Blind Date

Carpe Diem

“Are you ready? we are already running late” Hyesung peeks into Dongwan’s room to check if the man is done changing. 

Dongwan slips a dark blue dress shirt over his head. "I'm going, I'm going" he goes to the mirror and fixes his hair. "What's the big deal we are only meeting Andy"

Hyesung stands next to Dongwan and runs his fingers through his own hair. " you never know who we can run into" he nudges Dongwan.

He laughs " why do I have a strange feeling about this"

Hyesung starts pushing him towards the door. " let's go. The night is young"

They arrive at a rooftop restaurant, the night is cool and they head inside. They step inside and look for Andy who is already waiting for them. They spot him at the bar talking to a woman who Dongwan doesn't recognize. Hyesung points in that direction and they walk towards them.

Andy gets up and puts his arm around Dongwan making him sit next to the woman. " so this is Kim Dongwan. I know you two are going to hit it off" Dongwan turns and looks at Andy and hyesung and mouths "what?"

" hi my name is Park Jisoo" the woman politely bows at Dongwan

" hi, Kim Dongwan" he bows to her.

"Ok you two have fun" the two men leave before Dongwan can protest, Andy looking back and smiling big as he sees Dongwan's confused face.

"I guess they dint tell you about this, sorry I dint know you dint know" Jisoo looks at him.

"It's ok, let's go to sit" they walk to the table and Dongwan pulls the chair out for her and goes to sit in front of her.

" Jisoo ssi what do you?"

" I am a  working to become a fashion designer." She at looks him shyly and puts her hair behind her ear. They talk about her job and his. Jisoo acts very impressed and excited about what he does. She asks him about all the idols he knows. It seems all she wants to know is about his life as an idol and not about his everyday life.

Dongwan is used to this type of response from women. Although not all are the same most get fixated with the glamour of his job and forget everything else. As he listens to her and answers her questions he thinks about his brothers. He sometimes envies the relationships they have found. Junjin and Eric are lucky to have found women who love all of them, their idol selfs and their everyday selfs. Even Minwoo has found someone who is not distracted by the limelight. He is happy for them but wishes to also find that.

Jisoo eats very delicately and laughs at his jokes, even the lame ones. He looks at her, she has a slim figure, milky skin and long dark flowing hair. Although beautiful he doesn't feel an ounce of attraction towards her. She is like all the other women he has met.

He politely smiles and listens to her, inadvertently checking his phone. There are so many other things he could be doing.

"Excuse me, ill be right back" she brings him back from his thoughts. He politely nods at her.

Dongwan picks up his phone and starts looking through his emails.

"Wow, is your date going that bad?" a voice pulls his attention. He looks at the person that sat in front of him.

"Excuse me" he answers confused

"Your date, you have been looking at your phone all night. Is she that boring?" The person leans in as if it was a secret. 

Dongwan looks dumbfounded at the boldness of the stranger.

"Sorry, where are my manners. My name is Alex. And you are Mr…” 

“Dongwan…Kim Dongwan” he stares at Alex

“Nice to meet you Mr. Kim. so do you want me to save you from this date? I can pretend to be a jealous ex or say there is an emergency” Alex says with a smirk. 

“I am fine… thank you”

“it wouldn't be the first time I save you” Alex points to his phone “I see you got a new one” 

“that was you?!” 

“Yes” sees Jisoo coming back and stands “ If you change your mind I will be at the bar” Alex leans in and whispers close to Dongwan’s ear then walks away turning back to look at him and smiles.

“who was that?” Jisoo asks as she sits

“Just a fan” Dongwan looks past Jisoo at Alex who is sitting at the bar. 

After a while their conversation starts to die down and they awkwardly sit. “ Dongwan ssi, its late. I should get going. It was great meeting you” Jisoo slides her business card across the table “ hope to hear from you soon” She stands up and gives him a small bow

Dongwan stands and returns the bow smiling politely at her “ drive safe” Jisoo nods and heads out. He sits down and pays the bill, he glances at the bar and sees that Alex is gone. He stands and heads outside to call a cab.

“How was the rest of the date Mr. Kim?” the voice startles Dongwan. Alex laughs “ you are just too cute” 

“It was fine” He takes out his phone to call a cab not looking at Alex.

“ Really? It's just 8pm and its over…ummm that doest sound like a good date to me.” Alex walks towards Dongwan and stands in front of him taking his cellphone “ Do you want to do something fun?” 

“ Why would I go anywhere with a stranger” Dongwan says as he reaches for his phone and looks at Alex carefully 

“you just had dinner with a stranger. what is the difference?” Alex takes a step towards him causing him to take a step back “ I promise I will make your heart race” Alex says with a smirk

“What?!” Dongwan’s face gets bright red causing Alex to have fit of laughter 

“Wow Mr. Kim, get your head out of the gutter” Alex hands Dongwan his phone and steps out of the way and points to a motorcycle, goes to the motorcycle and comes back with two helmets giving one to Dongwan “Come on, what do you have to lose?”

Dongwan looks at the helmet in his hands and then at Alex. “come on Mr. Kim the night is young” Alex says with a playful smile blooming. 

He takes a steps towards the bike “What do I have to lose?” he says under his breath…