Chapter 3

Love is .......

At Jeongyeon’s apartment

Nayeon’s POV

 

Nayeon has the extra house key of Jeongyeon’s apartment for 10% safety and 90% to annoy her friend. Nayeon opens the door, goes directly to the kitchen and looking for the sweets.

Meanwhile, Jeongyeon is just cleaning her skateboard in the living room.

Jeongyeon  :  I better change the house key . I never been afraid of the thief but so afraid of the hungry bunny.

Nayeon  :  Yah you are lucky that you have a friend like me. You don’t even like sweets and still buying . Those will be expired soon. So, better say thanks that I’m eating those. *still busy looking for jelly*

Jeongyeon  :  Excuse me miss, whenever I go to the market you followed me along and put every sweets you see in my shopping cart. And now you are saying that I’m the one who bought.

Nayeon  :  Whatever Jeong ..u smells like my grandmother always scolds people. *found the jellies but still choosing which colour to eat*

Jeongyeon  :  I assume that you repaired your bicycle already right?? *asking with full hope*

Nayeon  :  Of course, I don’t want to run again. My legs are hurt.

Jeongyeon  :  Thanks god. Wait..what? Oh sorry ..I forgot about your legs . Is still hurt ?? I will give you massage.  *asking anxiously and looking at her legs*

Nayeon  :  *Heart flutter*  I just like to eat sweet food but I really hate the sweet talk . Running like the ostrich yesterday and asking me that am I still hurt my legs today. …this kind of friend…. Next time why don’t we just walk instead of running whatever we are late or something  .. *trying to hid her smile but she did not know that she failed to hide it*

Jeongyeon  :  *rubbing Nayeon’s hair and smiles*  Sure, we will just walk linking our hands together and enjoy the street view   *looking directly at Nayeon and smiles again*  And I promise that I will never leave you behind…

 

Nayeon’s POV

 

I live for your promises, I am glad that you still do not break any of the promises…Thank you Jeong..thank you..

Nayeon just leaves her bicycle at Jeongyeon’s apartment. Today even though they are late to school, they walk to the school cause of Nayeon’s request. But linking their hands together did not happen cause Nayeon’s one hand is full of snacks bags , the other one is still holding the chocolate bar and eating it.

Near the school gate..

Jeongyeon  :  Ya ..the chocolate will stick on your teeth. And then you smile to the whole class…WoW..your beautiful photos will be hanging on the school walls with the caption “bunny eating chocolate?” I am proud of you Nayeonnie *side hugging her*

Nayeon almost slaps the ostrich’s arm but the person just avoid fast then she takes out her mirror and checking her teeth

Jeomgyeon  :  *looking at the school gate*  Oh is that Mina ? Is she waiting for you Nayeon?

Nayeon  :   Oh no ..I forgot that I planned to meet her here.

Meanwhile Jeongyeon still looking at Mina and she feels like her life is brighter just now and she doesn’t even notice herself that she is smiling.

Mina  :  Hello Nayeon unnie & Jeongyeon unnie ..

Nayeon  :  Sorry Mina, I was late.

Mina  :  Nah it is okay, I just arrived here.

Jeongyeon  :  Hey Mina ..

Mina  :  Hey..Ah I made kimbaps for us …unnies haven’t have breakfast right? Let’s have together..

Jeongyeon  :  Don’t give it to Nayeon, she got full of chocolate for the health breakfast  *pretending to choke Nayeon*

Nayeon  :  *escape from Jeong’s playful choking*  Yah..chocolate is good for brain

Mina  :  *laughs*  okay okay unnies ..don’t fight ..shall we go?? I’m hungry

Nayeon  :  Sure ..give me that *takes kimbap boxes from Mina*   I will look for the seats *walks fast leaving two behind*

Jeongyeon walks beside Mina and takes a glance at her

Jeongyeon  :  Finally I see you not crying today..Your happy face suits with you..you should smile more Mina.

Mina  :  Thank you unnie.  *but I’m still crying inside my heart and this smile is just I am pretending*

 

Jeongyeon’s POV

 

I know that you are pretending and I want to see your real smile that come from your heart. I just want you to be happy and I don’t know why I am being angry that I can’t make you smile.

Nayeon  :  Your kimbap is delicious . I love it.

Mina  :  Thank you & have a lot sunbaenim  . Btw what are we going to do today?

Jeongyeon hands the water to Nayeon cause Nayeon has full of and cannot answer it.

Jeongyeon  :  Im Nayeon..can you slow down a bit?

Nayeon drinks water and smile sweetly to Jeongyeon  then she try to steal the kimbap from Jeong’s chosticks. Mina is just looking at her two unnies and appear Chaeyoung on her mind. Chaeyoung did not pick up her phone calls for straight 2 days. So, she plans to visit to Chaeyoung’s house on today evening.

 

Evening at Chaeyoung’s apartment

 

Mina opens the door and saw that Chaeyoung is focusing on the painting. Mina releases her worry seeing her just doing her favourite thing. But Mina also knows that whenever Chaeyoung is happy, sad, or angry , she does the painting silently and  Mina talks her girlfriends with very low tone.

Mina  :  Hey sorry for disturbing you but we need to talk.

Chaeyoung stops painting and grabs Mina’s hands gently, go to the kitchen and let her take a seat. Mina got surprised that her favourite beef salad is on the table.

