It Started Out With a Kiss

Sundaes and Black Parades

Changkyun had just entered the locker room right as the lacrosse team was finishing up changing into their uniforms. Most days after school he used the the school's gym equipment to work out. It was a cheap alternative to having to save up for a membership to a legitimate gym, so he wasn't complaining. Trying not to draw attention to himself, he made his way to his usual locker so that he can change clothes and put his backpack away. Unfortunately, it appeared that someone had already put their gym bag into his locker. Frowning slightly, he began to move the other person's things to the bench in the middle of the room. He wasn't trying to be rude or disrespectful, he simply wanted to get the other person's out stuff out of the way so that he could use his own locker. A few of the jocks smirked as they passed by him, but he didn't think anything of it. He looked out of place here, so he could see how it could be kind of funny. With a nonchalant shrug he finished changing.

Hyungwon emerged from the stall he'd been changing his own clothes in when he spotted his belongings laid out on the bench. Funny, he could have sworn that he'd put those in a locker. Locker 221B, to be exact. Oh well, it was a very easy fix. He strolled across the room casually to begin putting everything back, but he ended up stopping short. Where his things had been before rested a pair of dirty black Coverse and a Mayday Parade hoodie. They certainly didn't belong to him, which meant that some stranger had been there and touched his things. Hyungwon shuddered at the very thought before starting to move the other person's things into the locker next door. He was nearly done when Changkyun came around the corner to grab his headphones, eyes widening at the sight of Hyungwon standing there. "Hey, that's my locker!"

Hyungwon regarded the younger male calmly. "No, you seem to be mistaken. This is my locker. Beat it, freak." He made a dismissive waving gesture with his hand towards Changkyun as he slams the metal door shut.

Not one to be deterred easily, Changkyun crossed his arms and begin to tap his foot irately. "Yeah, but see, this is my locker because I use it everyday. I know you think you're entitled to anything and everything anyone owns ever, but you need to back off. I called dibs. Dibs is sacred. It's almost as sacred as a pinky swear!"

Hyungwon had zoned out somewhere near the halfway point of Changkyun's speech, far too captivated by the sophomore's features. Now that he thought about it, Changkyun was kind of cute. He was far cuter than Soyou in Hyungwon's opinion, but that wasn't something he had to admit out loud. Something about the way his red lips moved while those darkly outlined eyes held him in place with their sharp gaze....

At the word dibs Hyungwon was yanked from his thoughts, and before he could stop himself he blurted out, "You can call dibs on me, freak. I give you permission." No sooner had the words left his mouth than he started to blush a deep red. He wished for death in that moment. Dark eyes turned down to the ground, avoiding the other's startled gaze. "Um...what? I didn't say anything. You said it." He tried to step around Changkyun.

Hyungwon's statement had certainly caught Changkyun by surprise, and he wasn't really quite sure of where to proceed from here. "Are you...Chae Hyungwon, are you flirting with me?" he asked incredulously as he stared up at the other. "What the-"

Whatever he was about to say was cut off quickly as he felt a sudden weight against his lips. Hyungwon had been overcome by a surge of impulsiveness, and so he'd closed the gap between them to steal the kiss from Changkyun before he could lose his nerve. He, Chae Hyungwon, was kissing a boy.

Changkyun was pissed, but something about Hyungwon's soft lips seemed to melt him just a little. Despite his attempts to draw up hatred for this guy, butterflies began to stir in the bottom of his stomach. He had never kissed someone before; as far as first kisses went, this could be a lot worse than it actually was. Eventually he gave in, and he leaned in a little while allowing his eyes to fall closed. He could only hope that Hyungwon didn't see it fit to break his jaw when he came to his senses.

Hyungwon was a little too dazed to even remotely consider beating Changkyun up at the moment. Sure, he's kissed people before, but never a man. This was a whole new experience for him, and as hesitant to admit as he was it just felt right. The girls were nice, but this was an entirely new emotion altogether. Was this what people called desire? Maybe if they stayed like this a bit longer...

The door to the locker room banged open, and the pair leapt apart as if they'd been struck by lightning. Luckily for them, where they were stood was hidden from view of the entry door thanks to the way the lockers were lined up in neat rows leading back to the showers. Hyungwon looked at Changkyun with slightly panicked eyes. "I didn't see you here, got it? And that never happened." Before Changkyun could reply, Hyungwon had grabbed his bag full of lacrosse equipment and fled out the door to the field.

Changkyun sighed softly as he touched his slightly swollen lips, looking a bit wistfully towards the door. "You could've at least asked me for my number, ..."

 

 

A//N: I asked my girlfriend to name this chapter and she named it after the song we had our first kiss to. It seemed extremely fitting ^^;;