Chapter 3

As For Me

Solar was already in front of MoonByul’s house without herself realising with a warm porridge in her hand. What the hell am I doing?

--

*knock knock*

 

 

 

“MoonByul you’re there?”

 

 

 

Solar held her breath hard when she heard the rustling sound behind the door, indicating thatthe blond is approaching the door.

 

 

 

MoonByul eyes widened the moment she opened the door and saw Solar, still in her school uniform with a plastic bag in her hand.

 

 

 

Meanwhile Solar felt her heart clenched at the sight of MoonByul in thick jumper and a cold-paste pasted on her forehead. Her nose was red and runny and her eyes were swollen red too.

 

 

 

“S-solar. What can I help you with?”

 

 

 

Solar closed her eyes in pain when she felt the hoarse voice of MoonByul and the clogged nose was definitely not helping either. Why does she felt hurt even if she’s not the one in pain now?

 

 

 

 

“May I come in?”

 

 

 

 

MoonByul seemed flustered upon Solar’s request but being the kind soul she was, she opened the door wide for Solar to enter before closing it back after the brunette had stepped into her humble abode.

 

 

 

 

Solar scanned the whole house and the total space might be even smaller than her own bedroom. It breaks Solar heart when she sees the medicines on MoonByul’s coffee table, and how the sofa was filled with holes here and there already.

 

 

 

“I’m sorry it wasn’t much. Must be surprising to see such shabby place right?”

 

 

 

 

Solar turned to look at MoonByul who was chuckling bitterly upon her own sentence. It caught the brunette off guard of how MoonByul was describing her expression with such sentence.

 

 

 

 

“No it’s not! It’s good considering you live alone.”

 

 

 

“You don’t have to lie Solar. I get that a lot already. Why are you here by the way and how did you find my house?”

 

 

 

 

And again MoonByul once again caught Solar off guard at how yesterday she was so scared and shy and suddenly her voice seemed to be filled with confidence and show off.

 

 

 

 

“I just came to give you this. Thought you might need some warm food. And I got your address from SeulGi, I hope you’re not mad that I’m invading your privacy.”

 

 

 

 

Solar held out her hand that was holding the plastic bag with chicken porridge inside. MoonByul stared into her eyes for a while, causing her heart to skip a beat, before offering the brunette the most charming nose muscle smile ever as the blond mouthed a ‘thanks’.

 

 

 

 

“How about you go lie in your room while I get this ready?”

 

 

 

 

“Sounds good.”

--

Solar entered MoonByul’s room with a bowl filled with chicken porridge only to find the blond was dozing off and Solar couldn’t deny that sleeping MoonByul is the most adorable thing ever and she wouldn’t mind seeing it everyday. Wow, get a hold of yourself YongSun!

 

 

 

 

Being the light sleeper she had always been, MoonByul immediately opened her eyes after hearing the sound of Solar’s footsteps that was approaching her bed.

 

 

 

 

“Sorry, did I woke you up?”

 

 

 

 

 

“Nah, I’m always a light sleeper. Come here, sit with me.”

 

 

 

 

Solar hesitantly sat next to the blond and it bothers her how the blond smells so addicting despite being sick. She offers the warm porridge to the blond but a frown forms on her face when the blond didn’t grab the bowl instead she just opened wide.

 

 

 

 

“What are you doing?”

 

 

 

 

“Feed me.”

 

 

 

 

Solar blushed madly at the blond’s request. Where is that shy hamster I met yesterday?!

 

 

 

 

She didn’t decline though, instead she feed a mouthful of the porridge into the blond’s mouth who smiled widely after tasting the delicious porridge.

 

 

 

 

“Where did you buy this?”

 

 

 

The blond asked nonchalantly as she continued to chew on the porridge. Solar on the other hand blushes again before responding to the blond.

 

 

 

 

“I didn’t buy this actually. I made it myself. Irene taught me how.”

 

 

 

 

MoonByul stares into the brunette’s eyes but this time it was different from the stare she gave when the brunette gave her the porridge, instead this stare somehow shows envy and regret in it.

 

 

 

 

“Must be good to have such supportive girlfriend right?”

 

 

 

 

Solar froze upon the blond’s sentence. Silence made it way in the petite room as the brunette tried to push her brain to give a decent answer to the sudden question.

 

 

 

 

“Irene’s a nice person. Whether she’s your girlfriend or not, she’ll always be happy to lend a hand.”

 

 

 

A nod was all the brunette received from the blond. It made her wonder why does the blond sounds so sad while talking about this whole girlfriend topic. As the thought of the blond is maybe having a crush on someone made the brunette nausea.

 

 

 

 

“It’s already late Solar. You should head back home now. Thanks for coming and the porridge too.”

 

 

 

 

Once again, the killer smile made it way to the blond’s perfectly sculptured lips and it never fails to turn the brunette into a strawberry.

 

 

 

 

“Glad I could help.”

 

 

 

 

Soon, the brunette was already out of the blond’s private space. She lied back on her bed before her phone screen suddenly turns bright, indicating that a message had entered.

 

 

 

 

Ms.Kim : Why did she came to your house?

 

 

 

 

The blond’s sigh automatically finds its way out. When will this woman learn to trust me a liitle bit.

 

 

 

 

MoonByul : She came to visit me because I’m sick. Nothing to worry about Ms.Kim.

 

 

 

 

Ms.Kim : Remember Moon, keep your distance from her. She cannot know.

 

 

 

 

MoonByul : Trust me Ms.Kim. She won’t.

 

**

Next chapter will probably be describing more about Byul. Its not a promise though ;) Depends on my mood~ Enjoy this chapter! ;JH