Mina  :  Did you prepare for this?

Chaeyoung preparing chopsticks for her and

Chaeyoung  :  Yes, I know you are coming today. That’s why I prepare it for you and I want to say sorry about last 2 days.

Mina  :   It’s okay, I am here to say sorry to you but now I’m happy that you are doing this for me  *smiles and eat the first take of the salad* Hmm..you are still my favourite chef  *grinning*

Chaeyoung looks at Mina smiling an still thinks about should I say it or not?

Chaeyoung  :  Mina chan… I did not talk about this but I have to right now. Last week I got some family problems.  *take a breath and continues , Mina is just silently listening*  I heard that my mother is at hospital right now and what she never told me is she got the cancer last stage. That’s why I need to go to her country and stay beside her until her last breath.

Chaeyoung who never let her pride down, never cry in front of anyone before is now start shaking her voice and tears start to fall down. Mina stands up , hugs Chaeyoung very tightly and rubs her back slowly. Seeing her girlfriend crying , Mina feels sad.

Mina  :  Why don’t you just tell me earlier . We should go to see her together. I will go with you.

Chaeyoung  :  *wipe her tears & stare at Mina*  When I said I need to take a break from our relationship, I really mean it. From now , I don’t want to think about any relationship, school and even my paintings. I just want to stay beside her and taking care of her , only my mom & me. That’s why I request a break from you.

Mina is keeping her balance not to fall down and thinking hard and finally speaks

Mina  :  I will let you go Chaeyoung and I want you to know that whatever you are coming back to me or not, I will be right here waiting for you. That’s my promise.

Chaeyoung  :  *holding Mina’s hands and looks at her with poor eyes*  U know Mina? Now I’m at the edge of losing someone I love so much. And that feels really hurt. If that thing happens to me again, that will kill me cause I cannot feel anymore. I won’t leave you forever and you won’t leave me too right?

Mina  :  Yes Chaeyoung I will never.  When are you going babe ? I will help you to pack your things.

Chaeyoung  :  I have done it Mina . I am just waiting for you . I was afraid that I won’t be seeing you before I take off. And I am going tonight.

 

At the airport ..

 

Mina  :  Babe..I know that you will not call me but call me just before you come back. Take care of your mother. Send my love to her. She will be happy that finally you are staying beside her, she always want you to stay beside her.

Chaeyoung  :  Don’t worry Mina . I will take care of her. The gate is opened . I will be going Mina . take care on your way back home.

 

Mina’s POV

Chaeyoung is leaving her and her back is facing me. I miss her already I can’t take it anymore. Mina just run to Chaeyoung and hugs from behind. Chaeyoung turns around hold hold Mina’s shoulders. Oh..Chaeyoung is crying and Mina too. And Chaeyoung held Mina’s chin up and kiss her …trying to memorize Mina’s sweet kiss and everything about her. And they take their breath and their foreheads are touching and their tears are mixed and time to say good byes.  That night Mina did not go back to her house. She spends her time at Chaeyoung’s apartment. She did some cleaning and tidy up her girlfriend’s things.

 

At the Nayeon’s house   

 

  Nayeon just back from the school and go directly to the kitchen, found her mother setting the dinner then hugs her mother behind and ask.

Nayeon  :  Mommy Bear…what’s for dinner?

Nayeon’s mom  :  Sorry darling today’s your father’s favourite and not yours

Nayeon pouts and show protest that she does not like the food.

Nayeon’s mom  :   Just kidding my lovely bunny, mommy cooked your favourite meals as well. Have a lot.

Nayeon  :   yay..you are so cute mom *pinch her mother’s cheeks*

Nayeon’s mom  :  btw your father is waiting for you inside the reading room. He wants to talk to you before the dinner.

Nayeon :  okay mom…  *goes to her room and change to pajamas and goes to the reading room to talk with her father*

Nayeon’s father  :  how’s the school? Is everything alright?

Nayeon  : * Nod her head * Everything is great dad. I am doing fine.

Nayeon’s father looks at Nayeon and asks

Nayeon’s dad  :  how about Jeongyeon? Is she taking her medicines well ?

Nayeon  :  Yes she is ..

Nayeon’s dad  :   I know you are taking care of your friend very well but you have to tell me if anything happens like she is clinging to someone more than normal, talking nonsense, easily angry, trying hard to get the thing that she likes and taking care of small little detailed about others.

Nayeon  :  Yes dad..if anything happens I will tell you.

Nayeon’s dad  :   She should see me last month but she did avoid me but never appear in front of me until now. I am just checking her mental state and not forcing her to do something. You should tell her to see me soon.

Nayeon  :  I will try dad..

Nayeon’s dad  :  And btw I did call her father and mother and inform them about her mental status . They were just listening to me silently and asked me only one thing that how much should I send you doctor. Don’t tell your friend about that .

Nayeon is very angry at Jeong’s parents but she can’t do anything about that.

Nayeon’s dad  :   You need to take care of your poor friend Neyeon. She left only us. And sorry for scolding you that you quit your dream school and joining to the same university as her to take care of her. You did the beautiful deed, I am proud of you my daughter.

After the dinner, Nayeon goes to her room and trying to focus on studying but she can’t and her mind visits to her childhood especially to jeongyeon and her childhood moments she will never forget….