(4)

Eight Years Before;Eight Years Later
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What took you so long?" Sooyoung asks casually when she returns to the bar. It's a simple question but Hyoyeon tenses up anyway.
"Um, lost my way?" She offers, hoping that Sooyoung would drop the topic.
"This place isn't that big plus there are signs like everywhere," Sooyoung says suspiciously.

Thankfully, Heechul clearing his voice into the mike steals her attention.
"Alright," Heechul announces grandly once the place had quieten down. "If you all could move to the centre where birthday boy Shindong is and sing the song, cut the cake and then we can go home and sleep instead of wasting our time here-"
He gets cut off by a smack to the back by Shindong and roars with laughter. Hyoyeon chuckles a rolls her eyes; boys will be boys. She along with the others shift to crowd in the middle where Shindong's huge cake was. The birthday boy gets surrounded by the other SMTowners immediately, half of them wanting to get near the cake rather than Shindong, and Hyoyeon catches a glimpse of a light blue button-up amongst the flashy reds and pink. She knows who it is. The other girls stray over to the side hoping to get a little firsthand taste of the cream and Hyoyeon is abandoned and alone in the sea of bodies.

The boy in the blue button-up and jet black hair moves closer. Hyoyeon starts to panic. She can't move anywhere; she had just realised most of her fellow lablemates are much taller than her with bigger built bodies as compared to her tiny frame.
The boy in the blue button-up is like a skyscraper next to her, no doubt. Siwon siddles up to her side naturally and his hand brushes against hers. Hyoyeon feels like she's about to vomit out butterflies. She frowns internally. Ew, get a hold of yourself.

"Hyoyeon," Siwon says deep and alluring. "Stop moving away from me. There's not much space for you to do the fidgety crab-walk thing you're doing."
Hyoyeon's confused by his words at first but when she nearly steps on some other person's foot behind her, she understands that she had been trying to escape from his side. Siwon places a hand on her wrist and pulls her back, flashing an apologetic smile to the person whose foot almost got stepped on and apologises like the gentleman he is.

He doesn't remove his hand even when they start to sing the birthday song. Hyoyeon doesn't want to cause a scene, especially in front of their company so she forces on a smile and sings the s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter