1/1

Even when I lose I'm winning
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

**

"Can you stop? You're giving me a headache." Jongin groans from where he's sitting on the couch inside the men's room. He loosens his tie a little, it's hot in there but Chanyeol doesn't seem to be ready to come out any time soon. He keeps pacing around, fiddling with his fingers and chewing on his lower lip.

"I'm nervous!" Chanyeol exclaims, flailing his arms up.

"You worked on this for months, Yeol. You're more than ready." Jongin rolls his eyes.

"Yes, but this is the first time he'll hear me sing and─"

"Wait, wait." Jongin stops him, eyes furrowed in confusion as he leans in and supports his elbows over his knees. "You've been dating Baekhyun for what? Five years?" Chanyeol nods. "You're marrying him, and you're telling me he has never, ever heard you sing before?" Chanyeol nods again.

"How is that possible? You've been living together for two years." Chanyeol shrugs. "Not even in the shower?"

"Nope." Chanyeol pops his lips. Jongin whistles and leans back on the couch, crossing his arms and legs. "He doesn't even know I can sing."

"I'm impressed. Pretty sure Baekhyun will be blown away."

"You think so?" Chanyeol asks, the right corner of his mouth curling up in worry.

"Of course! Dude, you turned that song into an even greater masterpiece with the arrangements you made."

"Oh god." Chanyeol whines at Jongin's words, he didn't expect for the expectations to be that high. "What if I screw up? What if my voice breaks? I think I'm going to throw up." He attempts to walk towards one of the stalls, but Jongin is fast on his feet, stopping him from ruining his suit.

"Relax." Jongin says as he grabs him by the shoulders. "Breathe," he says, taking a deep breath and indulging Chanyeol to do the same. Chanyeol opens his mouth, takes an intake of air and huffs it out again. "Better?"

"Yes." Chanyeol answers while he shakes his head negatively.

"Come on, Chanyeol. Man up─"

"Guys." The room's door suddenly opens and they both jump back, startled. Chanyeol quickly hides his music sheets behind his back as they stare with wide eyes at the man peeking his head over the door.

"Kyungsoo." Chanyeol releases the breath he was holding and relaxes his tense shoulders.

"Are you ready?"

"No─"

"Well, you better hurry. Baekhyun is looking for you and he's starting to rip the flowers from the tables’ arrangements." Kyungsoo sighs. "Jongdae gave him vodka. Please come out before he seriously starts to freak out." He pleads.

"Give me five more minutes. Tell Yoora to be ready."

"Five minutes, Chanyeol." Kyungsoo reminds him. Chanyeol nods and then, Kyungsoo is gone again.

"Alright." Chanyeol turns back to Jongin. "I'm going out." He says with confidence.

"You can do this." Jongin pats his shoulder.

"Just please, if I this up and Baekhyun asks me for the divorce, promise me you'll get drunk with me."

"You're not going to anything up." Jongin sighs. He takes his friend by the shoulders again and begins pushing him towards the door. "And no one's getting divorce. Now, go out there and blow your husband's mind."

Chanyeol gives Jongin a confident nod and rushes out of the bathroom. Baekhyun meets him half way.

"Chanyeol!" He exclaims, grabbing him by the hand to stop his fast and long steps.

"I can’t talk right now, baby, I'll─"

"Yeol, where were you? What is going on─"

"Wait here, just wait here." Chanyeol insists, trying to pull away from his husband's grip as gently as possible. It takes him a few seconds, but Baekhyun finally lets him go. He doesn't look happy, as Chanyeol glances back and sees him with a deep frown on his face and his arms crossed against his chest. He hopes his surprise will make up for it.

Chanyeol runs up the stairs on the opposite site of the lounge, to the small terrace they didn't include on their budget because they both had agreed that they couldn't afford it. The lights go dimmer, the purple glim of the architectural lights illuminating from the lower parts of the wall give the room a special, sensual feeling.

Baekhyun's stomach churns when a single white light illuminates the terrace and a white Grand Piano appears. His eyes widen, he recognizes that piano from his mother's studio.

A moment later, Chanyeol comes to view. He's fixing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter