Dumb&Dumber

Despicable Bacon

 

THE FORBIDDEN RELATIONSHIP. 

Weeks have passed, and  Baekhyun's ridiculous plan to take over the world has finally ceased (or so, it seems). Now, all that's left for Chanyeol is to confess his feelings, something which he never thought of doing before this whole tirade happened.

"It's okay Park Chanyeol... You can do it!" he encourages himself, his heart thumping against his ribcage like a drum.

He didn't know when he started liking Baekhyun 'romantically' per say. Romance didn't whisk him off at the start, like how fairytales normally portrayed love. But he supposed he started to love Baekhyun the more he got to know him. Baekhyun is the only one immune to his power, the only one not blind to his flaws. Despite his complaints, Baekhyun is the only one who accepts him and puts up with his nonsense. Maybe that's why Chanyeol started falling for him somehow. Chanyeol just only realised it when he suddenly disappeared.

Naturally, it comes as a shock to him when Baekhyun suddenly changed, as if he had been a completely different person (or minion) at the first place. It isn't like Baekhyun. Then again, did he really know who Baekhyun was? Did he actually listen to what he wanted to say?

Perhaps he's still far from being a good friend... or lover, after all.

Nonetheless, he doesn't want to let this chance slip away any further. He shall do the deal now.

"Baek," he addresses the minion, face taut with seriousness.

The minion gives him a bizarre look, as he questions, "Something wrong with you, Yeol? You look... serious."

"I..." he begins, biting on his lips. Of course he's serious! Even he would be serious when he's confessing. He has decided to confess on a whim, but when he faces Baekhyun, he suddenly realises he's at a loss for words. Ugh, maybe he should've thought about it carefully at the start...

"I..."

"...You?" Baekhyun asks, raising an eyebrow at the unusually stern guy.

"I... love bananas!" Chanyeol splurts out, but upon exclaiming that, he realises that's not what he wanted to say all along.

"I-I mean bacon!"

Ah this is going in the wrong way! Why can't he say that cursed word? 'Baekhyun'! 'Baekhyun'!

Baekhyun stares at the stuttering human, probably wondering what in the world is wrong with him. Then, as if a lightning bolt has struck across his head, he bursts into euphoric laughter that strangely sounds like mocking in Chanyeol's ears.

"So you like me. Okay," he bluntly states.

Baekhyun nods and he blinks, then Chanyeol follows suit.

Afterwards, an eerie silence descends for some odd reason. Chanyeol shifts his gaze away from the minion, unable to look him in the eye. The faint tinge of red in his cheeks probably says it all. Sure, Baekhyun can be stupid sometimes, but he's not as dense as Chanyeol. Chanyeol is kinda thankful for that.

Thereaater, Baekhyun asks cautiously, 'Wait... Do you mean it in that way?"

"O-Obviously! Must I explicitly state it out for you?" Chanyeol blubbers, though he isn't quite sure why he's feeling shy all of a sudden. It's probably a reflex action. He remembers learning it in Biology... although he has forgotten what it means. He isn't much of a  good student. Baekhyun is though, and that's partially why Chanyeol admires him. He's everything Chanyeol isn't.

Baekhyun gawks at him, as if he's not expecting Chanyeol to actually admit that.

Then, a smile surfaces on his face, as he asks, "So you're getting all serious over that? It's so unlike you, Yeol..."

"Don't brush it off like it's nothing! I'm actually treating this seriously, you know!" Chanyeol exclaims, a wave of embarrassment flooding his face. This isn't good. Before he hears Baekhyun's reply, he thinks he may collapse first.

Thankfully, Baekhyun appears to be stern now. His lips pursed, he appears to be contemplating Chanyeol's confession carefully. However, Chanyeol's nerves simply can't take it. He doesn't care much about anything else, but just the mere thought of Baekhyun rejecting him and him possibly tarnishing their friendship forever has already crippled him with fear. Of course that won't happen, he tells himself; Baekhyun won't abandon him just because of this. But still, there's a 'what if' in his head, and it's been bugging him like crazy.

What if...

"Frankly speaking, I don't like you, Yeol," Baekhyun bluntly says.

"What...?"

Chanyeol's face falls. He knows that Baekhyun never actually liked him. Baekhyun said so before after the minion invasion. Yet, hearing it from his mouth again really does hurt.

"You're annoying, troublesome, yet you have the best luck and everyone revolves around you like the moon revolving around the Earth. But..." Baekhyun pauses, his mouth displaying a wide grin as he continues, "At the same time, my life is incomplete without you, and I think if it's not for the flaws that you have, I won't have come to... appreciate your annoying existence so much."

Baekhyun's eyes have now become gentle, a slight red spreading across his cheeks, echoing the red on Chanyeol's cheeks. They probably look weird, like two ripe tomatoes. Nonetheless, Chanyeol figures it doesn't matter to him, not when Baekhyun is here with him.

And just as he thinks so, Baekhyun says, "I like you, Yeol. I don't know how this is going to work out... with our current states, but let's do this. I'll be the Romeo to your Juliet."

...

Silence again. This time, it's not a nervous one, but a comfortable 'what-are-we-doing' silence. And as soon as Chanyeol registers how ridiculous Baekhyun's words sound, he exclaims, "I... Yay- But wait, why am I Juliet? And why Romeo and Juliet? It's like you're wishing our relationship to become a tragedy, Baek!"

"Huh... I thought that was romantic," Baekhyun sighs with an indifferent voice.

"Find something more romantic than that, Baek! And I'm the man in this relationship!"

"You? The man? Please, who assigns these kinds of roles anymore? You're so old-fashioned, Yeol."

"Well, since it doesn't matter to you, that means I'm the man in this relationship, right?"

"Nonsense. Who said that'll happen-"

"But I'm larger!"

"Size doesn't matter here!"

And as such, the minion-human couple starts bickering again about useless things, just like old times. Nobody knows what 'romance' or 'love' will entail for the two, not when one is as short as a pea and one is as tall as Eiffel Tower. But surely they'll unite with their differences, and create even more magical sparks together.

"Look, Yeol. Don't tell this to anyone, especially not Chen. They're gonna tease us like hell for the rest of our lives," Baekhyun mutters, catching the knowing glint of his partner's eye.

"...Roger that."

And so, they live happily (minion) ever after. The end.

...Or do they?

 

THE HELPER (MAYBE). 

Everyone has always suspected something suspicious going on between the shortest minion and the tall human. The human has allowed the minion special privileges that no other minion would otherwise have, and they're always together. It's as if they're bubblegum stuck to each other.

So, of course, the ever nosy Chen decides to interrogate his new friends, Baekhyun and Chanyeol, for the gossiping pleasure of the minions and himself.

"Hey Baek!" he greets Baekhyun while poking the shorter minion's shoulder. Baekhyun's eyes dart towards the minion who has a strangely suspicious smirk on his face, probably wondering what kind of antics he has up in his sleeve.

"What's up, Dinosaur?"

"Hey, stop it or I'm gonna call you Bacon now!" the 'dinosaur' complains, pouting at the unamused minion.

Mirth lights up Chen's eyes as he nudges Baekhyun suggestively, all the while whispering near his ear, "You and Yeol. You guys are in love, aren't you?"

"W-What?!" Baekhyun exclaims and immediately takes a quick step away from the devious minion. In an instant, Chen erupts into fits of laughter. As he observes how Baekhyun's cheeks are flushed red, he knows all their suspicions have been confirmed. Those two idiots... They think they can keep their relationship secret in front of him? Hah, no way he's gonna let them have all the fun themselves!

"So it's true, huh? How mean! And you guys kept it from me all along? Tsk tsk. Oh, but won't it be strange, hm? I mean, you are a minion and Yeol's a human-" he says, but is abruptly cut off when Baekhyun's hand slams tight against his mouth, preventing him from speaking any further.

"Mmmfffff!" Chen groans, only emitting muffled sounds.

"Shut up! Don't say weird things that may cause misunderstandings. Who wants to be with a stupid guy like Park Chanyeol?" Baekhyun hisses in the softest volume ever, his orbs surveying the surroundings, sending death glares to anyone who is to send them a questioning look.

Nonetheless, this doesn't faze the most thick-skinned minion ever. Instead, it only fuels his wild imagination.

"Oh... So you're a tsundere, huh, Baek? You act tough, but actually, you're soft in the inside-"

Chen hasn't even finished his sentence when Baekhyun's gaze turns eerily cold. Slowly, the shorter minion starts to smile, but not in an affable way. Instead, it sends shivers down Chen's spine.

"You know, Jongdae, you've never beaten me when it comes to pranking."

Suddenly, memories of his humiliation surface in his mind. Out of fun, he decides to challenge Baekhyun in a competition of pranking. Basically, the two are to prank each other in a span of two weeks and see who gets more successful pranks than the other.

And until now, he still refuses to believe that Baekhyun has won him 20-2. How is that even possible?! Either Baekhyun is really a genius at avoiding pranks, or he has an accomplice. He suspects it's none other than that giant, who had loitered around him more than often in those two weeks.

But even so, Chen has never managed to escape Baekhyun's pranks before. They are all extremely well-planned and deadly. Once you're caught in Baekhyun's pranks, there's no getting out of it. And for sure, he doesn't want that to happen again to him.

Traitors... I'll definitely dig this truth out from you someday!

Chen does not let his fear show through his face. He only musters a sheepish smile, nods, and runs off to the distance.

 

His next target: Park Chanyeol.

That human would definitely be easier to deal with than Baekhyun. He's always so hopelessly naive and straightforward, and he'll surely blurt out the truth should Chen ask.

"Hey Yeol! Are you and Baek going out?"

The human is frozen, just like Chen has expected. At this rate, he may get a confession from Chanyeol sooner than expected. Mission successful.

"N-No! Why do you say that?" the giant questions, although his red face clearly tells him otherwise. Besides, him stumbling about like an idiot doesn't help things either. He's an even worse liar than Baekhyun.

"Oh really? Then why are you stuttering? Unless you have something to hide..." Chen trails off, his eyes gleaming something sinister. Chanyeol shudders, eyes shifting away from Chen's piercing orbs.

"I-It's your imagination..."

Chen's gaze suddenly softens. His eyes dart about to check if there are any suspicious figures about. When he realises nobody's around them to eavesdrop, he closes in.

"Look Yeol, I won't tell anyone. I'm your friend, right? It's only right that I know about your relationship."

Chen's deceptively soothing voice is wavering Chanyeol's heart, and Chen knows it. With how Chanyeol's lips are trembling, he suspects that he'll spill the beans out soon.

And Chen is always right. Except for the part when he lost to Baekhyun. That's the only exception which Chen prefers not to remember.

Of course, since Chanyeol has decided to spill everything out, it also means telling Chen on their 'progress'. Which means nothing much. In order to force these two dorks with no romantic sense to have some interactions together, Chen has to do something drastic. Like the best friend he is.

He smirks.

 

"Park Chanyeol! It's you, isn't it?" Baekhyun shrieks, storming to find his new boyfriend.

"Ah, are you guys acting lovey dovey already? How cute!" a grandfather bellows out at them while cackling at the 'romantic' sight. On the other hand, Chanyeol blinks cluelessly until a sudden realisation hits him.

"KIM JONGDAE!!!" he yells out, in search of that sneaky minion. However, Chen is nowhere to be found amidst the crowd of minions.

"Park Chanyeol... I guess this means a punishment for you," Baekhyun grins deviously, that same mischievous glint surfacing in his eyes.

Chanyeol sweat drops. It may seem like he's huge, but truthfully he feels very small in front of Baekhyun. And Baekhyun's punishments are always cruel.

He silently curses at Chen. That nosy guy will pay for poking his nose into business it doesn't belong to.

 

JERRY&TOM.

"But really, Yeol? Your confession right off the bat is 'I love bananas'? How romantic."

"It's just a slip of the tongue! I bet you would be just like me if you confessed."

"Nah. I'm not so dumb like you."

"Dumb? You're the dumber one, Baek! Who's the one who planned that minion invasion fiasco and dragged me into it?"

"Oh, you're bringing in things in the past now? Guess you need a prank up call-"

"Psh, did you forget? I've always been your partner-in-crime all along. Your prankery won't affect me. I have my trickery too!"

"Hmm, try me then, D-u-m-b-e-r~"

"You're Dumber!"

 

THE AUTHOR'S CORNER.
Yep, it's the end. There's barely any actual romance but I feel like romance is too ill-fitting for this story lol (plus I always have the tendency to crackify things). Anyway, thank you guys for bearing with me for four chapters of absolute ridiculousness. Hope you guys have enjoyed this story! :D P.S. At the end of the day, is Tom really Chanyeol and Jerry really Baekhyun? Honestly, I think it's the other way round lol ;)
 

panda ri.