sorry i can't be that girl

seventeen syllables of love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'm falling out, babe

It's not you, it's me; truly

I've made a mistake.

 

 

It starts when Seulgi storms out of her apartment after they've had an argument, the first of many to come.

It was because Joohyun had been warming up a bit too much to the new employee at her job.

Seulgi had no problem with that, she really didn't, until Joohyun almost ditches her on their 8 month anniversary, that she snaps.

If you like her so much spend time with her instead, she said.

If you think that's she's better than me date her instead, she slurred.

She wonders if Joohyun even loves—let alone likes her, when she hears "Maybe I will then," and she can't take it anymore.

She didn't deserve to feel like this, when Joohyun felt nothing at all.

There's not much she can do but leave, uncaring for the plans she made for tonight.

A reservation was booked at the restaurant Joohyun's been dying to go to, she was saving up for it ever since that night when the two passed by it and Joohyun was telling her all the things she wanted to try there.

When Seulgi sees the stars in Joohyun's eyes just by the mere thought of going there, she makes a decision.

She would give up anything just to see the twinkling again, and what better way than to actually take her to the restaurant?

After Seulgi's stargazing they would go to an arcade, the one they always go to, and she'd let Joohyun win, and she'll think she's got it bad, because there's nothing she wants more to stay in that moment.

They'd then go for a walk, and Joohyun will for wearing layers of clothes so that she would stick closer to her.

She'll coax her into staying the night, because she wants Seulgi to keep her all warm and fuzzy and Seulgi will eventually give in, because she's got it real bad.

But none of this happens, and Seulgi's not sure if it will.

Her breathing's heavy and her mind cloudy, and she becomes numb throughout the next day.

In her dreams, she gets to celebrate their anniversary on her ideal date with Joohyun.

 

 

She falls sick and she's never been more glad.

The click of her front door goes unnoticed, but the hands snaking around her waist don't.

The apologies Joohyun lets out aren't being registered in her brain, but the tears she feels on her neck and the muffled words she hears surely are.

It's when she turns around to meet the red and puffy eyes, that the guilt finally hits her.

The words die out and the hug tightens, as Seulgi kisses the crown of Joohyun's head.

"I'm sorry,"  the faint whisper causes vibrations at her neck, going beyond an apolog

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter