Workaholic

Carpe Diem

Dongwan curses as he looks at his watch. It's 8pm and he is an hour late to dinner with the guys. Dongwan knows they will be pissed. He gathers his things and heads out, the restaurant is not far from the studio and he plans on coming back to work after dinner.

It has become a habit for him to be the first and last one at the studio. He walks the empty hallway and gets startled when his phone rings.

{yah! Kim Dongwan where are you? We have been waiting here for over an hour} an angry voice can be heard through the phone as soon as he picks up {you know how hard it was to get everyone to come. Are you going to come or not?} the voice not giving Dongwan the opportunity to answer { so... are you coming?}

{if you let me answer I will let you know...I will be there in 10 minutes. See you soon} they hang up and Dongwan exits the building the cool night air, the sounds from the street taking him by surprise. He has been working at the studio alone the whole day. He starts walking and immediately takes out his phone again. It's a 10 minute walk, plenty of time to answer some emails.

He walks with his eyes glued to the phone not paying attention to his surroundings. Dongwan walks as if he owns the sidewalk not deviating from his path. Forcing the other people to quickly move out of his way. Causing him to receive a few disapproving looks from a few ahjummas. A few fans spot him and try to get his attention to no avail, a disappointing look on their faces as they miss the opportunity to talk to their oppa . Dongwan is completely consumed with the task at hand. He knows he won't get any responses until tomorrow, people have learned to not answer any emails after a certain hour... if they do, they are sure to get another email or call from the workaholic Dongwan.

He doesn't notice that he reached the intersection and the light changed. He takes a step into the street when he suddenly feels a someone grab his arm and pull him back. A car honks speeding by inches away from Dongwan. His eyes get wide and for the first time since coming out of the studio he looks up. He is face to face with the person who pulled him back a concerned look in the person's eyes.

"Are you ok?" The person asks.

Dongwan looks around, his heart pounding "yeah... I... " he looks down at his hand and sees he dropped his phone. Picks it up and sees the phone's screen has cracked. " my phone... I... "

"Your phone?! Really, that's your priority?… It seems you are ok. You need to pay more attention to where you are going. " takes one more look at Dongwan who is still focus on his phone and walks away.

Dongwan looks up and sees the person crossing the street, the only thing still visible the red sweater standing out in the night. He puts his phone in his pocket and goes to the restaurant, his heart settling. He really needs a drink now.