Run Devil Run Part 2

Athena

 

Yoona made her way to the rooftop. As much as she missed her friends, she still needed some alone time. She needs time to gather her thoughts together. She felt happy that she’s finally back. She’s been homesick since leaving Korea. She missed eating the street foods, going shopping with the girls at the bazaars, going to the park across the street from her house for their weekly picnic, and most importantly, she missed a certain someone named Kim Myungsoo. As much as she hated to admit it, she’s still sprung on him. No use lying to myself. But at the same time, her heart was torn. The situation is rather difficult. She doesn’t want to get back with him, but rather, she wants to get back at him. Or so she says…

As soon as she opened the door and laid eyes on the sleeping figure on the single blue bench on the spacious rooftop, she felt her heart race, and her breath caught in , she cursed at herself. Her heart contradicted what was in her mind. The thought of revenge was momentarily washed away by the feeling of excitement, of longing, and of pure bliss by just seeing him. Even after all those years, she still recognized Myungsoo from anywhere.

Her heels clicked on the concrete as she made her way slowly to him; making sure to be careful not to wake him up. Get ready for the surprise of your lifetime.

“Get up.” Yoona tried to imitate her sister’s trademark icy voice. She felt foolish, but she maintained her posture and stoic face. She doesn’t want him to think that she’s ecstatic and excited to see him. He doesn’t deserve it.

“One more minute.” Myungsoo grumbled in his sleep clearly unaware of Yoona’s presence.

“Fine.” At that reply, Myungsoo’s eyes shot open. He’s heard that cold, short answer dozens of times before, whenever Yoona is irritated.

His eyes met with Yoona’s dark brown orbs. All the warmth was gone from her. Where was the cheery, bright Yoona? He felt something from looking at her expression, what was that? Oh yeah, hurt. And he knew damn well he’s the one who caused it.

“How long have you been back?” He decided to break the silence and the stare off.

“Just last night.” Her short replies, gave away how she was feeling.

Myungsoo felt an unknown feeling of frustration. He ran his hand through his hair, stood up, and made his way to the door. Before he could turn the knob, however, Yoona managed to find her voice without it cracking.

“Is it really that easy to walk away from me?”

He turned around to look at her. He swore he saw a tear roll down to her cheeks. Yoona looked at him one last time and turned her back at him. She grabbed the railing in front of her and gathered whatever courage and firmness is left of her and said, “Go ahead, turn your back at me. Isn’t that what you’re best at anyways?”

Myungsoo felt a sick feeling in his stomach, but there wasn’t anything he felt he could  He’d only hurt her more. He slammed the door and waited at the other side. He felt weak. His knees gave up on him, and slowly his body slid down against the cold metal. From the other side he could hear Yoona’s cries. Myungsoo was sure Yoona hated him. But not as much as he hated himself.