Nothing to Lose 


Carpe Diem

Dongwan looks down at the helmet and shakes his head, a smile on his face.  "What I'm I doing?" He whispers as he walks towards Alex. 

Alex gets on the bike and smiles wide. Dongwan stands in front of her and takes a picture " just in case" he laughs. Alex takes a picture of him "just in case".  

"Hop on" Alex runs her hand over her short pixie cut hair before putting the helmet over her head. Dongwan puts the helmet on and gets on and cautiously  placing his hands on her waist. She looks down and laughs " unless you want to fall you need to hold on tight" she takes his hands and wraps his arms around her waist " don't worry I don't bite" 

She starts the bike " are you sure you know how to ride?" Dongwan asks. Alex looks down to make sure he is holding on "it's a bit to late to be asking, don't you think?" she says with a smirk as she takes off. 

Dongwan is taken by surprise and wraps his arms tighter around her waist. Alex smiles as she feels his arms and starts to go faster. They ride through the streets of Seoul, the lights of the buildings illuminating their way.

They ride in silence, Dongwan for the first time in months allowing himself to let go. He closes his eyes for a second, taking in the feel of the wind against his skin. His worries taken away by the wind. She takes a road that takes them away from the city. Their path now illuminated by a few street lights and the moon.

She stops in a small road on a hill overlooking the city. Alex turns off the bike and takes off her helmet as she turns to Dongwan. “Ok, we are here"

Dongwan takes off his helmet and looks around. "Where are we?" He asks as he gets off.

"My favorite place in Seoul" she says as gets off and takes his helmet and sets both on the bike. "Let me show you why" she heads to the railing Dongwan following along.

" isn't it beautiful?" Alex leans against the railing, her eyes full of wonder as she takes in the scenery. The lights of Seoul in the distance, specks of light against the night sky.

"It is" Dongwan says softly as he relaxes and turns to look at her. "Do you come here often?"

She turns and looks at him " are you hitting on me Mr. Kim?" She says in a teasing tone as she nudges him " you need to come up with better pick up lines"

"Yah! That's not what I meant" he says and looks at the lights again.

" so I am not pretty enough for you?... I see" she says as she looks down and hides a smirk.

Dongwan looks over at her and nudges her " stop twisting my words, I dint mean that either. You are very pretty" and he means those words. He studies her features; his eyes travel from her neck that is exposed by her short hair to her full lips then to her eyes that get a cute slight wrinkle when she smiles. He is loss in his thoughts when he realizes she is looking at him. " Mr. Kim?"

Dongwan gets started and looks away, he can feel his cheeks starting to blush. "what were you saying?"

She shakes her head "nothing important. What were you thinking?"

"Nothing... it's just really is beautiful here" he sighs "so quiet" he closes his eyes enjoying the cool breeze that passes by them.

Alex looks at her watch " it's getting pretty late. We should head back"

"Ok" he nods at her.

They walk to the bike "do you want to ride it?"

"You trust me?" He says laughing

"Have you ridden one before?"

"Yes, a couple of times"

"Ok, that is enough for me. You trusted me so I will trust you" she hands him the helmet. Dongwan takes the helmet and gets on. Alex puts her helmet on and gets on behind him one arm around his waist and throws the other in triumph as she shouts "LET'S GO!"

He laughs and after making sure she is holding on he takes off.

Dongwan starts riding and slowly speeds up. The wind rushing pass them, the roar of the motor filling their ears. He speeds up more and feels Alex's arms tightening around his waist. The feels of her arms makes him feel secure and wanted, he smiles at the feeling. As they get into the city again he slows down until they reach his place.

He turns off the bike and waits for her to get off before parking it.

"So did you have fun Mr. Kim?" She takes his helmet and stores it underneath the bike seat.

" I really did" he fidgets with his hands " so did is my place... I really had a great time"

Alex smiles wide "I am glad. Well I should get going" she turns to get on the bike as Dongwan reaches and holds her arm "can I have your number?"

" I thought you'd never ask" she gives him a smirk and stretches her hand asking for his phone. "Call me when you are up for an adventure"

He takes the phone and nods. Alex gives him a bow and after putting her helmet takes off. Dongwan smiles and goes inside, exhaust but happy. That night he has the best sleep he has had in months.