How Did It End Up Like This?

Sundaes and Black Parades

"He's totally gay!"
"There's no way that he's gay! He's always hanging around with Soyou, they've totally got to be doing each other!"

Changkyun looked up from where he's sat at Dahyun's table, trying to do their group project together. She was too busy arguing with Nayeon over some boy's uality to be bothered with helping him. From Dahyun's shouted rebuttals, it seemed she was thoroughly convinced that whoever it was had to be 100% straight. He rolled his eyes and sets down the glitter glue pen he'd been using to outline the title of their poster. Biology would have to wait for now. "Dahyun, you couldn't even tell when Nayeon was trying to make out with you. Your gaydar is broken. Who are you even talking about?"

Dahyun and Nayeon exchange glances for a moment. Ever since he'd had the run-in with their subject in the cafeteria a few weeks back, it had seemed like a somewhat touchy subject. However, if they didn't tell him Changkyun would get suspicious. After a brief game of rock, paper, scissors Nayeon looks over at their friend. "Chae Hyungwon."

"H-hyungwon?" Changkyun swallowed the sudden lump in his throat. . Did they know. "Hyungwon is....he's...hot?" , wrong word. They definitely knew now.

Dahyun squealed and leapt to her feet. "YOU HAVE A CRUSH ON THE TURTLE BOY!!" She clapped her hands while she jumped up and down excitedly. "NOW WE HAVE TO FIND OUT SO WE CAN HOOK THE TWO OF YOU UP! IT'LL BE LIKE BEAUTY AND THE BEAST!!"

Changkyun had gone tomato red by this point, and he silently prayed for death as he hid behind their poster. Maybe Dahyun would get distracted by the sparkly purple mitochondria he'd drawn and drop the subject. No such luck.

"Ooh, we could get him to ask you to Homecoming! OR YOU COULD ASK HIM!!" She was tapping a finger against her chin as she thinks about this. "What do you think, jagiya?"

"I think you need to calm down. You just swore that Hyungwon wasn't even gay," Nayeon replied with a light chuckle, moving to get herself a glass of water. 

Dahyun, on the other hand, was staring Changkyun down like a cat stalking a mouse. She slowly scooted closer, tugging their project from his hands and tossing it aside. "Does that mean you think he might be gay? Or at least bi? I've heard all rich boys are gay in secret and hire boyfriemds." Changkyun moved to pick up the posterboard, only to be blocked by the girl in front of him. "Would you stop it?? It's a Friday! Forget the homework, nerd. We've got more important things to focus on right now!"

Nayeon made her way back over to the pair and sat down across the table from Changkyun. "Jagiya, calm down. How do you even know Changkyunnie oppa likes boys? He's never told us, you've just assumed."

Dahyun hesitated for only half a second before yanking up her tshirt to expose her rather ample chest to Changkyun. "Oppa, does this do anything for you? Answer quickly, it's cold in here."

If Changkyun's face had been red before, it was nearly purple now. "Dahyun, I'm gay! I'm gay! Put them away!" he practically shouted, shielding his eyes. "Have you no shame woman?!"

Dahyun grinned and pulled her shirt back down to cover herself again. "I'm not embarrassed. The only two people here are my girlfriend and my best friend, so what's there to be shy about?" Nayeon blew her a kiss from behind Changkyun with a grin. Changkyun, meanwhile, looked like he's ready to melt into the floor. 

"But how do we know if Hyungwon is actually gay?" Dahyun went back to her lively debate with Nayeon. Changkyun sat back and listened, half amused and half mortified. It was almost as if he were invisible as the two argued back and forth about his crush and his theoretical future romantic life. Finally, he can't take it anymore and he leaps to his feet. 

"Guys, shut up!!" 

Dahyun and Nayeon turned to look at him, startled by his outburst. Changkyun was normally a fairly quiet person, and so he probably had something important to say judging by his sudden outburst. His cheeks began to redden a bit as he cleared his throat. "W-well, well, um...well...we kind of...put our lips together? After lacrosse practice one day?"

Dahyun's answering shriek could have shattered glass. "YOU KISSED CHAE HYUNGWON, RESIDENT RICH BOY, AND YOU NEVER TOLD US?! WHAT THE ING , CHANGKYUNNIE!! YOU BURIED THE LEAD!!"

He groaned and hid his face in his hands. He should've just finished the poster on mitochondria.

Dahyun grabbed him by the shoulders, shaking him a little. "Oppa, what happened? Was it good? Did he taste like champagne and caviar? Were his lips soft? Did he confess? Did you confess? Are you dating? DO I HAVE TO HAVE A NEW OTP?!"

Nayeon pouted in the corner. "I thought we were your OTP?" she asked quietly.

Dahyun dismissively waved a hand in Nayeon's general direction. "Irregardless! I need details, Oppa!"

Changkyun held up his hands as if to fend her off. "I'd tell you if you'd let me get a word in edgewise! Jeez, you're like a chipmunk on laced energy drinks."

Dahyun fell silent, nodding for him to talk. He took a deep breath before starting in. "It was really good. He smells like Fahrenheit cologne, and he has this honey lip balm...and no, we aren't dating. Nothing got confessed. We were arguing over who had the right to use a specific locker and the tension built and we kind of just...did it."

Dahyun grinned slowly. "So you know now we have to get you together. Nayeon, fire up the social media accounts!"

Changkyun groanned and flopped down face first onto the carpet. Why him?