me, me, only me

seventeen syllables of love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hot fire and cold ice,

Melting, because of your heat

Extinguished, coolly.

 

,,,

 

“I heard that Kang Seulgi is the hottest person you'll ever meet.”

“Kang Seulgi, she's really...how do you even...” She clears , “So, what? How is this information relevant to me?”

“As the campus' heartbreaker, I can't believe you haven't met her yet.”

“I bet it's because Joohyunnie has a crush on her~ She can't bear to look in her direction for five seconds.”

“I-I don't. In fact, I'll go and get her to kiss me right now.”

1. Don't face your crush out of peer pressure.

 

,,,

 

“It's automatic~ I neukkim geudaero just hold on~ I love the way—”

“Aren't you Seulgi? I'm Joohyun, but you probably know that already.”

“...Yeah. T-That's me. Good old Seulgi, heh.”

“O-kay... so, d'you wanna kiss me?" She tenses, "Excuse me?”

“I mean, not to offend you or anything, but this is like, a once in a lifet— Oh my god are you okay? Your face is getting way too red—”

“I-It's okay, I-I'm fine. And I'm not going to k-kiss you.”

“What? So, are you like rejecting me like I can't kiss you till the end of time or like I can't kiss you now?”

“Well, you just met me, so I won't kiss you.”

“Will you kiss me after we get to know each other?”

... 

“I'll take your stuttering as a yes! You'll kiss me in no time Kang Seulgi!”

2. Don't stutter too much in front of your crush.

 

,,,

 

I already know everything about her. What the hell can we talk about?

Great. So much for Joy telling me to stalk her. All that precious time wasted.

3. Talk to each other to get to know them, don't stalk them, like a, well, creepy stalker.

 

,,,

 

“I didn't know that you paint! Can you paint me sometime?”

“I actually... don't do portraits.”

“That's a shame. I've always wanted to get painted like Rose from the Titanic.” She chokes.

“Haha. Y-You won't catch me doing that anytime!”

“Your face gets red way too much and your voice is so shaky all the time. Is it an unexplainable illness or something?”

“N-No, nothing like that. It's just so hot here.”

“It's always humid near the sea. What'd you expect then?”

“I really don't know.”

“Since you didn't ask, I like to sleep with people when I'm free.” 

“That's nice.”

“I'm free right now.”

“I can see that.” She sighs.

“Can you just kiss me already? We know enough about each other.”

“Yeah, I paint and you're promiscuous. I could write a biography about you.”

“Very funny. What's your favourite colour?”

“Purple.”

“What? Isn't it orange?”

“Ha! So you do know about me!”

“Will you kiss me now then?”

“No.” She sighs.

4. Honesty, truly, is the best policy.

 

,,,

 

It's been two months. Joohyun still doesn't get a kiss from Seulgi.

Until one day, she does. Not where she was expecting though.

The two were walking on the flower road, the name it infamously got by being surrounded by tons of flowers.

She thinks that today was no day for kisses, when Seulgi's non existent fever keeps acting up.

Seulgi stops walking when they reach an empty patch of grass.

She looks straight into Joohyun's eyes.

Joohyun thinks that today she'll get lucky, because she finally spots a four leaf clover, while avoiding Seulgi.

Suddenly, Seulgi decides to get down on one knee. Joohyun panics.

She takes her hand into her slightly larger one and kisses it.

“Joohyun, date me.” Seulgi's non existent fever must've caught onto her, 'cause she finds it difficult to breath.

“No.”

“Does that mean you won't date me now or—”

“This is one of the least romantic proposals I've gotten, try harder.” She says while finding the sky interesting.

“Okay, then.” Seulgi is taking this surprisingly well. “Aren't you disappointed?”

“If I can't get you to date me, that means you've lost. You still didn't kiss me, if you recall.” 

“I didn't give up!”  “That means I won't give up either.”

5. All is fair in love and war, but in love-wars, I don't know.

 

,,,

 

If Seulgi had ₩1000 for everytime Joohyun stopped them from turning into something more, she'd be a billionaire by now.

It's all weird, she thinks. She says no to a kiss, while Joohyun says no to a relationship.

When Seulgi gets a bit too close, she goes off to sleep with the nearest person she can find.

Doesn't she know that she's hurting?

She can't take it anymore, she muses, while standing in front of Joohyun's house.

She sees Joohyun arriving, hair disheveled and clothes backwards.

“Seulgi? What are you doing here?”

She kisses her short enough to be chaste, but long enough to get her feelings through.

“Don't,“ she breathes, “break me anymore.”

She leaves and Joohyun can't even remember the person she accompanied that night.

6. Should've used that money for $₩AG.

 

,,,

 

d for im not in love with seulgi                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     e for im not in love with seulgi                                                                                                                                                

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter