-3-

My Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was nearing the end of September when Mingyu found out that he was selected to sing in a special choir. He was one of the only people that was selected, which surprised him. Mingyu just went to try out for experience and to perform one of his favorite songs professionally. Seungkwan and Seokmin were also chosen for the choir, which didn't surprise him. On every Wednesday and Friday afterschool he had to go to the chorus room to practice the music that was given to them. The chorus room is shared with the band room because of funding but luckily they were able to practice in one of the practice rooms. Mingyu had been given the news on a Friday which meant that he had to stay afterschool on a Friday AND wasn't able to go to the diner with Wonwoo afterschool. The bell rang and Mingyu made his way to English where he would have to tell Wonwoo the news. 

Mingyu was making his way down the hall to English until someone pushed him from behind. "Hey!" he yelled and turned around to see Wonwoo smirking behind him. "Wonwoo, that's not funny. I could've gotten hurt" Mingyu pouted and Wonwoo just shook his head. "So anything exciting happen in chorus?" Wonwoo asked as they continued to walk down the hall to English. 

Mingyu sighed and looked at his friend "I can't go get milkshakes with you today." Wonwoo almost stopped walking but he didn't and just looked back at Mingyu "What? Why? Did something bad happen?" Mingyu looked at the ground feeling bad for upsetting the shorter. "Nothing bad. Do you remember when I tried out for the city choir?" He asked and Wonwoo nodded his head "Well it turns out that I got in" Wonwoo looked at Mingyu in shock. "YOU MADE IT!! Oh my gosh, you did it!!! I'm so proud of you!" Wonwoo yelled and hugged a shocked Mingyu. "I can't believe that you actually made it!" He said and continued to hug Mingyu who was just standing there with Wonwoo's arms around his neck. Slowly Mingyu wrapped his arms around Wonwoo who seemed to be happier than himself. 

Once Wonwoo realized that they were hugging in the hallway next to their English class he quickly let go of Mingyu. "Uh, sorry. I'm so glad you made it. How about we go for lunch next Saturday to celebrate?" Wonwoo asked, he pushed the idea of asking Mingyu out on a date instead to the back of his thoughts. Mingyu thought about it, "So October seventh, I'll have to check to make sure I'm not busy that day. You know I'm a very busy person." Wonwoo hit Mingyu's shoulder "I know you're free that day, we have each others schedules on our phones. So don't try to trick me" 

Mingyu smiled and looked at Wonwoo "Fine you caught me, I'm free. Per usual." He said and then they walked into English as the bell rang.

Joshua looked at the pair as he saw them walk into class "I thought that you guys were going to be late! What were you doing?" He asked, Joshua had seen them hugging outside the classroom a minute ago and wondered if one of them finally confessed to the other. "Mingyu made the city choir!" Wonwoo squealed and most of the class looked at Mingyu including the teacher. "Congratulations Kim Mingyu!" the teacher said and the class echoed their teacher. "Ok, now back to class. I'll be putting all of you in pairs for our next mini unit". The teacher started to call off names and Mingyu hoped that he would be partnered with one of his friends.

"Joshua and Seokmin, you'll be partners. These are your seats." Joshua looked over at his partner to see that he was absorbed in a book. He got up and walked over to his partner "Hello! I'm Joshua" Seokmin looked up after hearing him talk. "Hello!! I'm Seokmin. Of course you already knew that but whatever. I'm new to this school my family just moved here! Nice to meet you!" He said and smiled brightly at his partner. Ok, good. I kinda like my partner, at least I didn't get one of the quiet kids. Joshua said and sat down next to his partner. 

"Ok next Wonwoo you will be partnered with Seungkwan." Wonwoo looked over at Seungkwan who smiled at him. Isn't he one of Mingyu's friends?  Wonwoo asked himself. He knew that they sat near each other at lunch. He s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter