(2)

Eight Years Before;Eight Years Later
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"OPPA SMILE FOR THE CAMERA!" Tiffany shouts (hollers) at him in English. Siwon refrains himself from wincing and flashes a convincing enough smile to Tiffany's very pink phone. Tiffany, thankfully, is content with his service and leaves him to film someone else. Siwon sits back against the leather seats of the booth and watches the scene before him lazily.

It's Shindong's birthday bash and it seems like he invited almost everyone from SM. Amber and Luna were chatting animatedly with the DBSK Hyungs near the refreshment table. Four of the SNSD girls were seated at the bar counter, sipping on alcoholic drinks as they talk. The EXO boys were dancing on the dance floor and the rest of Siwon's groupmates were messing along with them. Siwon's eyes move to the far left of the dance floor where a familiar head of blonde along with two brunettes were moving along to the music. He cracks a small smile as watches Hyoyeon body roll and pop and lock to the beat. No one ever could control that girl, really. 

"Siwon," Hyoyeon looked straight at him, a glint in her eye. She stretched out her hand. "Come dance with me." 
Siwon shook his head. "I have to study." 
"That's all you ever do," Hyoyeon did a dramatic eye-roll. "Let loose and have some fun. We've been studying those Chinese idioms for hours now." 
The dark-haired girl grasped both of Siwon's arms and pulled him to his feet. She grinned up at the taller boy as the tempo of the music started to quiken and right at the beat drop, Hyoyeon started busting out a chain of impressive moves. Siwon laughs. "Dance!" Hyoyeon laughed as she spun around him in a circle, narrowly missing the flower vase on the table as she did so. She was right though, Siwom had to admit; nearly four hours of straight studying was starting to take a toll on his mind and an impromptu dance break in the living room of their could do some help. So, following Hyoyeon's lead, he started moving his body. 
Hyoyeon, he had observed, didn't care about how she moved. It was all natural for her, like a fish in water. She didn't pay attention to the beat changes, simply moved along with the music however it made her too. She was smiling so wide her eyes were just a line, cheeks flushed from laughing and hair flying behind her. The music continued and so did Siwon, just that he wasn't paying attention to it. Not how it comes to Hyoyeon naturally, but because the girl entranced him and captured his senses. Siwon couldn't see anything else besides how she moved and how pretty she was. When she grabbed his hand and held it in hers, Siwon felt his heart skip a beat. 
That, and Siwon knew he had fallen for her. 

An hour later, Siwon finds that he needs to takes a breather from all the alcohol and pumping music. Siwon downs the rest of his beer and places it onto the table. He slips out the bar and takes the elevator up to the rooftop garden. The moment the door opens, Siwon sees a lone petite figure by the edge of the garden, leaning on the metal railing and staring out into the Seoul night sky. 

"Hyoyeon." His voice comes out slightly scratchy. Hyoyeon's head snaps to Siwon's direction as he takes his spot next to her. Her eyes are wide and illuminated by the moonlight. She doesn't say anything. 
"It's beautiful, isn't it?" Siwon says quietly. Hyoyeon nods mutely. The silence continues on for another agonizing minute and Siwon wishes that she would say something to him. Anything.
When she actually does, Siwon's heart palpitates. "What are you doing here?" 
Her voice is velvety and soft, but that doesn't distract Siwon from the slight tremble in it. "I needed to take a break from the party," he replies. "What about you?" 
"Me too, I guess," Hyoyeon shrugs.
Siwon raises an eyebrow. "You had never needed a break from parties." 
Hyoyeon looks at him directly. Siwon stares back, unable to free himself from her gaze. "People change," she states and then loo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter