Chapter 4

As For Me
*knock knock*
 
 
 
“Come in.”
 
 
 
A familiar blond showed up from Mr.Kim’s office door with a cup of coffee and bagel in hand.
 
 
 
“What brings you here kid?”
 
 
 
MoonByul sat down at one of the chairs in the office, before offering the breakfast she bought for the man.
 
 
 
 
“I just decide to come to school earlier this morning. Thought you might need a boost.”
 
 
 
 
The old man just smiles, brightly enough to make the wrinkle around his eyes to be seen.
 
 
 
 
“Why can’t YongSun be more like you? I just wish she would stop thinking about school and reputation just for a second and return to be the happy girl she was.”
 
 
 
 
MoonByul just stares at the old man sad eyes, which were looking outside the big window of his office where a flock of birds could be seen flying freely up the sky.
 
 
 
 
“You know it’s not easy for her too Uncle. She has a great family name to live up to.”
 
 
 
 
Mr.Kim let out a small sigh before turning to look at the blond again, this time with a warm gaze in his eyes.
 
 
 
 
“It’s my fault that I let her mother go right?”
 
 
 
 
MoonByul could feel the heaving atmosphere which was slowly creating a lump in , making it harder for her to answer the man’s question. The words were scratching in , in attempt to come out in the most decent way possible.
 
 
 
 
“Sometimes some things in this world aren’t just meant to be Uncle. And letting her go or not, she still care for YongSun and YongHee, if not she would never send me messages regarding YongSun whereabouts everytime.”
 
 
 
 
The old man slowly nods his head in agreement. It sometimes surprise him of how matured MoonByul is, unlike his daughter who would never actually see the world in a bigger picture and possibility.
 
 
 
 
“How about you MoonByul? How’s your treatment going and I heard you skipped school yesterday, were you sick?”
 
 
 
 
The old man asked in concern but it caused a chuckle to form on the blond’s lips instead.
 
 
 
 
“If it wasn’t for you Uncle, I wouldn’t be here now and to answer your question yes, my treatment is going well. Well I caught a cold yesterday but I’m fine now.”
 
 
 
 
The old man nods again and the school bell rings just in time, indicating that the blond should take her leave. She was already making her way to the door when the old man suddenly called her back.
 
 
 
 
“Here, take this. There’s around 50000won in here. Should be enough for you to spend the weekend.”
 
 
 
 
A brown envelope was offered to the blond but she just smiled and rejected it instead.
 
 
 
 
“It’s okay Uncle. I have my saving. I owed you and Ms.Kim enough plus you know how angry she’ll be if she knows you’re giving me money. Let me just complete my job to pay you before I could receive anything from your family. Thank you Uncle.”
 
 
 
 
The blond closes the door behind her not before bowing politely to the school teacher. Such a nice kid you’re Moon ByulYi.
--
Solar entered her classroom today in hope that the hamster blond would be at her usual seat (which she just knows where yesterday) but she a frown made its way to her face when the blond was not there, only her bag was lazily placed on the table. Well, at least I know she’s here.
 
 
 
 
Solar greeted all her classmates today like she always do and when Irene came, she immediately pulled the girl into a hug causing all other girls to squeal in envy. If only they knew it was all a lie.
 
 
 
 
The two sat together and chat about empty stuff when Solar saw MoonByul appears in front of her class door. A smile immediately grow on her face but was removed right after she saw EunAe, holding MoonByul’s hand beside her. Her hand started forming fist after seeing EunAe stealing a kiss on MoonByul’s cheek and surprisingly the girl even reciprocate it with a hand kiss. You gotta be kidding me!
 
 
 
 
 
Irene noticed the flame in Solar’s eyes and she smirks before she decided to tease the other girl.
 
 
 
 
“Jealous much?”
 
 
 
 
A punch landed on her forearm and that causes the beauty to groan in pain.
 
 
 
 
“Ouch! That’s not necessary Yong!”
 
 
 
 
“Shut up.”
 
 
 
 
Solar huff a frustrated breath when MoonByul walked into the class and still have the guts to smile at her, to smile so sickly addicting to me!
 
 
 
 
Irene just laughs it off before escaping from the jealous dinosaur.
 
 
 
 
Solar spares a look at MoonByul do you know what’s the most annoying part? MoonByul is actually holding the cheek that EunAe had kissed and she was blushing! She was goddamn blushing!
--
YongSun went home early that day. She decided to just call off the meeting with MoonByul regarding their trip to Bucheon’s all-girls-school since she felt like her fist was going to land on the blond’s cheek if she sees her(specifically the cheek EunAe had kissed).
 
 
 
 
She arrived at Irene’s home that night when she decided to ask about the thing that has been lingering in her mind since few days ago.
 
 
 
 
“Hyun, how come you know MoonByul walks to school?”
 
 
 
 
Solar saw the hesitant in Irene’s eyes but soon it was replaced by the previously calm gaze.
 
 
 
 
“You know I have a crush on SeulGi right? There’s this one day I saw MoonByul and SeulGi walked home together when SeulGi’s parents were out of country. That’s when I know.”
 
 
 
 
Despite Irene’s calm tone, it’s obvious that she was blushing when she had to say her crush name which causes Solar to smile.
 
 
 
 
“You really like that SeulGi girl right? Why didn’t you just confess.”
 
 
 
 
Irene let out a sigh before putting her chopsticks on the table and placing her eyes on Solar’s face.
 
 
 
 
“I’m scared. What if she doesn’t like me?”
 
 
 
 
“Well, shame for her if she rejects someone like you.”
 
 
 
 
Irene soon smiled again before mouthing a ‘thank you’ to the brunette in which she earns a flying kiss in return.
 
**
Hoooooooo~ Maybe for the next chapter will be start of Byul spending some time with Yong and more secrets to be revealed soon~ Enjoy! and its Mamamoo's 3rd Year <3; JH