit him so hard of how much he missed him. How much he missed those round cheeks, those crooked smile and soft lips. He didn't even stop the tears from falling on his cheeks.

He missed him so much and Lu Han was the only one to blame.

He was in this position when Yifan found him. He didn't made a sound, simply sitting in front of the elder as he watch the tears stain his pretty face. He simply sat there and wait until Lu Han was ready to tell him his troubles. It had always been like that even before they met Minseok. Lu Han liked to pretend he was a strong person but Yifan and Minseok know that he wasn't. They both know that among them, it was Lu Han who cries the easiest.

"I messed up, Yifan." Lu Han managed to say in between his crying. "I messed up so bad."

Yifan sighed and let his back rest on one of book aisle. "You did." He admitted. Lu Han is his friend but that doesn't mean he wasn't angry and disappointed for what he did. He was the one who consoled Minseok the day that they broke up. He saw how broken Minseok was that day. The sight of him trying to hold back his tears was so pitiful. Minseok had always been so strong and seeing him crumble like that was enough to loath Lu Han.

Not for too long anyway.

You really can't hate someone you consider as a brother for so long.

"I hurt him so bad. I don't know what to do anymore." Lu Han murmured, sniffing, eyes fixed on the picture they took together. It was during their first anniversary where they were finally pass the awkward phase of blushing over a little touch of the hand to the phase where kissing had become a need more than want. "I want to see him."

They were so happy back then and Lu Han just had to mess it up.

A scoff cut Yifan's words before he could even utter a word. The two boys both turned to the direction of the sound and saw Baekhyun looking less amused and Chanyeol just behind. At the back of his mind, Lu Han wondered if he was just like that back when with Minseok. Probably.

Probably even worse.

"So you want to see him now?" The younger asked. "What made you change your mind? Got sick of playing around?" There was a bite to his every words but Lu Han could not really blame the boy. Baekhyun was quite close to Minseok even before. Lu Han could only tip his head low and flush in shame. He don't have anything to say or to answer against Baekhyun's question. From the outside perspective it must have looked like that. He did broke up with Minseok so that he could fool around.

In the midst of his desire for the faux freedom life had shown him, he ended up hurting the boy who loved him with all his heart.

And the thought was enough to bring the tears.

Baekhyun watched as the older weep in silence, not even daring on letting a sob. He wanted to stay mad at Lu Han, god knows how much he wanted to give him another punch on the face, but seeing him like this was lessening the anger he felt just a little. There was a part of Baekhyun that tells him to let Lu Han suffer, let the bastard cry. Let him feel the same pain he had inflicted on Minseok. But there was also a part of him which tells him that at—some point—Lu Han had been his friend. Chanyeol must have thought so as he squeezed his shoulder. It was all just a coincidence that they saw Lu Han here. They hadn't plan on approaching him but hearing him cry made Baekhyun want to mock him. Ironically, it was the same reason that made the younger sigh in defeat.

"Minseok only changed schools and didn't migrated." Baekhyun said, making Lu Han look up. He looked really pitiful like this, he thought, his usually styled to perfection hair (now blonde) was messed in a very ugly and unfashionable way, tears latter his cheeks, there were bags under his eyes and his eyes were red from all the crying he had done.

Try as he may, Baekhyun was not that heartless and Lu Han looked to be genuinely in pain.

"I don't want you two to be together again, if you ask me." He continued. "You've already done enough damage. The least you can do is go to him and apologize. But if you plan on doing something more, just promise me..." The boy walked toward the elder and leaned down. His eyes held a dangerous glint as he said his next word. "Don't ing hurt him again because I swear to every god out there that you are going to regret it." He growled before turning around and walking away from Yifan and Lu Han. Chanyeol gave them a strained bow and followed his boyfriend out of the library.

Lu Han followed the duo with his eyes. He processed what Baekhyun had told him. The younger had given him a chance. Despite his blatant show of dislike, he clearly gave him a clue to what he should do. Lu Han diverted his eyes from where the two disappeared to Yifan. The younger shrugged and stretched his long limbs on the floor.

"You should go." He grunted. "Make everything right before it's too late."

[ i am always selfish. I do not think, i know outside. i think it's crazy, i'm the one who threw you out. i was a fool and now i regret it. ]

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TRACK 4: HAPPIER - ED SHEERAN

He would be less of an if he do this right.

Joonmyun told him when Yifan had supplied him the details from what happened in the library.

He was still an , the boy clarified, but if he did managed to apologize and win Minseok back then his rank would go down one level which was supposed to be a good thing. Lu Han know that his friend was only trying to make him laugh but obviously, he was failing miserably. Lu Han couldn't find himself to even crack a smile with how his nerves was eating him.

He was finally going to see Minseok and set everything right.

He had been miserable for the time he realized just how much the boy meant to him. It took every ounce of his self-control to not reach out to his phone and dial his number. He had set his mind to speak to the boy face to face. He have to man up, he thought as much.

Today was finally the he was going to muster all of his courage and visit Minseok. Today was finally the day he was going to tell him just how sorry he was and just how much he still love him.

Lu Han had been so nervous that he ended up cleaning his pad yesterday. He had thrown the trash, cleaned his dishes, vacuumed the floor, put his clothes in the racks and by the end of the day, everything was like the time when Minseok was still around.

Exhaling a deep breath, his eyes fell to the photoframe on top of his side table. It was situated in between Lu Han's family and baby picture. Minseok stood beside him, face dirty as they just finished playing a very intense game of football, yet his grin was the biggest and he had his hand in peace sign. Beside him was Lu Han, looking as equally as wreaked as him, but instead of looking in the camera, he was looking at Minseok. His eyes swarmed in adoration, unspoken feelings and longing. It was taken during their first year in middle school, the time where everything was still confusing and you still can't distinguish a simple crush from love.

Lu Han had put the picture away when they broke up but now that his feelings was finally sorted, he decided to return the photo frame to where it's supposed to be.

He checked the time on the clock and after seeing that it was only half an hour till Minseok's class ends (Chanyeol told him without Baekhyun knowing), he nodded and went out of his pad. He skipped his classes that day with the excuse that he was going to need the whole day to prepare. Joonmyun had joked if he was placing candles on the entrance of his pad so that their makeup would be romantic. Yifan rolled his eyes and punched the boy on the shoulder while Lu Han merely laughed, a dust of pink on his cheeks.

Lu Han boarded the bus that will bring him to Minseok's new school. He plopped down on the farthest corner with shaking feet and hands. His hands had turned clammy. He was scared but excited at the same. He was scared to see Minseok but he had missed the boy so much. Lu Han was too occupied that he didn't even recognized the very familiar sport's car trailing behind the bus he was riding.

Joonmyun was telling Yifan to not drive too close as Lu Han might notice them but the latter merely responded with an uninterested snort. Yifan know that Lu Han was too deep in his thoughts to even notice him.

The distance between his place and Minseok's new school was nothing more than twenty minutes but Lu Han thought a lifetime had passed when he finally got off the bus.

The boy swallowed the lump that had formed in his throat as he made his way to the corner. His research told him that the school was on the opposite side of the road. The school gate was still far away as Lu Han rounded the corner but he could already see the students scattering as they went on their different way. Lu Han hastened his pace, determined to find Minseok from the sea of students leaving the school premises. Unfortunately, he got held down by a traffic light.

The Chinese boy was fidgeting on his spot as he waited for the light to turn red, the lady beside him raised an eyebrow at his antics. Lu Han couldn't care less on the other hand, he had to see Minseok. He want to see Minseok. He missed him so much. He was at the point of going crazy if he don—

And that's when he heard it.

It was spoken by a voice he wasn't familiar with but he was sure to recognized that name wherever he'd go.

"Minseok!"

Lu Han's head whirled to the direction of the voice and sure enough, there was him. Minseok, Kim Minseok, his Minseok. Lu Han's expression visibly lightened. He was still the same from the last time he had seen him. Although his hair was no longer orange and he had gone thinner over the course of time they separated, but his cheeks were still round, those eyes still held the glimmer he had fallen in love with, and his mouth still showed his tiny teeth and gums when he smiles that adorable smile of his.

Lu Han's heart swelled with happiness that he didn't even noticed the figure trailing behind him. The Chinese boy was about to call him, mouth opening to let the familiar syllables of Minseok's name roll off his tongue, when it happened.

It almost seemed in slow motion as he saw the person tackle Minseok into a back hug before eventually wrapping his arms around the boy's waist. It was an unfamiliar face. Someone with unruly dark raven curls and black rimmed glasses with cat-like smile. He whispered something in Minseok's ear and Lu Han felt his heart ache when the boy laughed joyously.

He never laughed that happy when he was with me. A dark voice whispered in Lu Han's mind.

His heart continued to break into pieces when Minseok gave the unknown boy a pat on the head, his eyes glimmering in what Lu Han could easily recognized as pure affection.

The traffic light had long since turned red but Lu Han was glued to his spot, his eyes not leaving Minseok and the boy. The people around him didn't gave him that much attention and brushed by him to get to their destination. The feat reminded him so much of the day on the rooftop. How he went passed by Minseok without much giving him a glance. How he disregarded Minseok just because he thought that he woke up with his feelings all gone. And seeing him now made Lu Han realize one thing:

He was already too late. Minseok had already found someone else.

Lu Han closed his eyes, feeling the impending tears form. With shaking fingers, he pulled the hood of his jacket and covered half of his face. The boy whirled around, only stopping when Yifan grasped his arms and gave him a questioning look.

"What's wrong?" It was Joonmyun. Lu Han just shook his head, not even asking why they were here, and muttered a 'let's go' under his breath.

"But—" Whatever the boy was going to say got caught on his throat when Lu Han looked up. His eyes were red and tears were threatening to fall.

"Please." He pleaded. Joonmyun exchanged look with Yifan but the latter looked equally as lost as him. "Please, let's just go." Lu Han's voice broke and tears were now rolling from his cheek to his chin. Yifan closed his mouth, and although reluctant, he guided the older boy to where they parked the car. Joonmyun choose to volunteer to drive this time, Yifan taking the shot gun and Lu Han going straight to the back. The pair exchanged look. The older boy was now openly crying. He still had his hood up but it didn't hid the pain as he cried his heart out.

Joonmyun drove around the city, unsure of where to go.

By the time they parked in front of Lu Han's apartment building, the boy had stopped crying. Yet his eyes looked distant as he gaze outside of the window. The silence inside the car was uncomfortable but the pair didn't made a motion of asking Lu Han what happened. They wanted to the elder to tell them that.

After for what seemed like forever, Lu Han finally spoke and the words that came out of his mouth was heartbreaking yet not something unexpected.

It was nothing more than a whisper but the duo heard it loud and clear. 

"I'm already too late."

[ promise i won't take it personal when you're moving on with someone new cause baby you look happier, you do. ]

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TRACK 5: I GO CRAZY - D.H.T.

A year and a half had passed and he was less of an .

Even Baekhyun told him so.

He stopped partying and sleeping with random strangers. When he looked back, he couldn't even remember why he liked doing those things at one point. It was unhygienic as it was unhealthy. Much to his parents delight, Lu Han finally took his studies seriously and was now planning on attending a well known University in Seoul. He could return to Beijing, but Lu Han had decided to stay in Seoul until he graduates college. Life was finally turning for the best for Lu Han.

His ranked had only decreased but it was better than nothing. Baekhyun had told him once over a movie marathon in his place (they became friends again because according to the younger boy 'you look so pitiful already so I'm gonna forgive you and also to put a stop to how Chanyeol kept on whining of how much he misses you') that he was going to be an forever because of what he did to Minseok. Lu Han brushed the statement off with a laugh.

More or less, Baekhyun was right.

What he did to Minseok was unforgivable. And even Lu Han had not forgiven himself yet nor will he ever be.

But he had move on.

It took him some time to stop crying and fully accept that Minseok was already happy with someone.  Someone who wasn't him. It took some time to bring his life back on track and hide everything that reminded him of Minseok (with the exception of the photo frame on his side table. That earned him a raised eyebrow from Yifan but Lu Han only shrugged). But now, it was already safe to say that he feel not an ounce of longing or self-pity whenever the elder would be mentioned whenever they hang out.

Sure he still misses the boy every now and then but he was definite that he doesn't feel the same way anymore.

"What if you'd see him again? What will you do?" Jongin once asked in a midst of greasy french fries and cheese burger.

Lu Han thought hard about it. What would he do indeed? He could run toward him and hug him like the old times. He could also greet him casually. He could do a lot of things but he was sure of one thing: whatever it was that he'd do, there was no lingering feelings was going to be mixed along it. "Say hi I guess?" He answered upon noticing the expectant gazes directed to him. "I mean, we could be friends again. I don't mind. If I'd be honest, I miss his company." Lu Han answered truthfully.

Chanyeol nodded. "That sound legit." He said after chewing his fries thoroughly. "I heard somewhere that your ex can be the greatest friend that you'll ever had."

At that, Baekhyun gave him a look. "And where exactly did you heard about that?"

The chatter then shifted to interrogating Chanyeol on where he heard such fact. Lu Han joined in, throwing a few fries toward the boy before he eventually admitted that he heard it from a song. The Chinese boy laughed at his pouting together with everyone.

It was on a Wednesday morning that the reality of his situation, of where his feelings truly stand, hit him like a truck.

He was in his usual seat, feet stretched wide under the table and his mind on a far off distance as he doodled on his open book. The classroom was already in chaos as their homeroom teacher had yet to appear. There were a couple of classmates who were on a friendly wrestling match, some girls gossiping about the latest trend and others who were lost in their own world. It was almost funny when they scattered once their homeroom teacher finally arrived.

Lu Han didn't gave him that much of attention and resumed with his doodling so he failed to see the other person that entered alongside the old teacher. He also failed to notice how some of his classmates turned their attention to him until their homeroom teacher finally called their attention.

"I would like to make an announcement." The old man started. "Today, you're going to have a new classmate. Please introduce yourself."

The announcement made Lu Han look up from his notebook and he regretted decision as he locked eyes with a pair of very familiar slanted eyes. He could almost hear his heart stop beating as the grin he used to loved so much maned the person's face, showing his teeth and gums in the process of doing so. His mind started spinning as it slowly took in the form of the newcomer.

"Pleased to meet you."

Lu Han's heart leaped in his ribcage and he hadn't realized just how much he missed the voice until he finally heard it again.

"My name is Kim Minseok, I hope we all can be friends."

The shaky breath that left his lips made him realized just how much he wanted to leap up from his seat and engulf the person into a bone crushing hug and swallow his gasp with a hard kiss.

Lu Han realized, as Minseok stood in front of the class, that he still hasn't moved on yet and the feelings were back.

And it's stronger than ever.

[ just when i thought i was over you, i see your face and it just ain't true. i go crazy when i look in your eyes, i still go crazy. ]

 

 

PLAYLIST TWO:

 

 

 

 

 

lmao what is this?