Chapter 6

Cinnamon Summer [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyunsik’s POV

“Hyung!” Ilhoon waves at me as I entered the bar that we are supposed to meet. This time unlikely of him, he wore a simple white tee with light grey hoodie. Maybe he wants to disguise but people could notice him right way. Obviously he can’t hide his handsome figure.

“Sorry. I’m late.” I apologize as I sat beside him.

“It’s okay. I also got here last 5 minutes ago.” Ilhoon already ordered the drink. I could say it is either whiskey or gold rush. I like to drink but nothing ever make me go thirsty than the way he takes a sip of the amber coloured drink in the diamond shaped glass. So, I clear my throat and order the bartender the old-fashioned.

“Classic.” Ilhoon said when he saw me ordering the old-fashioned cocktail. I just laughed it through. I can’t believe I become close to the person that I wanted to know last three years ago.

“gold rush?” I asked looking at the drink in the glass which he held.

“Yes.” He answered and he started to talk about the trip-thing which I don’t want to go. From what he said, the trip is about 1 week.

“Ilhoon ah.” I wanted to tell him that I don’t want to go.

“Ne, hyung.” He looked at me and all my unwillingness is gone. “Nothing.” I smiled at him and kept drinking the cocktail until I heard him sigh.

“Have you been in love, hyung?” Ilhoon suddenly asked him. Love. The only topic that I do not want to discuss about because I know nothing about love. I have never loved a person before. I don't think I might be in love with me in the future, too. 

“No.” I answered shortly.

“Really? I thought you already has someone to love.” He said. Someone to love. There is always one question on my mind whenever I saw couple. Why do they find someone to love? I mean, isn’t loving yourself enough?

“No, I don’t. Why? Do you love someone?” I do not want to ask that question. Somewhere inside my mind does not want to know the answer for that question, too. But I asked. Something bothers me and mostly worries me that he might answer yes.

“That…I don’t know.” He smiled but I could see some sorrow in it. “Well, I met a girl when I was 17. And we have been dating since then. You know, I did everything that I supposed to as a boyfriend.” So, you have a girlfriend. Ilhoon started to talk about his relationship.

“I never miss to give her flowers on her birthdays and I met her parents because she wanted me to. And I don’t cheat, you know. But I … I don’t know where I went wrong. Our relationship is sinking now.” He sounded so bitter. and ouch, I felt the sting inside my left chest. I have never felt it before but I let it pass. Seeing him breathing heavily and drinking several whiskey shots, unknowingly breaks my heart. I wanted to say something that could make him cheer up but this mouth could not bring out a word.

“I’m sorry, hyung. I have been nagging a lot.” Ilhoon makes a fake laugh and tried to get up but he falls back eventually. So I managed to hold him back so that he did not fall on to the ground.

“I think you should go home, Ilhoon ah.” I told him.

“NO! I’m fine, hyung.”

“Maybe you should sit here until you are actually fine.” I make him sit down again. There are minutes of silent passes by but it is not awkward at all. I really wanted to accompany him. However, that silent is dist

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter