Chapter 2

As For Me
“You’re late Yong.”
 
 
 
 
Those were the first word thrown to her the moment she stepped into her girlfriend’s house, or as people believed.
 
 
 
 
Solar and Irene met during junior high and quickly became best buddy. After constantly receiving confessions from too many boys, both party decided that they act like couple around the school compound. Having the excessive popularity, they had to continue the act even after entering the all-girls-high school, due to all rumours that had been spread out by their previous schoolmate.
 
 
 
 
“Sorry Hyun, I had to settle things at school.”
 
 
 
Solar removed the gap between them by back-hugging Irene who was cooking at the kitchen. Solar smiled as she inhaled the rosy scent of her best friend causing it to tickle the latter.
 
 
 
 
“How about you go get some shower first? Dinner will be ready soon.”
 
 
 
“Okay.”
 
 
 
Solar left the latter not before stealing a kiss on the girl’s cheek which cause a bright smile to form on the latter’s lips. Despite having such comfortable relationship with one another, they always reminded themselves that all of these were just act and not to mention that Irene had a crush with girl next class. Solar herself admit that she never been ually attracted to Irene despite how they had been keeping their relationship.
--
After having a refreshing shower and done wearing Irene’s oversized t-shirt, Solar made her way to the dining room where Irene had already been waiting for her.
 
 
 
 
“Thanks for the meal.”
 
 
 
They both said in unison before digging up the various types of food prepared by Irene on the table.
 
 
 
Unlike Solar, Irene lives in Korea alone while her parents are busy managing business in Chicago. Irene’s parents and Solar’s parents had known each other even before the two girls met, which explains why both party are accepting towards their relationship.
 
 
 
“JooHyun I have something to ask you.”
 
 
 
“Spill.”
 
 
 
“Do you know Moon ByulYi? The girl with blond hair.”
 
 
Irene halted on her eating before staring deep into her friend’s eyes. Irene noticed the crimson red face of the brunette and she’s not stupid to not know why her friend was asking about the blond.
 
 
 
“I guess. What about her? Isn’t she your classmate?”
 
 
“Just asking. I’ll be going to Bucheon for the ‘Teach and Receive’ program with her. She’s my partner.”
 
 
“So?”
 
 
Solar just rolled her eyes upon the nonchalant response. Typical Irene being Irene.
 
 
 
“Well, I figured I better try get to know her you know, since we’ll be working together. But for some reason she seemed to be in a hurry so I didn’t have to chance to initiate any conversation with her.”
 
 
 
That makes Irene whole body froze and it didn’t go unnoticed by the brunette.
 
 
 
“Was it raining when you guys separated?”
 
 
Despite being confused by her friend’s question, she simply answered with a nod cause yeah, it was raining then.
 
 
 
Upon receiving the brunette’s answer, Irene rushed to her phone and hastily dialled a number.
 
 
 
“Hey EunAe. Its me, Irene. Could you check up on MoonByul?”
 
 
 
Solar just sat there, waiting for her friend to end the phone call but she would be lying to herself if she said she wasn’t worried when her friend started acting that way.
 
 
“I knew it. Just tell her that I said ‘get well soon’ okay? Thanks EunAe.”
 
 
 
Solar frowned when she heard what her friend said. Get well soon?
 
 
 
“Thanks to you that girl is sick. Congratulations Solar Kim. You successfully made a great first impression on her.”
 
 
 
Solar eyes widened. What the hell?
 
 
 
“How come?”
 
 
 
“MoonByul lives alone and she walks to school everyday. Doesn’t it make sense to you that walking in the rain would definitely make her sick?”
 
 
Solar felt guilt washed all over her. No wonder she was in a rush. If only I didn’t try to talk to her then maybe she could arrive before the rain pour.
 
 
 
“I don’t know. Let’s just see whether she’ll show up or not tomorrow.”
--
Irene estimation was right. Solar entered class that morning only to know that the girl had taken a break due to high fever. Thanks to the guilty feelings, she had decided to ask MoonByul’s group of friends for her address as to go and visit the sick kid.
 
 
 
“O-of course we could give it to you but, I don’t think she would be thrilled to have you at her house.”
 
 
Solar crossed her arms and frowned upon the answer given by the girl named SoMi.
 
 
 
“And why is that?”
 
 
 
“It’s because MoonByul hates having strangers at her house plus it would be burdensome for her to have such rich girl like you around.”
 
 
 
Another girl with dark brown hair showed up, interrupting their conversation.
 
 
 
 
Wow, this girl. Is that sarcasm there?
 
 
 
 
“Stop it EunAe. Just give it to her.”
 
 
 
 
Solar turns to the direction of the voice and she recognized the girl as SeulGi, the school dance team leader. EunAe? The one JooHyun talked to yesterday?
 
 
 
 
“Oh come on! Byul won’t like it Sseul!”
 
 
 
 
“We’ll informed her EunAe and it’s not like she have bad reason to see Byul. She’s just visiting, right Miss Solar Kim?”
 
 
 
 
SeulGi force suddenly made Solar the stone head become a kind lamb. She just response with a nod which earns a smile from SeulGi.
 
 
 
 
“See? Don’t worry Solar, I can give her address to you. Give me your phone.”
 
 
 
 
Solar gave her phone to SeulGi and in matter of seconds, she accomplished her mission.
 
 
 
 
“Thanks SeulGi.”
 
 
 
 
“No problem Solar. And you EunAe, you know Byul hates it when you’re being rude to people.”
 
 
 
 
“Whatever.”
 
 
 
 
And by that EunAe left the spot and Solar unconsciously grinned.
 
 
 
 
“Sorry about her. She’s just protective over Byul. She’s known Byul the longest among us, which explains it.”
 
 
 
 
The words slightly caused scars to grow on her fragile heart. She must mean a lot to Byul.
**
Guess who the friends are hahahaha. I just love their interactions in IDOT and gosh D.ana is such sweety I fell hahahah. ;JH