(5)

Eight Years Before;Eight Years Later
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Things do get more comfortable between them after that. On the rare days they have a schedule at the same location, Siwon normally comes to find Hyoyeon at SNSD's waiting room and then drags her around the building. When they see each other in the SM hallways, they stop and chat and grab a coffee after that. Apart from that, the two exchange text messages continuously. In variety shows, when they're asked to call a friend, Siwon would always call Hyoyeon and vice versa. 

In fact, they get so close that their members suspect they're dating. Siwon tells her about how Eunhyuk and Donghae get jealous about their close relationship (even though they refuse admit it), and they share a good laugh. Yuri and Sooyoung are constantly breathing up Hyoyeon's neck, giggling madly every time she gets a text from Siwon and then parading round the dorm shouting about how right they are. 

"Oh Hyoyeon," Taeyeon sighs exasperatedly one day. Yuri and Sooyoung are chanting 'Hyoyeon and Siwon' repeatedly like broken voice recorders and Yoona looks about ready to join them. "Just announce that the both of you are dating already so that they'll shut up." 
"But we're not," comes Hyoyeon's innocent reply. 
"Yes, you are," Sunny smirks from the other end of the couch. "I don't think 'good friends' call and text each other every two minutes." 
Hyoyeon's phone chimes again and the screen lights up, displaying the name 'Siwon'. Sunny raises a suggestive eyebrow and pokes the blonde with her toe. Hyoyeon blushes furiously. 
"It's not like that," she mumbles, embarrassed. 
"But thinking about it," Tiffany suddenly voices out. She sits up from her lying position on the carpet and frowns at Hyoyeon. "You and Siwon oppa used to be really awkward before." 
Hyoyeon remembers that she has never actually told the girls that she and Siwon were in a relationship. She fidgets awkwardly as the members' curious gazes fix on her. 
"Y-yeah," she stutters nervously. "I mean we used to awkward but we've worked it out now." 
Sunny looks at her doubtfully. "Did something happen in Beijing, Hyo?"
Well, it happened a long time ago. What difference would it make if she told them now? "Siwon and I...dated..." 
Sunny nearly falls off the couch, Taeyeon's eyes are so wide they look like they're about to pop out of their sockets and Tiffany chokes on air. 
"What?!" Their America-born friend splutters. "Why didn't you tell us earlier?" 
"I dunno. Just didn't seem that important."
"But what matters now is that you two are okay," Sunny butts in, "and we will kindly act as if you've told us from the start that you were in a relationship with Choi Siwon." 
"Why, thank you guys," Hyoyeon smiles sacarstically. "I love y'all too." With that, the blonde rises from her seat and stretches, announcing that she was going t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter