Two

Million Dollar Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two

 

Nothing fascinated Jiyong that night on the dinner table other than watching the tic of his Carter watch at each passing seconds. He stayes in this family dinner out of respect to his mother and grandfather—the only family he has now. But he felt that the conversation they were sharing was heading to a bucket of nonsense. He could have used the time he spent here into reading some documents from work or taking are of the events when he was not around.

He finally gathered his thought and took the napkin to wipe the corners of his mouth.

“The food’s delicious, Mom. And it is nice to see you in good health, Grandfather.” He gave them a tight-lipped smile. “If you excuse me, I like to go back home and rest.”

“You can sleep here, dear.” Mrs. Hana said quickly.

“Do you need me for something else, Mom?”

His mother hesitated a bit to respond but his grandfather finally voiced out his main intention for this dinner. It’s just that, Jiyong didn’t foresee what the old Chairman really wants.

“You’re engaged to someone.”

“Jiyong’s brow twitched. “Wow. All of a sudden. To whom?”

“Don’t bother searching for her. if you try to ruin the engagement, I am telling you Jiyong, I will put her name as my sole heir to all the Kwon’s riches.”

His brows shot up in clear surprise, He once thought something like this will happen in his life. But he proved to them that he is a good businessman, he thought that they would leave him alone. He gritted his teeth in an attempt to cool down his emotions.

“Are you serious right now?”

He glanced to check his mother’s reaction and she looked like she totally accepted the idea. He scoffed and bit his lips, trying to think of any way to escape this ordeal. “You can’t force me to be tied in this marriage. I can leave Kwon Industries and help your competitors to bring you down. Are you really going to let a stranger be your heir and ultimately ruin your legacy?”

“She’s not a stranger in Kwon Industries. She works there.” The old man smiled to cover the plea in his eyes. “Our family owes them big time and I really want to help her have a comfortable life.”

“Marrying me will give her a comfortable life?!” He smirked. “She’s marrying a devil.”

“You insolent child!”

“Why don’t you just give her some money?”

“Your father killed her father! No amount of money can compensate a life that was gone!” The old man held tight on the table and breathed heavily from the outburst.

Jiyong closed his eyes to gather his wits and control his composure. It’s not good for his grandfather’s health. So he shouldn’t do things that will increase his blood pressure.

“Jiyong…” His mom affectionately called him sitting beside the Chairman. “You used to have nightmares of the road accident when you were a kid. Maybe you don’t remember it now because we took you to a specialist immediately but it did happen, honey.”

Hazy but he did remember having that nightmare before. He remembered his father speeding the car on a frantic manner to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter